Dr. Charles Thompson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Thompson?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Charles Thompson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 11th, 2016

Retired

Yes, Dr diagnosed my dystonomia problem I was so thrilled to finally know it wasn't all in my imagination. Dr ordered couple of tests & gave me scripts. AMAZING to feel better an have infrequent bouts. He is a genius of a Dr !!

August 14th, 2016

EEXCELLENT Dr, serches for correct diagnosis & follows through with caring treatment & follow up appointments, long as necessary, hour or longer! Went to many Dr but Dr Thompson finally found the problem , prescribed medication '& what a difference in my life

May 3rd, 2016

THE BEST FOR DYSAUTONOMIA

April 27th, 2016

Only doctor who knows anything about Dysautonomia.

September 27th, 2015

He is a very concerned doctor that goes so far as to give out his cellphone # and home # to patients. When he gets sick and has to cancel he puts out of towners 1st. Spends lots of time with each patient. He will even work a Saturday if needed. I have been seeing him since 2000 and very please at his knowledge of the different types of Dysautonomia.

February 10th, 2015

He is the only person who understands how it is to have dysautonomia

June 2nd, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Thompsons for over 10 years now and the amount of quality time that he spends with his patients is a more than most. I am not on any medications and he recommends some to me, but understand I have a lot of reactions to meds and doesn't push it. He has no problem making sure I get all my concerns/questions answered which is always a big reassurance as well as educating me on the latest research. I know two other patients that have seen him and are on medications and they told me without the medications they would not be able to get out of bed. When I read below a patient described him as lax I couldn't believe it because of the many quality experiences I have had with him. If anything he is the opposite, because he wants to help out his patients so much that he pushes himself to being sick. It does take awhile to see him and he does have to cancel a lot due to having Dysautonomia himself, but when he does see me it makes up for it. I have seen many Dysautonomia specialists and a few of them told me it is complex to treat. One specialist at Vanderbilt (top research clinic) told me you definitely have it, but there isn't much else they could for me and it is still in research status. It is frustrating yet the reality of the situation. I'm just happy Dr. Thompson's continues to try and treat people with a complex disorder which cannot be easy for any physician let alone someone who is suffering with the illness himself.

February 6th, 2014

He will over medicate you and get rid of you if you don't like it

When I found Dr. Thompson I thought he was a godsend. He was kind and could relate to me and my disease. Slowly after a few months more and more medication was added. After 6 months I was useless. I almost lost my job and eventually did my husband. He had me on 12 medicines for this disorder. Uppers, downers, opiates, and heart meds. I couldn't function at home or my job. When I decided to get my life back I asked him for an appt to discuss dropping my meds. His office manager informed me I was discharged from his practice. His office staff is exceptionally rude and difficult to deal with. You wait all day at the office just to see him the day of your appt. I am not the only one in this situation. Besides other reviewers, somebody I know is in the exact situation only worse. Dysautonomia in this town has become a joke to Drs and nurses due to this man and I am embarrassed of my illness and of the damage I did to my family.

August 30th, 2012

Very unprofessional

I was a patient of Dr. Thompsons for aprox. 10 years. While Dr.Thompson seems to be a nice man, I question his practice. Expect to wait at least and hour past your scheduled appointmant time if he is even there when you show up. There were many times when I showed up for appointments and the door was locked with no explaination, no call from him or his office to say that he will not be in. I tred to contact him and his office to reschedule via phone and email but never received a reply, what other medical provider acts in such an unprofessional manner? When I was able to see Dr. Thompson and be treated by him I had my doubts. I was heavly over medicated by him, no wonder I was dizzy and nauseous all the time. I finaly gave up trying to get back in to see Dr. Thompson and now rely on my family Dr. and my Cardiologist to treat the questionable Disautomia that Dr. Thompson diagonsed me with in the first place. My current doctors have eliminated many of the meds that Dr. Thompson prescribed to me and I am doing great. You would think that Dr. Thompson would try to contact me to see how I am doing since I have not been back to see him, still waiting! I understand that he gets sick from time to time and I am sympathetic to that and I hope he is doing well. To sum it up I would be very cautious of Dr. Thompson he is a nice guy but when he's the only game in town he can be lax and treat you very unprofessionally.

April 13th, 2011

POTS

Dr. Thompson is wonderful in understanding and treating dysautonomia. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about him. However, getting a response or kindness from his staff is not always possible.

February 1st, 2017