Dr. Charles Mitchell MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 14th, 2017
Terrible Customer Service
I am sadden by the display of unprofessionalism from his front desk staff.  I am certain that this is not a display of the level of professionalism and appropriate behavior that a family care institution such as Central Texas Health Care would ever adhere to.  I strongly suggest that the staff receive customer service, consideration of others, or additional required training to understand what it means to care for customers!

January 30th, 2015
VERY GOOD SERVICE, AND II HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY DR. MITCHELL

August 30th, 2014
mr
Several years ago I learned that my chart had a certain red sticker placed on it and it meant that they planned to "get rid of me." I had severe non-mitigated pain from a motor vehicle collision. I was prescribed hydrocodone bitartrate. But, once they decided to move me along to pain management, their service was poor and the office manager was hateful. She denied I had to wait over 7 hours to be seen during a previous visit. (I waited to be seen because I knew the ER could only prescribe a few days of pain med. Although my experiences were poor, I still recommend Dr. Mitchell to others. My diagnosis and situation was unique to me. Dr. Mitchell will get you out of pain, but he can only prescribe narcotics for just so long. I agree with some of the other comments - that staff seems to be a contributing factor for poor service.

August 10th, 2013
Good Service
I have been a patient of this clinic for 2010. Although I have not been seen by Dr. Mitchell his assisting PA(s) have been very caring. The Mitchell staff has always been courteous and professional. My wait time for scheduled appointment have been between 10 to 30. As for being a walk-in the wait could be hours.

September 12th, 2012
Dr. Mitchell is a true professional. He carefully listens to my symptoms/complaints, is kind, courteous and thorough. Once he determines the diagnosis, he takes the time to discuss the proper treatment, orders any lab work to be done and followup, when necessary. I am very pleased with the care that I have received from him.

March 19th, 2012
Dr Mitchell is my primary Physican. I have not had any problems with his staff or any problem when out of town to get prescriptions filled, My visits are scheduled and is meet with ease.The ony time I have to wait if I do a walk in, but he will see me as quickly as possiable.

February 20th, 2011
I hate this office and not too crazy about the doctor either

February 14th, 2011
LONG WAIT!!!!

October 31st, 2010
Terrible
While I believe Dr. Mitchell is an okay doctor, his staff is useless. Like many doctors' staffs, they only care about how you're going to pay. Call backs take days. Prescription issues go unresolved. The nurses are incompetent. Come on Doctor Mitchell, can't you find some other people to help you in your practice?

December 9th, 2009
Wish I could give less than a single star.
Poor poor poor! I dread visits to the doctor in a way I never did before Dr. Mitchell. His office staff is lazy and incompetent and there seem to be more than a few liars on the payroll. Dr. Mitchell is so overloaded that for a three-hour wait in the lobby, he will see you for perhaps five minutes. Don't come to him with a real complaint or problem, he will probably misdiagnose you. Be wary of the specialists he sends you to... If the office staff doesn't lose or shred your paperworl, that is. I strongly urge any patient to abandon him ASAP.

December 1st, 2009
Seek Another Doctor
I have never waited for less than 45 minutes AFTER my scheduled appointment time to see Dr. Mitchell or his PA. Once it was a two-hour wait and once it was a three-hour wait. Neither Dr. Mitchell nor his PA actually pay attention to symptoms or problems and they answer questions poorly and without seeming to consider the patient. I have been misdiagnosed four times: a miscarriage was "an abnormally heavy period," the flu was "allergies," Cubital Tunnel Syndrome was "slight joint abnormality in [my] shoulder," and potentially fatal side effects of birth control I was prescribed were "anxiety". My prescriptions have been written incorrectly--including a new HBC prescription that was the same one that had given me heart problems. The office staff is rude and mostly incompetent: two sets of my referrals were in the "shred" pile before they'd gone out to the insurance company, my medical records were lost between my first and second visits so I had to sign in as a "new" patient, and they are incapable of following orders on EFMP forms and telling patients the truth about potential problems with paperwork. I highly recommend seeking another doctor. If you use TriCare, request a new PCM as soon as you can. It will be worth it to wait for a doctor and an office who can do their jobs.

May 2nd, 2009
Dr. Mitchell and his staff did an outstanding job of diagnosing my issues and providing me with great care. I would highly recommend them.