Dr. Charles Parsons Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Parsons?

May 11th, 2016

Dr chalres parsons created a unfriendly atmosphere and was very sarcastic. He made a patient feel really bad about himself. It made the patient agrivated and confused, forget what he was going to talk to him about and give papers or documents needed, not paying attention to the patient neither paying attention what the patient is asking for. The staff was acting awful and not professional at all.

November 19th, 2015

Great Doctor

Using a hospital based medical system is always hard.. it will mean long waits.. but.. there are many people who have problems that can only be dealt with at UCSD and really by Dr. Parsons. I had horrific IC.. a nightmare.. he treated me and after some trial and error we got it under control. You have to ask yourself is you are willing to put up with some hospital stuff, or you want to be in pain.. for me its an easy decision.

June 5th, 2015

Not a very compassionate person but very good Difficult to reach

May 10th, 2013

Worst doctor I've ever experienced in my life

Negligent, incompetent, and downright disrespectful. Forgot to order a scan until I asked him to. Didn't explain lab orders. Clearly didn't read my chart or prepare for my appointment at all. Confused me with other patients. Did not answer questions. Threw a diagnosis and new prescription at me with virtually no patient education. Failed to discuss treatment options or serious side effects. Left out vital diagnosis information. He left the room abruptly before asking if I had questions. When I asked him to return, he stood impatiently by the door the whole time, didn't sit back down with me. Cut me off numerous times when I was trying to describe my symptoms and history. Despite my multiple calls, it took almost two weeks to have scan results verbalized to me, because he left the office for a week and refused to have anyone follow up, though my scan was positive for a tumor and abnormalities. This delayed my further scans and follow up. He referred me to another specialty, and it took almost another two weeks (again, despite my multiple phone calls) because he put in the wrong order on the computer. Again, this even further delayed my treatment and other further scan. I have received zero apologies for the multiple errors and negligence. The experience has been a total nightmare. I cannot believe he is employed and it is absolutely beyond me how he could possibly be called an "expert."

November 30th, 2011

i am a patient of over 20 years of dr.parsons

i had been diagnosed with a very advanced case of interstitial cystitis, which dr.parsons specializes in, a year prior to seeing dr.parsons for the first time. after trying different combinations of medications, it was finally brought under control. in my 20 year experience with ucsd medical center, and dr.parsons,i was taken care of excellently, dr.parsons spent all the time i needed to discuss my concerns, and i don't recall ever having a negative occasion with either dr.parsons or the staff. i knew from the outset, that dr.parsons was in the office only one day a week for appointments;the other days being spent in surgery or lecturing. i never had any problem getting my concerns addressed between appointments. unfortunately, dr.parsons is retiring, so i will be looking for another doctor. i did,by the way, drive 110 miles one way, three times a year for my appointments.

October 8th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. L. Parsons for over a decade for 2 reasons. 1) He specializes in my particular uro problem & 2) he was recommended as the best in this field. Through the years I have found the nursing staff to be too over worked to be helpful, timely or compassionate. Dr. Parsons isn't working often enough (partially retired) & completely non-contactable in an emergency. In fact, in a true emergency, none of the doctors on call or nursing staff are competent or compassionate. They do not follow through to make sure that the patient has the correct medications & do not respond to multiple calls from pharmacies or the patient. Save yourself the grief--go elsewhere. You will not regret it. I have found their level of care to border on abusive due to their overabundance of arrogance.

June 2nd, 2016