Dr. Charles Lively MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Odessa, TX

3.4

August 16th, 2016
He IS a super Doctor!
I've been his patient since 1992, he's a great doctor!

July 13th, 2015
My appointment it was at 3pm and I got see. At 5:30, that's unprofessional enough as it is

June 24th, 2015
Dr. Lively's site says he will openly discuss things with you but he won't even discuss the problems you want to ask him about. I hated this experience (which had nothing to do with my actual annual apt) and will NOT go back nor recommend him to anyone!

March 27th, 2015
I had an absolutely horrible experience with Dr. Lively. I will never recommend him to anyone and I will write as many bad reviews as I can so I can save at least one person from going to him. He is very awkward, tries to shove his agenda down your throat, seems like he could care less about you, does not listen to what you are saying, and doesn't even read the chart with your information on it. He let his graduate student assistant do a procedure on me & she caused me excruciating pain! I was screaming and crying while she was doing it yet she did not budge. Dr. Lively was not in the room when she did it, he just left her unsupervised. After that was over, a nurse just told me to leave. Dr. Lively did not even ask me if I had any questions or took time to explain anything to me. My sister and I literally had to call him back in the room to ask him about my medication he prescribed me and to see why the procedure hurt so bad. He basically blew us off. Hours later he found out that she had made a mistake and called to "apologize" for the "rough experience" I had gone through. He said if I ever came back again that wouldn't happen. HA AS IF. Next time I see him will probably be in court.

March 3rd, 2014
Very displeased. I like a doctor that is interested in my well being and not look at me as a dollar bill!!!
Staff is very courteous and friendly. Physician is friendly enough, but it is very obvious the patients are nothing but a dollar sign to him. Both visits he was trying to sell something to me. Tried to get info on his diet program without coming in but could only get it by coming in. I understand why now. The diet plan cost $200 per week. YES, $200/WEEK. I have never felt so insulted by a professional in my life. He explains what they will do in the program which really is nothing and then rushes out of the room when quoting the price. Literally, speaking with his back facing me. The second I said I could not pay that he literally turned his back, kept talking and was very clear about being finished with me. Good Luck and I hope this review offers some helpful information for you.

October 10th, 2013
This is response to the previous review about Dr. Lively being rude, inconsiderate and never seeing his patients. I have been a patient of Dr. Lively's since 2007 and in all these years have never had an appointment where I did not actually see him or where he was not the one who treated me. How can you not be seen by the doctor if you are pregnant and are going in for your check up, that just makes no sense??? At times i have had to wait awhile but only because he had to go deliver a child at the hospital across the street, not all labors are perfectly timed! I suffer from pcos and have difficulties conceiving and he was the first doctor I saw that actually took the time to visit research and diagnose me, and Dr. Lively is the one who was able to assist medically so we could achieve a healthy pregnancy. Not only is he my obgyn but he is also my primary physician and if there has ever been something he has not been able to treat he has always refferd me to great specialist and has always followed up to make sure I was taken care of. He is the only doctor that I have ever had that really listens and returns calls from patients at all hours of the night or on weekends promptly, even without any reason other then requesting to the answering service that he call me back. I have nothing negative to say about Dr. Lively and have referred several of my friends and family to him.

May 31st, 2012
I found Dr Lively very professional. I went to him for a second opinion on a surgery and opted for him to do my procedure. I would recommend him to any of my family or friends

October 14th, 2011
awful experience
very pretty office, but you have to wait in there at least an hour before they get you back!! he is very rude!! makes rude remarks and he is very inconsiderate! my whole pregnancy i didnt see him!! only until my last trimester. but i know why now, he is so rude so they wait to let you see him until its to late in your pregnancy to switch. im typing with one hand right now because im holding my newborn baby, so he did deliver him safely. which im very thankful BUT i dreaded going to the doctor because i was afraid of all his rude remarks!! i have met two other people that have gone to him and both said he was very rude to them. he doesnt listen to your concerns nor does he seem like he cares. I DO NOT suggest going to him. he is in and out of the room within two minutes he doesnt take the time to see if you have any concerns. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!