Experienced Staff and State-of-the-Art Technology. show details Experienced Staff and State-of-the-Art Technology.
Apr 8th, 2015

I visited the Saddleback Eye Center and received the LASIK eye surgery procedure from Dr. Charles Manger in the Spring of 2009. Dr. Manger and his staff were VERY knowledgeable, kind, and well-organized. It was also very clear that every person on his staff knew exactly what their specialized roles were, which made me feel very comfortable. During my procedure I interacted with about 7 different people at Saddleback Eye Center, and literally none of them were "rookies". A few of them were young, but even they were experienced experts at their specific responsibilities. (I was watching closely , just to be sure.) I was also pleased with the amount of investment in technology that Dr. Manger has made in the equipment in his office. He has taken the time and expense to constantly upgrade his equipment in all areas, so he has the very best procedures available to serve you. I had previously worn glasses and contact lenses for 26 years, and my naked vision was a dismal 20/140 in both eyes. Dr. Manger got me to 20/20 in one eye, and 20/40 in the other eye. He wasn't quite able to correct me to perfect vision, but I can say that after nearly 6 years, my vision has remained steady and not decayed one bit, and I feel MORE FREE than I have ever felt since childhood. No headaches, no problems with night vision, and COMPLETE FREEDOM in ways that I didn't think were possible. In summary, I am very pleased with my decision to trust Dr. Manger and his staff with my visual health care. They are people you can TRUST. I consider every penny to be money well-spent, and I would highly recommend Saddleback Eye Center to anyone considering laser correction for their vision. You owe it to yourself to deal with the very best, and Saddleback Eye Center will deliver this for you.

Think Twice show details Think Twice
by Linda Pimental on Feb 7th, 2014

Never take your vision for granted. I have worn glasses for years, to correct a stigmatism, near sightedness, and a prism. In addition, I have had chronic dry eyes for 7 years which prevented me from being able to wear contact lenses, beside the fact that contacts will not correct a prism. I was told by Dr. Nguyen, who did my pre-op, that I qualified for LASIK. Naturally, I was thrilled, and believed him because he is an optometrist, after all, right? Part of the procedure was traumatizing to begin with, the part where the suction cup was placed into my eye socket so they could cut the flap. It took about 10 tries for Dr. Manger to get it into my right eye socket and about 6 tries for my left, because apparently I have extra small eyes and sockets. Dr. Manger is very robotic and lacks any real emotion or sensitivity, almost like his daily conversation is scripted. His time spent with patients is brief, and he is void of empathy. It feels like Dr. Manger and his office put their patients on an assembly line, and their only interest is in selling their product. My vision is still not corrected fully, I see about 20/50 and I still need to wear a prism in my glasses. Additionally, the recovery has been excruciating with my dry eyes. I have been told that my eyes are still adjusting, and that if in 4 more months things aren't better, I should come back in for a touch up. Regardless, there is no way that LASIK surgery can correct my prism issue so I feel like I just got ripped off. $5000 doesn't grow on trees, unless you are Dr. Manger. I'm terrified, and don't know how I will proceed when that time comes. I am told that I would not have to endure the painful suction device again, but the recovery with my terribly dry eyes will have to start all over again. I'll repost at the end of the year, hoping that things will shape up, but for now, this is how I feel. A Google User

3 months post surgery show details 3 months post surgery
by on Mar 8th, 2013

Had both eyes done 3 months ago. Eye for reading happy with. Eye that i has surgery to see further much worse than before surgery. I am told to be patient that it should improve. I regret having surgery to improve seeing further because it wasn't that bad to begin with and now it is much worse. I did mot need driving glasses now I do.

Surgery in 2007 show details Surgery in 2007
Oct 4th, 2012

I had my vision corrected 5 years ago, was (easily) able to schedule a follow-up around 1 year and 9 months in (to keep in line with the 2-year guarantee) and am still enjoying 20/15 vision.

Apr 16th, 2012

Saw dr manger who performed mono vision correction surgery on same day as consult without ever trying it out before hand. One year later I'm using same reading classe (all the timeI) did when had the surgery. Now office doesn't allow me to see dr manger himself. Does this seem like a professional surgeon to you or a professional salesman?

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Mar 20th, 2012

I have read some reviews on Saddleback Eye Center. I notice a few people described the staff as patronizing. This was not my experience. They were professional, and took the time to explain my complex case. They did not seem to be bothered by my need to be extremely clear about my outcome results. I only had to have one eye done, and they were honest about that. I could have done my other eye, but in a few years my reading vision would fade if I opted to have both eyes done. Yes, it felt like a well-oiled machine, and there are definitely sales tactics in place to get you to make a quick decision, so that they do not have to repeat the eye tests. Perhaps they could lower the amount of people you have to see during the visit, and cancel out the "counseling" part of it. This way, I would have felt less "handled". Everyone there is knowledgeable and enthusiastic enough to sell the product themselves. I am in sales, so I am immune to some of the sales techniques, and I am not bothered by sales people, but this counseling session felt a bit like I was being sent to a manager at a car dealership. Other than that, the doctors were all friendly, and I felt like I was in good hands. It is the first day after the procedure, so I am still a little blurry, but I can already see a difference. Oh yeah, make sure you leave plenty of time - you will be there a while. There is quite a bit that has to be done, and you do go from room to room, test to test, person to person.

October 2011 show details October 2011
Feb 2nd, 2012

I had Lasik with Dr. Manger back in October of 2011 and I could not be happier! I'm sorry other people seemed to have bad experiences but I do not really see where they're coming from. The staff was so nice to me and Dr. Manger was very professional. Their prices were similar to another doctor I went to but I liked this office better.

Assembly line horror show details Assembly line horror
Jul 10th, 2011

My lasik experience with dr manger was a nightmare. My eyes were not properly numbed and i felt everything. It was excruciating and i was treated as if i was a massive hypochondriac. The staff was rude and unprofessional - the entire practice was like a giant, soulless assembly line. Disgusting. Tons of procedures every single day, zero care or personal interaction. I thoroughly regret going to dr manger, especially since the treatment did not last. After 2 years my vision started to fade but by then it was too late to get tough ups, not that i would have trusted him to touch me again.

Stay away show details Stay away
Apr 26th, 2011

Like others say: This is a lasik mill. Please get multiple opinions from eye doctors who do not do lasik. Far-sighted folks with a corection more then 1 be very aware. manger butchered my eyesight that two and half years and multiple doctors, I am finally getting to see from a botched surgery.Get a second or a third opinion before you see this mugger!

Do not go to this doctor unless u jus want to waste your $ show details Do not go to this doctor unless u jus want to waste your $
by Formed pt don't want u to be ripped off. on Sep 19th, 2010

He is not honest when it comes to certain procedures.(like snake oil) He is more interested in the money than the correct procedure for the correct patient. His staff act like his puppets and are secretive and dishonest also. I would not recommed this lasik doctor because they he runs a mill and makes the patient feel dunked.

May 6th, 2010

Manger did Lasik on me in 2005. He attempted another surgery to repair a botched job but make it worse. He wrote me off and has been no help getting back my eye sight.

Satisfied! show details Satisfied!
by Citysearch User on Dec 16th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I had my Lasik surgery done my Dr. Manger over five years ago. Up to that point I was legally blind. Immediately after my Lasik procedure, m...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Not so happy I went here show details Not so happy I went here
by Citysearch User on Jul 21st, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I had my lasix done here and my eyes still bother me. Not that that alone is my reason for the no recommend. When I had my lasix done there ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com