Ophthalmologist (eyes)
1314 E Sonterra Blvd
Ste 5201
San Antonio, TX 78258
210-340-6633
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by Yahoo. DrScore.
 |  Never got a chance to meet doctor  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

I am a physician in San Antonio and I have 3 children. My pediatrician recommended Dr McCash, but when I called to make appointments I was told "only 2 family members can be seen on the same day". I explained that I was a physician and that would require me taking two separate times away from my office and was told "it is office policy, no exceptions". Our pediatrician even called to see if they would allow us all to come together and were told "No". So rather than get 3 new patients and a new referral base, they are getting none from me. From other comments, it looks like Dr McCash is nice but his office staff and ease of appointments is always his lowest ratings - maybe they need to reconsider their "policies and procedures" on appointments.

Aug 14th, 2012

i have been taking my daughter to Dr McCash since birth (she is at high risk of developing eye issues due to brain malformation) I have liked him very much. I felt his bedside manner was great, but the wait time is truely ridiculous. I have endured it for the past few years b/c I felt he was worth it until recently. My daughter started developing strabismus. I have taken her in twice regarding this and each time he tells me to wait and see if it gets any worse. After doing some research on my own I have learned that is the worse thing I can do! I am very bothered by this whole thing, considering we are talking about my childs eyes!

by DT on Feb 17th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Dr McCash is Great! He is in such high demand that you sometimes have to wait a little longer than your appointment time, but that is because he is THAT GOOD! I would much rather wait a little while and know my child is seeing the best than not have to wait because the doctor simply isn't that good. Dr. McCash is good with the kids but will still be stern at times. He never gets upset with them and takes it all in stride - though sometimes he will make them think he is upset if the child is being naughty (you can see the twinkle in his eye as he does it). I have had the BEST experience with him in being able to contact him for post-op questions - even once when he was in the middle of a march-a-thon for Martin Luther King Day with his family! I wish more doctors were so accessible for their patients - even if the parents are just overly worried. The office can sometimes get frazzled with the chaos of the all the kids....yet they are still so nice. The thing I love about Dr. McCash is his outspoken honesty. If you don't want to hear the answer.....Don't ask the question- or even bring it up! If he honestly feels a treatment plan or procedure is stearing you in the wrong direction (whether or not it is in his specialty field - Remember he was a general doctor first and then chose his specialty), he will voice his opinion. You normally will not get those wishy-washy answers that are politically correct, but I have never known him to be unprofessional about his views or opinions either. Simply put, Dr. McCash is a FANTASTIC physician! I would reccomend him to anyone.

by Rod B on Feb 16th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Dr McCash and his staff are very professional. We have spent the last two years going to him, and I can say that after going through the trauma of eye problems my entire life, he has been so kind to my son, always given me the truth, always been forthright with expectations for treatment, . I have had to wait, just like everyone else, but I have been the dad that has had just one more question and made your appointment later because he ALWAYS takes the time to tell me what I need to know. SO yes I waited over an hour once to see him. I am assuming that he was taking the same time with other parents to reassure them of diagnosis and treatment. I have spoken to many other Doctors who would send a child (their own included). I am very impressed and will continue to use him. He has helped my son keep his eyesight and has helped him improve it with solid scientific research and treatments.

by Eva on Jan 22nd, 2009 on yahoo.com

First of all the entire appointment took 4 hours due mainly to waiting because of overbooking. The new office is nice and accomodating, but the wait time was ridiculous, rude and unprofessional. The staff was very nice which was the only tolerable part of the visit. Dr McCash was very much in a rush and just rambled on too much for my liking. His excuse was that it helped my son to listen to him and not pay attention to what he was doing to him during the exam. Ok, I cut him some slack on that one. He was also very negatively opinionated in regards to my son's ASD biomedical treatment, which was not welcomed since he obviously does not specialize in that particular field nor did he know that my son has had extremely positive results from those treatments. This is damaging and discouraging to those families that are planning on having that kind of treatment for their child in the spectrum. I found Dr. McCash to be out of line and uninformed to make those kinds of judgements. I just found the whole experience very draining and downright rude. Dr. McCash maybe a good eye doctor but I found my experience with him to be the first and last time.

|  Worth the wait, but WAIT you will  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2008

Excellent physician, however, even on an appointment scheduled three months in advance, we waited for a full hour after our appointment time before being seen by a nurse for dilation, then another 45 minutes to see the doctor. Office staff could care less...I understand that good doctors are in demand, but at some point you have to respect the patient's time. A little scheduling discipline would go a long way; not to mention customer service training for the staff, INCLUDING the nurses.

by Pastor Mike on Nov 20th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. McCash is the best!!! Then again so is his whole staff he employs. My son has had 3 surgery's on his eyes over the last several years. The first time was a little nerve racking but after meeting the complete surigical team on the day of surgery and with Dr. McCash's easy going and yet very professional demeaner it was smooth sailing. I would highly recommend Dr. McCash and the staff at Children's Eye Center as they really are one of the best at what they do...

Apr 18th, 2006 on yahoo.com

I was so nervous about my daughter's eye surgery..: I was so nervous about my daughter's eye surgery that I procrastinated for a year. When I went back, Dr Cash talked to me and made me feel better. I was really nervous about the anesthesia for a child. H

Apr 11th, 2006 on yahoo.com

excellent and caring fun physicain and staff: my daughter had seen another opthamalogy grp and we were told that she had a problem with an optic nerve and would need surgery and was given a very high powered rx for glasses with by the way were not free. a

Apr 11th, 2006 on yahoo.com

WE LOVE DR. MCCASH: My child loved Dr. McCash. He is very child friendly and the staff was wonderful. Thank you Children's Eye Center for taking care of my child.