Dr. Charles Pehr MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 7th, 2013
I went to the doctor when i was pregnant with my first baby. He was so caring and listened to each and every one of my stupid questions and answered them patiently. Also he wouldnt suggest any unnecessary medicines. Me and my husband are 100% satisfied with the doctor and would recommend this doctor to anyone. Even his nurse is a charming lady. Both of them put you in ease

July 7th, 2012
Biased on overweight patients
I can't speak to this doctor's delivery work, but I found him to have a bias againt overweight patients. He came highly recommended, but the second comment out of his mouth when I met him was "are you on a diet" and the third was "you should be." I had been suffering for quite some time with pain and bleeding, but when I asked if birth control pills might help his response was "nice try." When I didn't understand, he said accused of me of looking for birth control as an easy way to lose weight. In fact, he said my weight was probably what was causing my problems. After several visits I changed doctors, and it turns out I had several fibroid tumors that required surgery. While reading a previous comment from a patient who said how much Dr. Pehr helped her when she suffered from fibroids, I can only imagine that she did not have a weight problem. This is my personal experience, and I found out later that he had told two coworkers who were not at all overweight at all that they needed to lose. I fully admit having a weight problem and do not fault any doctor for bringing it up to me. But he treated me with contempt and in not seeing past my weight, allowed me to go on for a few more years suffering from a problem he never diagnosed. If you happen to read this Dr. Pehr, doctors aren't just here for people who are perfect. Those who aren't do not deserve to be faulted or to suffer. I cannot get back the time I was not treated, thinking I was at fault for my condition.

November 18th, 2010
Wonderful delivery doctor
Dr. Pehr delivered my second child in 2004 as he was the doctor on call for deliveries that day. I'd gotten to the hospital at 8cm and was really wanting to go "natural" (no pain killers). He was very calm and gave the some points to consider -- suggesting I NOT use pain killers if I could withstand the pain due to the larger size of my baby. The delivery was wonderful! He had even delivered the delivery nurse!

September 28th, 2010
I am truly grateful that I found Dr. Charles Pehr. I needed to find a gynecologist about my multiple fibroids. One gynecologist insisted that I have the surgery right away. She did not perform a biopsy, or a pap smear or anything and she hardly knew me. After I went to Dr. Pehr for a second opinion he did the pap smear and examined me thoroughly. He did not agree that I needed the surgery right away but gave me a few options to consider. He did a biopsy to learn more about my fibroids. I noticed that he was very patient, understanding and wise. I also noticed that it is important to him that I as a patient follow all the guidelines for a proper care. Any woman will be in good hands with Dr. Pehr.

June 30th, 2010
Very good obgyn
I found Dr. Pehr when we moved here from Georgia and I was pretty far into my pregnancy and Dr. Pehr accepted me as a patient with no problem, the first time I saw him he talked to me in his office and answered all my questions and was very knowledgable and detailed. Everytime I had an office visit during my pregnancy he would always answer any questions I had and he took his time he did not rush off, and his nurse is so sweet she is always smiling and friendly and they both made me feel comfortable being a patient there. I also saw a doctor once in the practice when he was out of town and she was a good doctor too, the practice has alot of doctors and they have 3 office locations and deliver at 3 hospitlas which is great!Dr. Pehr delivered our son and he is still my obgyn today and I plan to keep him as my obgyn and if in the future me and my husband have another baby he will deliver for us! I would recommend Dr. Pehr and Southwest obgyn to family and friends, and I am so glad I found a good obgyn when we moved here in 2009!

November 21st, 2008
Very impressed with Dr. Pehr
I was very impressed with Dr. Pehr. He is not my regular OB/Gyn. But when I went into premature labor, my physician checked me and admitted me to the hospital, but had to go out of town. Dr. Pehr was the doctor on call and ended up doing an urgent c-section. I was very impressed with his knowledge, skill as a surgeon and sense of urgency. My regular doctor in this practice is excellent as well. The nurses who checked my c-section incision thought Dr. Pehr had done a great job since the incision was small and neat. One nurse said, "Wow, Dr. Pehr has a good hand". I was very impressed with his knowledge. He met with my husband and I earlier in the day since he was on call for the day and answered all of our questions and was very knowledgable. There wasn't any question we asked that he didn't answer right away with an educated answer. When I started having some problems later in the day, I was also impressed with his sense of urgency about the situation and getting the baby out right away. At the time I didn't realize that the baby could have been in danger, but after doing some reading, I've come to that realization. So, I highly recommend Dr. Pehr. I've seen a couple Drs. in this practice when my physician wasn't available or was out of town and all of them seem to be very competent.