Dr. Charles Cook Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Cook?

April 1st, 2016

love at first sight!

My first encounter with this medical practice was indeed love at first sight. The facility is clean, the staff is courteous, and Dr. Cook's NP, Carol, is a total gem!! She understood me and listened and was very attentive! She is awesome! I've read great reviews about Dr. Cook and she is great as well. I have found me a home, away from home and being from Louisiana, it's important to find a place for me and I've found it!!

February 6th, 2016

This practice is everything that you expect it should be. Dr. Charles Cook and his Staff is top notch. The experience is great from beginning to the end of every visit. And that is a very comforting to me, who has a lifetime disease and getting older. I would recommend Dr. Cook to anyone.

December 1st, 2015

If your looking for a doctor that will tell it to you straight , see doctor Cook. I recently moved here from Oklahoma and Doctor Cook has been a real pleasure to work with . Staff is top notch .

October 8th, 2013

Education

He demonstrates genuine care and concern for our family. This personal investment has proven a strong resource for positive health and wellness.

April 24th, 2013

He's an absolute moron. Avoid like the plague. How is he still in business?

February 2nd, 2013

He's a jerk. He talks about patients all the time in the hall. Sad excuse for a doctor. Go back to med school and learn something.

June 26th, 2012

My family loves BFM

Bedford Family Medicine is a wonderful family friendly office. They are very willing to help you with insurance problems, and get you in quickly. Dr Cook and Dr Looney are wonderful doctors. I have never had a problem getting in touch with them. At my previous doctors office. It would take all week to hear back from the doctor for a simple medication question. No problems here!

February 16th, 2012

Could not ask for a better doctor!!!

I have been a patient of Dr. Cook's for almost 20 years. He is the most professional, but most down to earth caring doctor I have ever had the pleasure of being associated with. His diagnostic skills are incredibly accurate. His staff is so easy going and caring as well and a pleasure to deal with. I constantly hear from friends and family members how they have sat in their doctor's offices for 30, 40, 50 minutes ro even more than an hour waiting to see their doctor for their scheduled appointment only to wait just as long in the exam room. At Dr. Cook's office, this will not happen. The longest I have ever waited inthe waiting room was 20 minutes, and that was because they squeezed me in on a day I did not have an appointment in advance. I cannot say enough good about Dr. Cook or his staff. Simply the BEST!!!

