Dr. Charles Smith Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Smith?

November 27th, 2016

Dr. Smith is an outstanding doctor and his staff is courteous and proficient. He spent a generous amount of time with me and listens. I am a difficult patient and I am grateful to have him and the fine Doctor that recommended him. Thanks also to the kind professionals at Scripps.

November 3rd, 2015

Do not use this neurologist.

This doctor needs to watch the Movie "The Doctor" with William Hurt. In 14 years of a complex medical history with Scripps I was referred to Dr Smith. He is rude, arrogant, pompous and self centered. I'm not too sure if he actually read my medical record prior to examining me or just decided to "wing it". All the things I told him were in my record. And yet he said I "gave a rambling medical history"!!! If he took the time to read the electronic records he would not need to ask me anything about my past and only what I have experienced lately. He has not personally returned any of the 4 messages I have left for him and instead had his nurse call me with the message "he's too busy"!!!! He would do well to remember that for a patient to go to a specialist is a very daunting and stressful experience. And to be brushed off is totally unacceptable. I have already given the instructions to Scripps to get me another neurologist.

September 22nd, 2015

onehappymamma

Dr. Smith and his staff have been nothing but wonderful and helpful at helping me finally get some control over my MS flare - ups, that have been ruining my life for about the past 6 years. I seem to be on a road to rehab and recovery. They have me on the correct treatment plan and working with an amazing Physical Therapy Center.

July 7th, 2015

My visits with Doctor Smith have been very informative. He is a very caring person, and an excellent doctor. He keeps up with all the newest interventions and medications, so that he can suggest the very best treatment for his patients. Doctor Smith has been my doctor for three years. . I will admit He does not suffer fools well.

April 15th, 2015

Two visits in and I'm in the process of switching to another Neurologist. I was diagnosed with MS 3 years ago. A recent move from out of state forced me to get a new team of doctors. Dr. Smith spent 15 minutes with me without having reviewed my records or MRI's and decided "I'm just not impressed that you have MS". Very arrogant manner, poor listener and speaks in first person ("I work", " I don't", "I'll decide" ) constantly. Honestly, I've never had an experience with a doctor that left me feeling so vulnerable, isolated and defensive. I'm in the process of starting over with a new Neurologist. Note: I've never put a negative review on line because I realize they can be impactful and I deal directly with the business or person. In this case, I really felt this had to be an exception.

August 28th, 2013

A Wonderful Doctor

I not only admire Dr. Charles Smith, but I followed him from one location to another to have him oversee my health needs. It's worth it to me to drive for over an hour now simply to know I'm in excellent care due to his expertise and skills.

March 21st, 2013

Not impressed

Seemed preoccupied with other things....certainly being a patient of his was not HIS top priority. His certificates plastered on his wall say he's good. His actions speak louder. Not impressed. Will seek further help elsewhere.

August 1st, 2017