Dr. Charles Manger III MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 5th, 2017
Dr. Manger- The LASIK Specialist
I put in extensive hours of researching LASIK surgeons before I decided to have LASIK by Dr. Manger. What it came down to for me was that there are no other LASIK surgeons in Southern California with as much advanced technology, attention to detail, and as much experience as Dr. Manger. I'm very happy with my decision to have Dr. Manger perform my LASIK procedure. It was quick and there was no pain. I'm extremely satisfied with my visual results.

September 12th, 2016
PRK
It has been 3 months since Dr. Manger preformed PRK surgery on my eye. It was explained that the healing process is slower than the Lasik. Today I went to a follow up appointment. I knew my sight was not improved by the procedure. It has limited my life a bit. I am now in need of new eye glasses to be able to see along with a new prescription eye drop. I have spent $462.00 on a new set of glasses. The eye drops will cost me and additional $100.00. Do I recommend this procedure? NO! It is not effective and has put me right back where I was when I went in and am now paying out several hundreds of more dollars. Dr. Manger did not offer any assistance accept a discount on new lenses. I am very dissatisfied.

September 7th, 2016
Best
Dr. Manger and his staff were extremely welcoming and I felt so comfortable and knew that I could trust Dr. Manger with my eyes. I am seeing 20/20 and this is the best decision i've made!

May 17th, 2016
Dr.Manger is 5 Star

June 8th, 2015
Great Experience
So happy!

April 8th, 2015
Experienced Staff and State-of-the-Art Technology.
I visited the Saddleback Eye Center and received the LASIK eye surgery procedure from Dr. Charles Manger in the Spring of 2009. Dr. Manger and his staff were VERY knowledgeable, kind, and well-organized. It was also very clear that every person on his staff knew exactly what their specialized roles were, which made me feel very comfortable. During my procedure I interacted with about 7 different people at Saddleback Eye Center, and literally none of them were "rookies". A few of them were young, but even they were experienced experts at their specific responsibilities. (I was watching closely , just to be sure.) I was also pleased with the amount of investment in technology that Dr. Manger has made in the equipment in his office. He has taken the time and expense to constantly upgrade his equipment in all areas, so he has the very best procedures available to serve you. I had previously worn glasses and contact lenses for 26 years, and my naked vision was a dismal 20/140 in both eyes. Dr. Manger got me to 20/20 in one eye, and 20/40 in the other eye. He wasn't quite able to correct me to perfect vision, but I can say that after nearly 6 years, my vision has remained steady and not decayed one bit, and I feel MORE FREE than I have ever felt since childhood. No headaches, no problems with night vision, and COMPLETE FREEDOM in ways that I didn't think were possible. In summary, I am very pleased with my decision to trust Dr. Manger and his staff with my visual health care. They are people you can TRUST. I consider every penny to be money well-spent, and I would highly recommend Saddleback Eye Center to anyone considering laser correction for their vision. You owe it to yourself to deal with the very best, and Saddleback Eye Center will deliver this for you.

February 7th, 2014
Think Twice
Never take your vision for granted. I have worn glasses for years, to correct a stigmatism, near sightedness, and a prism. In addition, I have had chronic dry eyes for 7 years which prevented me from being able to wear contact lenses, beside the fact that contacts will not correct a prism. I was told by Dr. Nguyen, who did my pre-op, that I qualified for LASIK. Naturally, I was thrilled, and believed him because he is an optometrist, after all, right? Part of the procedure was traumatizing to begin with, the part where the suction cup was placed into my eye socket so they could cut the flap. It took about 10 tries for Dr. Manger to get it into my right eye socket and about 6 tries for my left, because apparently I have extra small eyes and sockets. Dr. Manger is very robotic and lacks any real emotion or sensitivity, almost like his daily conversation is scripted. His time spent with patients is brief, and he is void of empathy. It feels like Dr. Manger and his office put their patients on an assembly line, and their only interest is in selling their product. My vision is still not corrected fully, I see about 20/50 and I still need to wear a prism in my glasses. Additionally, the recovery has been excruciating with my dry eyes. I have been told that my eyes are still adjusting, and that if in 4 more months things aren't better, I should come back in for a touch up. Regardless, there is no way that LASIK surgery can correct my prism issue so I feel like I just got ripped off. $5000 doesn't grow on trees, unless you are Dr. Manger. I'm terrified, and don't know how I will proceed when that time comes. I am told that I would not have to endure the painful suction device again, but the recovery with my terribly dry eyes will have to start all over again. I'll repost at the end of the year, hoping that things will shape up, but for now, this is how I feel. A Google User

March 8th, 2013
3 months post surgery
Had both eyes done 3 months ago. Eye for reading happy with. Eye that i has surgery to see further much worse than before surgery. I am told to be patient that it should improve. I regret having surgery to improve seeing further because it wasn't that bad to begin with and now it is much worse. I did mot need driving glasses now I do.

October 5th, 2012
Surgery in 2007
I had my vision corrected 5 years ago, was (easily) able to schedule a follow-up around 1 year and 9 months in (to keep in line with the 2-year guarantee) and am still enjoying 20/15 vision.

April 16th, 2012
Saw dr manger who performed mono vision correction surgery on same day as consult without ever trying it out before hand. One year later I'm using same reading classe (all the timeI) did when had the surgery. Now office doesn't allow me to see dr manger himself. Does this seem like a professional surgeon to you or a professional salesman?

March 20th, 2012
I have read some reviews on Saddleback Eye Center. I notice a few people described the staff as patronizing. This was not my experience. They were professional, and took the time to explain my complex case. They did not seem to be bothered by my need to be extremely clear about my outcome results. I only had to have one eye done, and they were honest about that. I could have done my other eye, but in a few years my reading vision would fade if I opted to have both eyes done. Yes, it felt like a well-oiled machine, and there are definitely sales tactics in place to get you to make a quick decision, so that they do not have to repeat the eye tests. Perhaps they could lower the amount of people you have to see during the visit, and cancel out the "counseling" part of it. This way, I would have felt less "handled". Everyone there is knowledgeable and enthusiastic enough to sell the product themselves. I am in sales, so I am immune to some of the sales techniques, and I am not bothered by sales people, but this counseling session felt a bit like I was being sent to a manager at a car dealership. Other than that, the doctors were all friendly, and I felt like I was in good hands. It is the first day after the procedure, so I am still a little blurry, but I can already see a difference. Oh yeah, make sure you leave plenty of time - you will be there a while. There is quite a bit that has to be done, and you do go from room to room, test to test, person to person.

July 10th, 2011
Assembly line horror
My lasik experience with dr manger was a nightmare. My eyes were not properly numbed and i felt everything. It was excruciating and i was treated as if i was a massive hypochondriac. The staff was rude and unprofessional - the entire practice was like a giant, soulless assembly line. Disgusting. Tons of procedures every single day, zero care or personal interaction. I thoroughly regret going to dr manger, especially since the treatment did not last. After 2 years my vision started to fade but by then it was too late to get tough ups, not that i would have trusted him to touch me again.