Dr. Charles Oestreicher MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 15th, 2015
Psychiatrist made fun of me
I was seeing a psychiatrist and I had told him my symptoms. He had a very good rating on his online reviews and my gut felt terribly confident when I started seeing him. Immediately, he had told me with confidence that he knew what was "wrong" - I was self-conscious. He had said it took one to know one - meaning he had gone through the same thing. I was very happy to hear that. Then I started listening to hs interesting steps on how to overcome self-consciousness - he gave me everyday daily assignments, along with psychotherapy(?) and weekly sessions. He gave a book to read, "Playing with Reality" by D.W. Winnicott. I guess we were going to psychologically play during sessions. Psychologically develop? I dunno ... One session, he was saying stuff and remember not caring what he said cause I didnt understand. He said outright that he was making fun of me. I casually laughed it off automatically as if it didn't bother me. I was made fun of a lot, most importantly, I was very sensitive and always felt terribly humiliated. He kicked me out of the session once I did that and I never saw him again.

August 13th, 2010
Patient ST
Intelligent and kind...he is over booked.