November 18th, 2010

Interesting. I've never really considered leaving reviews for anything before. Not even a bad restaurant experience ever prompted me to hop on the world wide web and offer an opinion but somehow I have one on this. I guess because the medical industry as a whole has pushed it patients aside far too many times to tolerate. In my opinion for the amount of money doctors make on a single visit, we should demand more.The over-all experience was fair. The office staff was impeccable and while I was in the waiting room they dealt professionally with a patient that was irate. Which I guess should have been a red flag to me but I brushed it off, eager to see a new doctor. Get a new perspective. I had called several other doctors and when asked what my reason was for visiting I did no dancing around. I simply said "I would like to discuss dietary supplements." Many of the more respectable receptionists did not tell me what I wanted to hear and instead told me their doctors were no longer taking on 'patients with dietary issues.' As offended as I was I also gave kudos to the 'not wasting anyone's time' theory.So you can imagine how thrilled I was that someone would see me and in a timely manner considering I was a new patient.After a small run in with the irate lady in the waiting room who chose to tell me of the long involved drama of her billing issues, the nurse called my name.She was very nice and I felt comfortable with her right away. Again the office staff was great but just because you have good service doesn't mean you can excuse the maggots on the steak, the mold on the bread or the curdled cheese in the milk. You wouldn't keep a broken I-Touch because the people at Best Buy were phenomenal, would you?The nurse weighs me, asks my height and then leads me to my room. I wait (oh I'd say) two minutes or so...not long.He introduces himself as Dr. Cook and then goes into some random questions...'so you're 39?' I'm thinking 'DUH!' but okay I play along...'that is correct' I say. Then he proceeds to go over my whole chart in the same manner...I am assuming this is break the ice stuff or a way to catch him up to speed. FINALLY we get to the nitty-gritty of the problem...my weight.I explain to him that I have been on thyroid medication since the age of 31. He acknowledges in 'whatever' fashion. He doesn't ask what my TSH was when I first found out. A normal TSH is 0.5-5. Mine was at 37.0 when I was diagnosed. He stops me there to ask what diets I have tried in the past. I explain that I don't drink soda and I don't eat at fast food places. I've tried every diet in the free world, accompanied by exercise. He asks what diets I liked best and what works for me. I tell him that Nutri-system was okay but diet pills helped me kick start the weight loss. He is clearly against them. I know this but he is a doctor and I am forty pounds overweight. 'Obese' by medical standards. He starts to 'blah blah blah' me as if I am the most uneducated person on earth. He tells me being fat is 'contageous' and I start hearing his words as 'blah blah blah'. He asks if I took diet pills in the past and I say yes I took 'phendimetrizine' and he asks, 'yeah, but how long did that last?' I tell him '2 years' and he inquires, 'you were on them for 2 years?' And I say 'no I was on them for three months. I was able to maintain my weight for 2 years'...he looks like he doesn't believe me. He starts going into measuring your food and appropriate amounts and counting calories. All the while running through my head is 'did this guy get a 'c' average in medical school or something?'So I explain that I do measure and count calories and he stops listening altogether and goes off on some random facts that I can get straight off the internet. No degree needed.My condition is a thyroid problem. I can't lose weight like others can. If he had any knowledge whatsoever he would have asked 'what's your diet like now?'...or 'explain to me the kinds of changed you've made recently to help your diet'...THEN he would have realized that all the food I was currently eating that I thought would be good for my diet was actually preventing my thyroid medication from absorbing properly into my system (I found this out because I went on an internet search to find out why I was eating extraordinarily healthy and still gaining weight)...Now mind you I do eat late at night but not to the extent that it would make me gain. However when I told him this he didn't ask what type of foods I was eating. I really don't think he cared because at this point I was just another overweight girl looking for a 'quick fix' in his eyes. Dr. Cook never asked me if I had seen an endocrinologist recently and if my medication may need a boost. He didn't refer me at the end of my appointment to a dietician that could aid in healthy eating for thyroid conditions. He simply looked at me as though I was just another diet pill junkie, 'blah blahed' me and sent me on my way.While I understand that there is some danger in taking diet medication to help suppress the appetite, I also know that any foreign subtance in your body can have side effects. All medicine should be carefully monitored. That is why a doctor is a doctor. A doctor administers, does follow ups and sees the patient through to the end. It is a lengthy process but for obese patients it is a life saving one. Diet medication is temporary and follow up even after the patient has gone off the medication is absolutely necessary. I almost think that it's too much trouble for a doctor to deal with the rising obesity in America. I almost think that it's just easier to tell a patient 'quit super-sizing' than it is to say to a patient 'let's try this and if it doesn't work, let's try something else'. The bottom line is Dr. Cook got his money for the visit and he didn't have to use an excess of knowledge to do it. For the ten total minutes I was in with him he told me absolutely nothing and made in the upwards of $ 100.00, not including the $ 20.00 co-pay.So here's to those with a thyroid problem:Do some research on what not to eat if you are on thyroid replacement...Raw:BroccoliCauliflowerKaleSpinachStrawberriesPeaches and many many more actually cancel the effects of thyroid replacement therapy...Which, he would have known I was eating these foods if he'd simply asked and could have advised me in a different direction or referred me to a dietician.So, do I eat the steak with the maggots because the service was good? No. I keep trying to find the doctor that cares enough to want to see me through all my health related needs and enjoys seeing my success through follow-up appointments.

July 20th, 2010

Professional and Caring

Everyone in my family has visited Dr. Cook for a variety of problems from allergies, neuromuscular problems, flue, earaches, and sleep issues. He and his staff are always professional but caring. His takes the time to ask many questions to assure a good diagnosis and appropriate treatment. This is what family medicine should be.

February 23rd, 2009

Will find new doctor.

Saw Dr. Cook for allergies, he came into room and told me "I guess I have to give you the come to Jesus talk". He then proceeded to tell me that I should leave my current profession of 15 years (hairstylist) even though my allergies seem to be a new development.

April 28th, 2017