Dr. Charles Maitland Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Maitland?

November 15th, 2016

no time for the patient

August 15th, 2016

Dislike

Poor staff at the front desk...very rude! Has not patience for the patients! Treats them rudely!

March 14th, 2016

Good Doctor, Nice Man

I really hate to say it but I'm not sure why my husband has been seeing Dr. Maitland because my husband has a VP shunt in his head and his eyes had to be checked regularly to make sure his spinal fluid pressure was under control. Something about the veins in the back of the eyes. However, now due to a neurological problem causing a strange visual field problem my husband's vision is too impaired to look at a computer screen for very long so I fill anything like this out for him.

November 15th, 2015

Inattentive to Patients in Waiting Roon

My 82 year old mother, who is experiencing memory loss and a B12 deficiency, but has not been diagnosed with anything, drove herself to her appointment. Her goal for the visit was to confirm her referral to a neurologist out of town. She signed in and waited there for two hours without being addressed. When she got their attention to say she was leaving, they assisted her. I hope that we (her children) can convince her to never return. We still do not understand why she could not be referred to another neurologist in Tallahassee, rather than out of town.

April 22nd, 2015

Dr. Maitland M.D. Nuro is a TOP DOCTOR! with his knowledge & experience. I give him a 10 but the chart ends at 5 STARS!

October 8th, 2014

Referral from another Doctor

I was referred to Dr. Maitland because of his Neuro-Ophthalmology experience. There was a thickening in both my eyes that caused some concern. I have read these reviews and while I don’t usually do this, I felt my experience was so different that I needed to write this review. Our appointment was set up in a timely manner and when we arrived our wait wasn’t long – maybe 10-15mins. Our check out was done in a professional manner. We were told by Dr. Maitland to get a copy of his report so we would have it for any additional (eye) doctor visits. The report will verify the thickening in my eyes were probably there from birth, but Dr. Maitland found it interesting and included most of his medical staff to view this condition. If I have any concerns it would be the length of time it is taken to get the report – I called to check on the progress today and was treated with professional care. The receptionist even offered to call when the report was completed. So, all in all this was a great experience and my diagnoses was great ..

September 5th, 2013

Bad receptionist

Feeling very ill this morn, was released from Hospital last week so I was referred to Dr. Maitland and upon calling his office to schedule an appointment I was very, very, very disappointed with his receptionist, her tone and she also hung up on me. My speech is a little slurred from what's going on with me so maybe she couldn't understand me and didn't have patience to try to. I felt it was so unprofessional and rude on her behalf.

December 13th, 2010

Daryl Dempsey

I have several nurse/friends at TMH. They all tell me, he is the best. If I ever needed brain surgery I would travel to come to him. He is a brilliant doctor and that's what you need for a "brain doctor". He has also taken excellent care of a few associates of mine, all with major medical problems. He took great care of me for many years now!

October 18th, 2010

patient

Dr. Maitland was very rude and said he could not do anything for me. He never examined my ear or checked to see if it was better. I was very dizzy the day I went to see him and my daughter could not believe how rude he was. He needs to have better manners when dealing with his patients.

October 23rd, 2009

Excellent Neuroopto

My Wife has been a paitent of Dr. Maitland for years and has been very satisfied with him. She is a difficult case yet Dr. Maitland follows her and listens intently. He is very competent and experienced. I would recommend Dr. Maitland without hesitation.

May 18th, 2009