Dr. Charles Luther MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Cleveland, OH

2.3

March 17th, 2016
Well, his background in forensic psychiatry really bleeds through, and as an earlier reviewer mentioned, he lacks anything approximating compassion or empathy. I would go as far as to venture that he is likely a sociopath. In terms of "clinical care" he provides nothing of the sort and just dispenses drugs. He takes a grossly reductionist perspective, and has the "drug 'em up" approach. He cannot really be called a doctor, and has little regard for the patient as individual requesting his care. Many, if not most, of his observations are largely, if not entirely, off-base, and he seems to have little regard for the patient's input. My main suggestion is to avoid him, and quite possibly, psychiatry in general.

April 5th, 2014
NIGHTMARE!!
Because of this man I have no more trust in psychiatrists. Dr. Luther, or as I call him Lucifer has no concern for the wellbeing of his patients. He is aggressive, deceitful and lacks good judgment. He discharged me from the hospital knowing I was suicidal and I almost died. He discharges patients knowing they aren't well. Luther has ruined my life and I know for a fact that he has done the same to many other patients in his care. This man is an shame to psychiatrists. Luther thinks he knows everything and is wrong most of the time. He manipulates his patients into taking medications by telling them the meds they're taking are bad. He has NO compassion whatsoever. In fact, I researched him and he's a forensic psychiatrist and now I understand why whenever I spoke with him it was as if I were speaking to a statue. He treats each and EVERY single of his patients as if they were criminals. I spent over a month in the hospital and not one of his patients liked him. Every single of his patients was very dissatisfied with his care. I don't know how they've made him the director of the inpatient psychiatric unit at Lenox Hill Hospital. I've been a psychiatric patient at Lenox Hill for 15 years and have been hospitalized many times, however since Luther became in charge, their psychiatric ward has worsened. I would say that about 10-20% of their patients return within 3 months. He does not know what the word empathy means. He is only in it for the money as you can observe by how he communicates with his patients and their families. He treats you like a criminal rather than a human being.