Dr. Charles Metzger Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Metzger?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Charles Metzger?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 27th, 2016

Horrible staff and bad bedside manner.

September 5th, 2015

Appreciated His Truth and Good Questions

Several years go I went to Dr. Metzger about the serious hand situation created by another doctor here in Houston. He told me he could do the surgery I needed, but that my hand was in such bad shape that I needed a doctor who's background was highly skilled and had done many of these procedures. He did ask the best question of all. He said I don't understand why your hand is in this shape (no normal hand function) - why didn't your doctor explain to you what was happening so you would not be in this fix. That day I did not tell him the doctor. This year he will know and so will everyone in Houston and his name is Dr. Eddie Matsu and let's don't forget his assistant Anita who told me my hand was fine and there is no need for a surgeon to touch it with a scalpel.

March 19th, 2015

Constant 1hr plus wait times are arrogant waste of other people's time.

July 17th, 2014

My Opinion and Observation

Dr. Metzger appears very moody and can be very rude. My surgery was a success, but I had to ask for physical therapy-he never mentioned it. I am glad I did. The recovery took well over a year, not 6 months like he said. He does NOT like to see you back in office with the same complaint if you don't heal under his time table. His stare downs were rather unprofessional and immature. He is a good surgeon, but I would not recommend him to a family member or friend. When I was in physical therapy an elderly women who was in therapy said, that he yelled at her on the phone and hung up on her. I do believe her. I hope over time, he has become a better human being and a better Dr. with his patients.

June 27th, 2013

He ROCKS Orthopedics!!

I had plenty of difficulties finding the right doctor to do my wrist surgery until a friend recommended Dr Metzger.He got right down to business, gave me my surgery AND now I'm healing quickly . I had surgery a week ago and I'm already out of my wrist brace, moving my fingers and thumb; and can rotate my wrist! I still can't bend it yet but, I'm getting there. I was in very little discomfort after my surgery. I would recommend this Orthopedic doctor/surgeon to ANYONE who needs wrist surgery hands down!! (pardon the pun) He is totally AWESOME!!!

March 26th, 2012

Patient with fractured arm bones

Dr. Metzger has no bedside manners whatsoever. He barely spent any time explaining what the condition of the injury was and was very quick to only suggest surgery was needed. He never showed up post-op to check to see if I was okay for discharge. If you're looking for a doctor that will walk you through what you are about to undertake, he is not the one for you.

September 12th, 2017