Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by D. Ealy on Dec 16th, 2015

My husband and I both use Dr. Powell as our family physician. I could not be more pleased! He genuinely cares for his patients and takes the time to explain issues and options. I highly recommend Dr. Powell. His staff is very courteous and personable.

Sep 23rd, 2015

Rarely spend time in explaining but keeps issuing orders for tests,which means keeping billings. Extremely difficult to reach the person you want ; really testing your patience Staff that I met were not efficient

by Elaine Rhoades on Sep 17th, 2015

Excellent doctor and staff. He treats his patients like family.

by MR. Martinez on May 15th, 2015

My husband saw him for the first time today, and we were both pleased with what we saw, and heard. He is very caring.

by Nancy Cogburn on Apr 27th, 2015

Excellent doctor. He always takes his time with us and makes our health concerns his primary goals. He's on top of our problems and goes the "extra mile" to solve our medical needs.

Great Doctor and Staff show details Great Doctor and Staff
Apr 23rd, 2015

I have been going to Dr Powells practice for several years. The last time I went was to get a referral for a wound on my ankle that wouldn't heal. Roz, his nurse sprung into action and immediately cut through the red tape to make it happen. The follow up exceeded my expectations. I would have no hesitation recommending Dr. Powell and his staff!!!!

Great experience !! show details Great experience !!
by Luis A P. on Mar 18th, 2015

Our experience ( my wife's and mine ) with Dr Powell as well as the results were great ! He gives you a clear explanation of posible solutions or alternatives for your problem or for what you are looking for , and he is clear on expected results ( your expectations ) His staff is very friendly , they make you feel like they have known you for ever .! My wife loves them !!!They follow up after the procedure in timely maner !! We have recomended him to our family and friends . I am ready for my next hair transplant and my wife for her next touch up !!!! Thank you Dr Charles Powell !

by C.L. on Mar 17th, 2015

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Powell for 5 years, yes at times we have waited for 30 min. or so to be pulled back but after getting to know Dr. Powell and understanding that the reason we wait is due to the amount of time he spends with his patients we don't mind at all. Every time we see him he makes us feel at ease, from common cold to dealing with my teenage sons ADHD. I would recommend Dr. Powell to anyone that is seeking a family practice physician.

Person show details Person
by Dan River on Feb 20th, 2015

Dr. Powell was not professional. He made rude comments to me and told me to expect the worse. I was in for a hair transplant and he insisted that I was going to be using a coverup for the rest of my life. My hair loss is not even that serious, but he kept being pessimistic. I had to contact another doctor because they just stopped returning my emails. I had 3 procedures done with Dr Powell and other doctors that saw me told me that I was ripped off. I paid for over 2000 grafts and the new doctor told me that I didn't even get 2000 single hairs. The other doctors I saw are optimistic and tell me that I can get the results I want in one procedure. Also, while having my 3 procedures done in his office, the doctor did not work on me. A tech/assistant did all the work. This doctor has a horrible bed side manner and does not care about what you want. He cares about the money.. That's it..

Pompous show details Pompous
Sep 15th, 2013

N.P. was very nice and overall face to face staff was nice. However the follow through of getting prescriptions sent over to my selected pharmacy (Kroger) took several calls, e-mails and threat of reporting to Medical Board. In the meantime had to get relief from a walk in clinic ,, and yesterday I received a letter from Dr. Powell that he would no longer provide any medical services to me again.......as if I'd go back.

Sep 17th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Powell's since he started in Irving. He always takes time to listen. His staff is very professional. It is easy to get an appointment.

NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!! show details NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!
Feb 12th, 2011

Not at all happy for now

Repost for a caring doctor show details Repost for a caring doctor
Feb 1st, 2011

Well, I dont get on these sites very often but I had to let people know that my comment in 2009 was very wrong. I was angry at my father having brain cancer and not at Dr. Powell. I feel horrible for what I said and since then have found out that there was no billing for after hours care, the doctor that sent him to the hospital did tell him to have someone drive him, and Dr Powell did speak to my mother through during the ordeal. I am VERY sorry for what I posted. In truth, it was Dr Powell's aggressive work up and caring attitude towards my mother and father that lead him to find the brain tumor. I wish his wait times were shorter in the waiting room but I understand that he is a very popular doctor and spends time with patients. That is worth the wait. I was a total jerk for my previous comments. As you can see his other ratings are excellent as well.

Excellent medical practice show details Excellent medical practice
Jan 15th, 2011

It is hard to call and get an appointment, after latenight pain, when I got up and tried looking up for a doctor, I was almost ready to return to San Antonio, till I called Dr. Powell's office after calling four other practices. After that call to his office, it was a breeze. They put me in between other two of his appointments telling me I may have to wait. His bed side manners and his explaination of what was going with my body and medicine he wsa prescribing was the best any doctor has ever doen to me in over last 60 years.

Poor attitude and complete lack of caring!!!!! show details Poor attitude and complete lack of caring!!!!!
by Mark DeRoncey on Oct 27th, 2009

Dr. Powell scheduled an in-office MRI for my 77 year old father. Dr. Powell left during the procedure. The physician that took over in his absence told my father that he had a huge brain tumor and that his entire head was full of blood and that he needed to get to the hospital immediately. He sent my father to DRIVE HIMSELF to the hospital and as of 4 weeks later has yet to follow up (even in the hospital)or return a phone call. He refuses to meet my father without a billable apointment. To top it off, he attempted to bill for after hours appointment because he left the office at 1:30 in the afternoon. We spoke to clinic administrator and asked for a call from Dr. Powell but he refuses to comply.

Best Dr I've had so far show details Best Dr I've had so far
by K Kennedy on Sep 23rd, 2009

Most doctor's treat you like they are in such a hurry and you are just a speed bump until their next appointment, well let me assure you, Dr. Powell is not like that. He is nice, takes his time and follows up.