Overall Review

3.6

August 28th, 2016
HORRIBLE A
I came with my father to his appointment. "Dr" Pewitt was horrible! His patient's room was disgusting. The floors were supposed to be blue, but they were black because they were so dirty. There was an old bandage wrapper on the counter and the paper on the exam bed looked used. The nurse was so unpleasant. When Pewitt finally came in he was an arrogant jerk. This may sound exaggerated, but I am just telling it like it was. His diagnosis was TOTALLY WRONG. Thank you Jesus that he went and saw a real Dr for treatment! I cannot believe how rude and arrogant he his. I merely asked if my father should take ibuprofen for an anti inflammatory and he seemed very irritated. He sharply said no. He prescribed pain killers and that was worrisome to me considering last week my father was in the emergency room BECAUSE OF THE PAIN PILLS! He has a colostomy bag and the pain pills, as we all know, was making his intestines not want to work. Bottom line- I was very disappointed in this "dr" and his staff!

June 26th, 2016
Good Dr.
I have been seeing Dr. Pewitt for at least ten years. I can ALWAYS get an appointment if I am sick! They took me at 4:30 on a Fri once when I was very ill. Dr. Pewitt always goes over all your medications and always check on drug allergies before prescribing a medication. He doesn't spend a lot of time with you, but if you have a serious problem he will listen! I like his staff and his office is clean and well organized.

August 19th, 2015
Best Dr. ever, I am 71 years young thanks to Dr. Pewitt and his care over the last 5 years.

March 2nd, 2015
Getting a new doctor
I am changing doctors. I guess he thinks people are made of money. 1st off, My bill is screwed up because of 2 different billing systems and 75% of my bill is service charges for a balance I was told didn't exist. 2nd, he tends to run blood tests for different things and tells me after its done and charges me for it instead of letting me decide if I want it done or can afford to have it done. 3rd, I once asked him what a medical term was and I was told, "well you don't have that so we don't need to discuss it." I can get better treatment elsewhere..

October 10th, 2012
Dr. Pewitt doesn't just treat symptoms, he finds out the problem and fixes it. He is the best Doc that has ever treated me. We need to clone him several times

June 19th, 2012
Would not recommend at all
Rude doctor; questionable diagnosis. Took another doctor 2 weeks to fix what he did to me.

August 5th, 2011
Very Professional
I have never had a problem getting an appointment, in fact, I have been told to "come on now" if my problem was serious.The office manager, Trudy, has helped me with insurance problems and other things. Dt. Pewitt is very dedicated to his patients, working long hours to accomadate his patients. He does not spend much time making small talk because he is busy, but has never failed to stay in the exam room long enough to answer my questions and take care of my concerns. It does take time to form a relationship with your Dr. I am satisfied with Dr. P and will continue to see him as long as he is practicing medicine!

February 23rd, 2011
Very Bad Doctor
Wouldn't answer family questions, was mean, didn't seem to know much about the drugs he prescribed, I will not go back

February 23rd, 2011
DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR
I was incorrectly diagnosed by this doctor, who is more of a pill pusher. I have elderly family members who still go to him because he sweet talks old ladies. My grandparents have been in the hospital several times due to medication dosage issues that he refuses to acknowledge because he is afraid of being sued. He needs to be sued.