Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

2.5

by Pat B on Apr 15th, 2015

Two visits in and I'm in the process of switching to another Neurologist. I was diagnosed with MS 3 years ago. A recent move from out of state forced me to get a new team of doctors. Dr. Smith spent 15 minutes with me without having reviewed my records or MRI's and decided "I'm just not impressed that you have MS". Very arrogant manner, poor listener and speaks in first person ("I work", " I don't", "I'll decide" ) constantly. Honestly, I've never had an experience with a doctor that left me feeling so vulnerable, isolated and defensive. I'm in the process of starting over with a new Neurologist. Note: I've never put a negative review on line because I realize they can be impactful and I deal directly with the business or person. In this case, I really felt this had to be an exception.

Full of knowledge and empathy for his patients show details Full of knowledge and empathy for his patients
by Wendy on Sep 18th, 2014

I'm a nurse diagnosed in 2006 with RRMS i am not working right now but have been around a lot of neurologist over the years I have found "the diamond in the ruff " after attending his lecture on bowel an bladder issue with MS I found him knowledgeable with empathy not often seen anymore !!! Great Doc !!! MS

Please avoid this doc, you deserve better! show details Please avoid this doc, you deserve better!
by Rachel on Aug 10th, 2014

Dr. Charles Smith is a jack*ss. I cannot believe I will be writing a 400 dollar check for my recent visit. My husband accompanied me and we were both astonished at his horrible attitude and lack of care. I had been treated for MS in the Seattle area for several years and was taking Copaxone for the previous 3 years. I found him after moving home to San Diego and for some inexplicable reason, he said he would not treat me or prescribe any MS medication until I could prove to him I had MS since the MRI he ordered showed previous lesions had lightened. Despite that - he was sure to do a battery of other in-office tests so he could charge me for a level 4 office visit. Yes, we are on to you. Stay away from this physician. Even my new doc who shall remain anonymous has implied he is not at all surprised!

A Wonderful Doctor show details A Wonderful Doctor
by Naida on Aug 28th, 2013

I not only admire Dr. Charles Smith, but I followed him from one location to another to have him oversee my health needs. It's worth it to me to drive for over an hour now simply to know I'm in excellent care due to his expertise and skills.

Not impressed show details Not impressed
Mar 21st, 2013

Seemed preoccupied with other things....certainly being a patient of his was not HIS top priority. His certificates plastered on his wall say he's good. His actions speak louder. Not impressed. Will seek further help elsewhere.