Dr. Charles Obioha MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Rockville, MD

2.4

November 6th, 2016
Disappointed all around
I have been very upset about this entire situation and planned to just not go back and let it all go, but the saga continues. I went in for a simple consultation. I sat and had a conversation with the Dr about my minor symptoms. I was NOT examined at this time. He advised that I needed a colonoscopy to assess my issues and based on my age and race. We scheduled the colonoscopy for 2 weeks later. I did the dreaded prep and arrived timely. Had to wait another 1.5-2 hours for the doctors to arrive. Then while I was on the gurney, in my gown, I was advised that I was there for the scheduled colonoscopy and a hemorrhoidectomy. I knew nothing about a hemorrhoidectomy procedure and really didnt know what it was nor had I agreed to it. I told the nurse I didnt know anything about it and she left and came back. She then told me that the doctor added it and said that if he sees a concern once I am put under, he will address it at that time. I was so tired and weak, I signed off on the release. I was by myself and didnt really know what was going on. I woke up in EXTREME pain and agony. I was crying because I was in so much pain. I had done my research on colonopscopies and knew this wasnt normal. The doctor still did not have a conversation with me, but he nurse said he had to remove the hemorrhoids. I said what? I live alone and didnt know how I was going to care for myself, nor was I able to make arrangements to have someone care for me or be out of work. Plus I had no idea that hemorrhoidectomy was even a thing. I had done absolutely no research as it was NEVER presented to me. That first night I almost called 911 because the pain was so bad. I had to call in sick for the next 3 days and I again was not prepared for any of that and missed several meetings and one crucial mediation. I decided to not go back there and canceled my follow up. I found this doctor on my insurance company's website. 4 weeks later, I receive an astronomical bill from a collection agency. Instead of billing me directly, the office sent the charges to the collection agency. I was told that the doctors surgery center is out of network, but the doctor isnt. My insurance company will be sending me a check to cover the portion owed and agreed upon with the doctor. This has been a horrible experience all around. When I called to inquire, the receptionist was rude and highly disrespectful to me. It was a horrible, terrifying and unprofessional experience all around. Unfortunately, I cant recommend this doctor or the facility. I feel traumatized.

September 13th, 2013
Colonosopy
I did tow colonoscopy with this doctor. The second time he said he found a polyp. I asked him why he did not remove it. He said he wanted to keep an eye on it.. what the heck is that. Just remove it. Got stuck with a large bill after he told me my insurance did not cover the procedure. I would not recommend this doctor

April 20th, 2012
A patients time is just a valuable!
I believe he has three offices (Rockville/Bowie/Landover), so he's traveling quite a bit on different days. I waited for over an hour for a scheduled consultation. He was with me for about 15 minutes. I believe the staff travels between Rockville and the Bowie location also. They were also late arriving at the Bowie location. This situation could mean he's in high demand or he needs to manage his time better. A good first impression is long and everlasting.

October 6th, 2011
The worst experience ever!!!!
I went for the first time and waited for more than an hour, that was ridiculos. He was only with me for 15 min. for my consult. Before having my procedure he told me he was in network with my insurance and come to find out he and his facility was out of network. I later had a huge bill as if he had reconstructed my whole body. Clearly dont recommend him.

January 25th, 2011
He sucks and disrespects his staff. I will never return to this office ever again.

July 21st, 2009
Long time patient
I have seen Dr. Obioha for about 8 years now and he is a great doctor, He is very personable. I have had 2 colonocopy with him and everything went smooth. I moved to Columbia Md but I will still travel to where ever he is for my follow-up and every five year colonoscopy. Job well done Dr. Ohioha