Dr. Charles Rios MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 29th, 2016
NO MORE CIRCLES AND PEOPLE WITH HEARTS!
Dr Rios and his staff were the first in 5 years who listened with their HEART and this is the very first office that made a clear plan with no surprises! Im so thankful for Dr Rios and would encourage all to Please put him on your list if your need help with your child because -I too have been where you are and tired of the circles and surprises. His office moved so quickly and was so patient with my Autistic 5 yr old , they put him at ease and he was willing to go back to see the STAR WARS doctor:) we love you Dr Rios and your team for helping us -I can't explain the gratitude I have and the appreciation we feel for you and your team.

April 15th, 2016
Dr Rios was the missing puzzle in my son's diagnosis. He spent extra time reviewing my son's history, test results and provided a very thorough recommendation. I highly recommend Dr Rios.

December 2nd, 2015
T
Doctor do not come on appointment day. Even they don't inform you when you go to the hospital doctor is not there. Nurse will start to do the counselling and put some pamphlets in your hand and charges for specialist category copay. Do not waste your time and money and do not follow the website look.

October 22nd, 2015
We had a very positive experience with Dr. Rios and his staff. After waiting months to schedule an autism evaluation through my son's school district, we were overjoyed to contacted back immediately to schedule a complete series of appointments. Some reviews negatively commented that Dr. Rios does not personally interact with you at each visit, but having his staff administer the evaluations is probably what allows them to schedule patients without the long wait. Dr. Rios and his staff were all very friendly with my son and went out of their way to make him feel comfortable in their office. At each visit, they took the time to listen to all our concerns and questions and were very thorough. I can't recommend them highly enough.

August 18th, 2015
5 Stars to Dr. Mike Rios
We were able to get my son in quickly for assessment with Dr. Rios and his staff was amazingly prompt in their replies. Dr. Rios himself was genuinely kind and gentle with my son and was able to accurately and quickly diagnose my son.

June 28th, 2015
Great office and staff!
Absolutely adore Dr. Rios and his staff. They are honest and have excellent approach in their process to examining my daughter. All our questions were answered, they looked into our "case" right away, and even worked with our funny schedule. Highly recommend them!!

October 26th, 2014
Waste $
Please find out facts before you go. We had 3 sessions. All the testing is done by his nurses and early childhood specialist. You do not see the doctor until the 3rd session for about 30 minutes. At that session he just goes over the report written up by his staff. He barely even looked at our child except to say we should have further testing for fragile X ( to line the pockets of his doctor friend) because he has slightly protruding ears. My child was diagnosed with autism. The doctor has a wall full of toys but when my child got down a robot he said for him NOT to play with it because it was a collector's item. Really, then why display it for a child with autism if he can't play with it? He was irritated when we asked questions and just gave us very basic, lame answers. He was uncaring and indifferent. Well we wasted $1500. We thought getting a diagnosis would help get our child into sp.ed at school and treatment. Please check your insurance to see if they will pay for treatments because very few will pay for anything autism related. Most larger school districts in north Texas will test your child for autism if you put it in writing to the principal. I wish I had known this, and we could have saved a ton of time and money. Even if you have a medical diagnosis of autism, the school will retest your child(after age 3 years) to see if they qualify for special help. Therefore, spending your time and $ on a dev. pediatrician is a waste unless you have one of the very few insurances companies that will pay for treatment. Bottom line-check your insurance, call your sp. ed administration, and do your research( get first hand referral) before using this callous doctor.

September 11th, 2014
LOVE DR. RIOS
Me and my son both love Dr. Rios!!! He is absolutely wonderful with kids, and talks to them where they understand. He spent as much time with us as we wanted, I never felt rushed or pushed out the door. He helped my sons self esteem tremendously and helped me, as a parent, totally understand what was going on with my son. I would 100% recommend Dr. Rios to anyone having issues with their child at home or at school!!! He's wonderful!

