Dr. Charles Reel MD Patient Reviews

3.3

May 10th, 2016
Would not recommend
First, Dr. Reel is a neurologist, not an opthamologist. I would not recommend Dr. Reel. He ordered all kinds of tests, told us the results, but offered no real suggestions for the issues at hand. Told us to followup with him in 3 months. The tests he ordered were thousands of dollars -- paid for by medicare and BCBS. Obviously he got what he wanted from the testing. He would not complete some paperwork that was requested of him. Office staff said their policy is to not complete forms. Gave no reason -- just wouldn't do it and suggested I have another doctor do it. Why do you think we went to a specialist -- someone who would corroborate the medical condition we are dealing with. In addition, he seemed to talk "above" the patient -- someone dealing with dementia who could not process information at the level at which the doctor was speaking.

July 23rd, 2012
office Manager
Dr.Charles Reel and his staff are magnificent. It is obvious why he is rated the best in the area by his patients and colleagues. He is thorough and patient. I suffered with headaches for years without realizing they could be prevented. He treated me for this which saved my life and gave me quality of life. It was Dr.Reel that also noted my Carpal Tunnel and Ulnar Tunnel. He listens carefully and know exactly where to find the problem. His entire are excellent and most professional. As a patient, I would go no further than Dr.Reel's, his nurse practitioner Tracy Mccloskey, and this office. Thank so much for the superb service I received.

September 9th, 2009
Excellent
Dr. Reel and the Nurse Practitioner are excellent. So are the front desk staff. They are getting to the root of my problem and will start treatment soon. I hope it helps. They listened, showed true concern and are very caring. I am so glad I decided to go to this particular doctor. I was told when I was 17 yrs old I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Now I am 32 yrs old and my fatigue is getting worse. I never had a sleep study done and Dr. Reel ordered an Overnight and Daytime sleep study. Which proved there was a real problem that could be treated. Narcolepsy could not be ruled out, but they believe I don't have that problem> I have prolonged awakening, Poor sleep efficiency 45%, No sleep apnea, severe hypersomnolence. They found out what is wrong, along with low Vit b 12 and we are correcting that now too, which adds to my excessive sleepiness, but is not the main cause. I am thankful for this team. They found that I have Carpal Tunnel sig mod amt in both arms and tarsal tunnel in ankles. If I call them they return the call most often the same day, or the next day. I am glad to know they found out the real problem instead of slapping a label on my extreme sleepiness. You want someone that cares and that will find out what is truly wrong with you. This is the place to go.