Dr. Charles Luetje MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 27th, 2015
Hero
Wonderful doctor and person - our hero!!

May 31st, 2013
Thankful
Dr. Luetje is a wonderful physician! He successfully removed my acoustic neuroma in 1998 and I did not experience any post-operative side effects or complications. He was very caring and spent a great deal of time visiting with my mother and I at my initial appointment... he was never rushed visiting me in the hospital and provided excellent follow-up care. He is now retired and I am sad that an excellent physician and surgeon with amazing credentials and experience is no longer practicing. However, I am so happy for him and wish him the very best. He has earned a wonderful, happy retirement for all he has done for so so many! I would recommend any other physician in this practice as Dr. Luetje would only associate with other excellent providers!

July 16th, 2011
Fantastic !
I have been a patient of Dr. Luetje's for the past several years. He has done an EXCELLENT job of taking care of my hearing loss and has given me back most of my hearing. But all good things must come to an end...and he has retired and I know he certainly earned it. I really miss seeing him when I go in for check ups. He was and still is very dear to me, what he did for my hearing loss and all the complications I had was amazing. I only wish I had found him sooner, life is good when you can hear better!

July 15th, 2011
Worth the Wait
I first saw Dr. Luetje in 1992 after being diagnosed with Meniere's Disease. The vertigo attacks were so severe that I was unable to drive or perform my job so I was put on short-term disability. It took about one month to get in to see Dr. Luetje but it was worth the wait. He informed my wife and I about the surgical options available and gave us a recommendation. After a few days, we contacted Dr. Luetje and told him that we wanted to consider a different option other than the one he recommended. We explained that the less destructive procedure would preserve my hearing (since I was in my 30s) and if I still had symptoms, he could always go back and cut the hearing nerve. Dr. Luetje was very happy that we had participated to this extent and said he felt we had made the right choice. He stressed that this is why it's so important for physician's and patients to work together. The end result of the surgery was nothing less than fabulous! I recovered fully, got back to work, and have never had another vertigo attack. Waiting one month for my initial appointment was difficult because I was so sick and miserable - but it was well worth the wait.

September 22nd, 2009
Dr. Luetje saved my life
In 1993, I had vestibular nerve surgery, which Dr. Luetje performed. What he did was a miracle. I went to many doctors before him, because I was having extreme vertigo (sometimes lasting 4 or 5 hrs) I could not lead a normal life. None of the doctors in my area could figure out what was wrong with me,I spent a yr. and a half seeing doctors, one even told me my vertigo was my imagination and I should see a therapist for it. Anyway, after many doctors and tests later, I was finally referred to Dr. Luetje, the first visit he diagnosed me with meniere's disease, but I had lost most of my hearing in my left ear and he suggested surgery for the severe vertigo. HE SAVED MY LIFE. The surgery was a great success and I have my life back. He told me to only come back to him if I had problems, I'm doing fine so haven't seen him in yrs. I just wanted to Thank him and I never really that in writing. I wanted to tell him and the world what a wonderful doctor he truly is. I don't know if he will ever see this comment but I hope if anyone out there reads this know he is the best doctor you could ever have. Go to him with confidence. Thank you.

July 10th, 2017