May 8th, 2014
Awesome
Dr. Rios is an excellent doctor. I was very grateful that my son and I were able to get in to see him within a couple of weeks. He's able to do this by working with a great team of people. You do have to communicate with the office through email or their website but don't let that discourage you. They check their email often and usually get back to you within a couple of hours. You start out being greeted by their receptionist who is a very nice man. Our son was to be evaluated for autism and this was broken into 3 separate appointments. The first was with Dr. Rios's nurse practitioner and she takes the family history and goes over your concerns and the autism questionnaire with you. She was very nice and answered all my questions. The second appointment you meet with his behavioral specialist to have his physical play/interaction observation. She was very nice. Explained everything she did with him and the whys. At the end she gave me her assessment and what his likely diagnosis would be. Answered all my questions and told me what to expect from the meeting with the doctor. On our third visit we got to meet with Dr. Rios for the first time. He is wonderful. Really worked hard to help us understand my sons diagnosis. Gave us support group information, books to get to help us better understand. Really went over what therapies our son would need. Gave us hard copies and emails of all the assessments and diagnosis information. My husband really appreciated that Dr. Rios took the time to answer all go our questions. Dr. Rios was even willing to fill out intermittent FMLA paperwork for us without charging for it. Some people are put off that you don't meet with the doctor on the first visit. But that how he's able to get you in so quickly. Not have the 6-8 month wait time for like the child study center. He doesn't have the nicest office but he more than makes up for it by being such a great doctor. It was a little expensive (even with insurance) but that was because we hadn't met our 2000$ deductible yet. Sorry for the novel but I want people to realize what a great doctor Dr. Rios really is. I feel like my son will have better outcomes due to getting in quickly to see Dr. Rios and getting the information that we needed.

March 30th, 2014
Mom of two
This review is way overdue, but I feel so strongly about this office and staff that 6+months later it is still on my list of things to do. I am a mom of two. My youngest was diagnosed with speech and emotional delays at 18mths. We spent 6 months in therapy and various doctors prior to going to Dr. Rios. I was referred to this office by a list from ECI. My first search online showed this office to only make correspondence via online/email. I was not thrilled about this, but considering their office is the only one on the list that could see my child in a reasonable amount of time I went with it. I mean really what doctor’s office in this day & age does not have their first contact via the phone when I decide to call!! Dr. Rios did come highly recommended by our therapist and his education/experience speaks for itself. After my initial website submission I was contacted within hours and had 3 appointments scheduled within the next two weeks. Appointment #1 was information exchange, #2 testing, and #3 results with Dr. Rios. I am happy to say that our experience was surprisingly fantastic with all three staff members. This office runs efficiently and effectively. They are thorough, knowledgeable, and kind. I had read reviews regarding the personality of Dr. Rios. After meeting him and our thorough discussion about my child and concerns I found he has a passion for his field that I have NEVER found in another doctor in 30+years. He is direct and not just your mainstream cookie cutter doctor. He is in touch with both the experience of his youth and that of his young son. He taps into that which was the obvious source that drives his ability to help others and allow us to understand the differences and individuality of each child. His office is an independent facility that allows knowledgeable and experienced employees to handle the beginning stages of this complicated process. This allows Dr. Rios to be more available and as a result parents get the expedited results. I highly recommend Dr. Rios and Developmental Pediatrics. If the whole online only process is holding you back just take the leap. You and your child will not be disappointed. In fact, I think they have stumbled onto something and are now far ahead of the game. I can see this process being the normal in years to come!

February 23rd, 2014
We loved Dr. Rios! For the record we are Not family and friends of the doctor. Just concerned parents. Our child benefitted from getting reliable testing and information about Autism from the diagnostician. She explained everything she was doing. Our follow up appointment with the doctor helped us to feel optimistic about the future. Dr. Mike helped us find the services he needs. I highly recommend Dr. Rios.

January 2nd, 2014
Loved Dr. Rios!
My daughters preschool thought she had autism issues, so we went to Dr. Rios. He was very informative and professional. He even helped us with some of our own challenges.