A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charles Portera:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Charles Portera is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Portera, FACS, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Hot Flashes
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Education & Awards
Dr. Portera graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Portera has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hospital
- Erlanger Bledsoe Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Charles Anthony Portera FACS and MD is a male Gynecologist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Surgical Oncology, and Gynecology.
- Where does Dr. Charles A. Portera practice?
- Dr. Charles Portera has 3 office locations.
Dr. Charles Portera practices Surgery, Surgical Oncology, and Gynecology near Chattanooga, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Hixson, TN.
See Chattanooga Surgeons and Chattanooga Obstetricians & Gynecologists.