Family Physicians

1110 Cottonwood Ln
Ste 200
Irving, TX 75038
972-258-7499
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Judy's Book.
 |  Pompous  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2013

N.P. was very nice and overall face to face staff was nice. However the follow through of getting prescriptions sent over to my selected pharmacy (Kroger) took several calls, e-mails and threat of reporting to Medical Board. In the meantime had to get relief from a walk in clinic ,, and yesterday I received a letter from Dr. Powell that he would no longer provide any medical services to me again.......as if I'd go back.

|  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Powell's since he started in Irving. He always takes time to listen. His staff is very professional. It is easy to get an appointment.

|  NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2011

Not at all happy for now

|  Repost for a caring doctor  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

Well, I dont get on these sites very often but I had to let people know that my comment in 2009 was very wrong. I was angry at my father having brain cancer and not at Dr. Powell. I feel horrible for what I said and since then have found out that there was no billing for after hours care, the doctor that sent him to the hospital did tell him to have someone drive him, and Dr Powell did speak to my mother through during the ordeal. I am VERY sorry for what I posted. In truth, it was Dr Powell's aggressive work up and caring attitude towards my mother and father that lead him to find the brain tumor. I wish his wait times were shorter in the waiting room but I understand that he is a very popular doctor and spends time with patients. That is worth the wait. I was a total jerk for my previous comments. As you can see his other ratings are excellent as well.

|  Excellent medical practice  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2011

It is hard to call and get an appointment, after latenight pain, when I got up and tried looking up for a doctor, I was almost ready to return to San Antonio, till I called Dr. Powell's office after calling four other practices. After that call to his office, it was a breeze. They put me in between other two of his appointments telling me I may have to wait. His bed side manners and his explaination of what was going with my body and medicine he wsa prescribing was the best any doctor has ever doen to me in over last 60 years.

|  He`s good and tries to be proactive  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`sBook on Feb 10th, 2010 on judysbook.com

Dr. Anderson has been my doctor for more than 10 years. As my medical problems have arisen, he`s always there to suggest a new treatment when or if something doesn`t work, and is willing to discuss things you`ve read from WebMD, etc. as ...

|  Dr Powell  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 14th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr Powell is a very good family doctor. He listens to problem and does a good job of explaining in simple terms what is wrong and the treat...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Poor attitude and complete lack of caring!!!!!  |  show details
by Mark DeRoncey on Oct 27th, 2009

Dr. Powell scheduled an in-office MRI for my 77 year old father. Dr. Powell left during the procedure. The physician that took over in his absence told my father that he had a huge brain tumor and that his entire head was full of blood and that he needed to get to the hospital immediately. He sent my father to DRIVE HIMSELF to the hospital and as of 4 weeks later has yet to follow up (even in the hospital)or return a phone call. He refuses to meet my father without a billable apointment. To top it off, he attempted to bill for after hours appointment because he left the office at 1:30 in the afternoon. We spoke to clinic administrator and asked for a call from Dr. Powell but he refuses to comply.

|  Really good care  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`sBook on Oct 7th, 2009 on judysbook.com

My family has been going to Dr. Anderson for over 10 yrs he was really great with the kids when they were younger... he`s a bit blunt but I like that because he puts it out there like it or not and he makes sure you understand... We will b...

|  Best Dr I've had so far  |  show details
by K Kennedy on Sep 23rd, 2009

Most doctor's treat you like they are in such a hurry and you are just a speed bump until their next appointment, well let me assure you, Dr. Powell is not like that. He is nice, takes his time and follows up.

|  Easy to get an appointment  |  show details
by Jana F. at Judy`sBook on Aug 21st, 2005 on judysbook.com

Dr. Anderson is part of Healthcare Associates of Irving, and shares an office with other doctors. He also has several assistants, so its always easy to get an appointment. If you need an appointment right away, you may not get to see Dr...