LASIK Specialist

23161 Moulton Pkwy
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
949-951-4641
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Think Twice  |  show details
by Linda Pimental on Feb 7th, 2014

Never take your vision for granted. I have worn glasses for years, to correct a stigmatism, near sightedness, and a prism. In addition, I have had chronic dry eyes for 7 years which prevented me from being able to wear contact lenses, beside the fact that contacts will not correct a prism. I was told by Dr. Nguyen, who did my pre-op, that I qualified for LASIK. Naturally, I was thrilled, and believed him because he is an optometrist, after all, right? Part of the procedure was traumatizing to begin with, the part where the suction cup was placed into my eye socket so they could cut the flap. It took about 10 tries for Dr. Manger to get it into my right eye socket and about 6 tries for my left, because apparently I have extra small eyes and sockets. Dr. Manger is very robotic and lacks any real emotion or sensitivity, almost like his daily conversation is scripted. His time spent with patients is brief, and he is void of empathy. It feels like Dr. Manger and his office put their patients on an assembly line, and their only interest is in selling their product. My vision is still not corrected fully, I see about 20/50 and I still need to wear a prism in my glasses. Additionally, the recovery has been excruciating with my dry eyes. I have been told that my eyes are still adjusting, and that if in 4 more months things aren't better, I should come back in for a touch up. Regardless, there is no way that LASIK surgery can correct my prism issue so I feel like I just got ripped off. $5000 doesn't grow on trees, unless you are Dr. Manger. I'm terrified, and don't know how I will proceed when that time comes. I am told that I would not have to endure the painful suction device again, but the recovery with my terribly dry eyes will have to start all over again. I'll repost at the end of the year, hoping that things will shape up, but for now, this is how I feel. A Google User

|  3 months post surgery  |  show details
by on Mar 8th, 2013

Had both eyes done 3 months ago. Eye for reading happy with. Eye that i has surgery to see further much worse than before surgery. I am told to be patient that it should improve. I regret having surgery to improve seeing further because it wasn't that bad to begin with and now it is much worse. I did mot need driving glasses now I do.

|  Surgery in 2007  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2012

I had my vision corrected 5 years ago, was (easily) able to schedule a follow-up around 1 year and 9 months in (to keep in line with the 2-year guarantee) and am still enjoying 20/15 vision.

Apr 16th, 2012

Saw dr manger who performed mono vision correction surgery on same day as consult without ever trying it out before hand. One year later I'm using same reading classe (all the timeI) did when had the surgery. Now office doesn't allow me to see dr manger himself. Does this seem like a professional surgeon to you or a professional salesman?

Mar 20th, 2012

I have read some reviews on Saddleback Eye Center. I notice a few people described the staff as patronizing. This was not my experience. They were professional, and took the time to explain my complex case. They did not seem to be bothered by my need to be extremely clear about my outcome results. I only had to have one eye done, and they were honest about that. I could have done my other eye, but in a few years my reading vision would fade if I opted to have both eyes done. Yes, it felt like a well-oiled machine, and there are definitely sales tactics in place to get you to make a quick decision, so that they do not have to repeat the eye tests. Perhaps they could lower the amount of people you have to see during the visit, and cancel out the "counseling" part of it. This way, I would have felt less "handled". Everyone there is knowledgeable and enthusiastic enough to sell the product themselves. I am in sales, so I am immune to some of the sales techniques, and I am not bothered by sales people, but this counseling session felt a bit like I was being sent to a manager at a car dealership. Other than that, the doctors were all friendly, and I felt like I was in good hands. It is the first day after the procedure, so I am still a little blurry, but I can already see a difference. Oh yeah, make sure you leave plenty of time - you will be there a while. There is quite a bit that has to be done, and you do go from room to room, test to test, person to person.

|  October 2011  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

I had Lasik with Dr. Manger back in October of 2011 and I could not be happier! I'm sorry other people seemed to have bad experiences but I do not really see where they're coming from. The staff was so nice to me and Dr. Manger was very professional. Their prices were similar to another doctor I went to but I liked this office better.

|  Assembly line horror  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2011

My lasik experience with dr manger was a nightmare. My eyes were not properly numbed and i felt everything. It was excruciating and i was treated as if i was a massive hypochondriac. The staff was rude and unprofessional - the entire practice was like a giant, soulless assembly line. Disgusting. Tons of procedures every single day, zero care or personal interaction. I thoroughly regret going to dr manger, especially since the treatment did not last. After 2 years my vision started to fade but by then it was too late to get tough ups, not that i would have trusted him to touch me again.

|  EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

I had my lasik performed over 5 years ago. I think Dr. Manger, himself, saw me for a total of 5 minutes during the initial consult/examination.From the first day I had issues with my vision and every time I called to try and get in to see the dr. I was told to "give it time, it will improve". Some of the initial symptoms did eventually improve, but along with the symptoms going away, so did the corrected vision go away over time. I've called many times trying to get back in for a re-evaluation and was told to go to see another dr and if the dr recommended that I needed another procedure done, they would make an appt for me to see Dr. Manger.Every day my vision seems to get worse - i guess I am going to have to start wearing glasses again. THANKS, DR. MANGER and I hope you are enjoying the $5,000.00 DONATION I seem to have made towards your retirement!

|  Stay away  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2011

Like others say: This is a lasik mill. Please get multiple opinions from eye doctors who do not do lasik. Far-sighted folks with a corection more then 1 be very aware. manger butchered my eyesight that two and half years and multiple doctors, I am finally getting to see from a botched surgery.Get a second or a third opinion before you see this mugger!

|  Do not go to this doctor unless u jus want to waste your $  |  show details
by Formed pt don't want u to be ripped off. on Sep 19th, 2010

He is not honest when it comes to certain procedures.(like snake oil) He is more interested in the money than the correct procedure for the correct patient. His staff act like his puppets and are secretive and dishonest also. I would not recommed this lasik doctor because they he runs a mill and makes the patient feel dunked.

May 6th, 2010

Manger did Lasik on me in 2005. He attempted another surgery to repair a botched job but make it worse. He wrote me off and has been no help getting back my eye sight.

|  Satisfied!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 16th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I had my Lasik surgery done my Dr. Manger over five years ago. Up to that point I was legally blind. Immediately after my Lasik procedure, m...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Not so happy I went here  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jul 21st, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I had my lasix done here and my eyes still bother me. Not that that alone is my reason for the no recommend. When I had my lasix done there ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com