inactive

Charles McGurk MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

April 16th, 2013
I stayed at the BSU in Sayre because of complications from mood disorder medications prescribed by my family doctor for IBS. As it turned out my family doctor was not knowledgeable enough about what she was prescribing. I went from Zoloft to Xanax in four days and ended up crashing into a terrible depression combined with 7 days of insomnia and panic attacks. When I admitted myself to the BSU, I was hopeless and desperate. Dr. Mcgurk and the counselor Jeremiah made me realize that I could be myself again and that properly monitored medication along with therapy could get me on the right track. I am now on a very low anxiety pill and sleeping every night. I haven't had a panic attack in over a week and I am so happy with my life. I have a ways to go but I am hopeful and thankful for them.

April 19th, 2009
Although this doctor was there for me in many ways, he wasn't able to help me set enough limits with people.