A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charles Newell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Charles Newell is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Newell, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Newell graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis.
Dr. Newell has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
- Gulf Coast Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Newell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 10 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Peach State Health Plan - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Capital Health Plan - 1 plan
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Anthem - 18 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Charles Newell practice?
Dr. Charles Newell practices Ophthalmology near Tallahassee, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Albany, GA and Panama City, FL.
See Tallahassee Ophthalmologists.