Dr. Charles Ripp MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Colorado Springs, CO

3.2

March 4th, 2017
Says one thing does another
my husband has been going to him for 8 months, he promised that he would never leave my husband stranded in pain, our first sign of hope after 10 years of chronic horrible pain. my husband sits for up to 12 hours a day with his foot propped up on pillow to elevate some pain. Dr Ripp did some trial tests with lidocaine, then did some kind of shock treatment which made pain worse. We did a lot of research, an new he needed an ablation of the nerve at the knee s. Our last appointment. Ripp agreed to do it, that morn when we got there he changed his mind. Today when husband went in for follow up, he told Dr. Ripp it did not work, the ablation was done on his ankle. Ripp pretty much blew him off, spent 2 minutes in room, said he would not help if Dave didn't get off the oxycodone. End of conversation. We have spent over 550 there, that we borrowed because we live on disability. He says one thing does another, makes promises he cant or wont keep. An he is a slob, blood all over scrubs then handles my husbands foot, gross plus our copay an insurance the man is making 100 a minute off us. First he gave hope, happiness, today he crushed us so bad, heartbroken

January 9th, 2017
BEWARE!
Horrible experience! Waited 3 weeks to be called for appointment. No call. Went in person to schedule appointment. Appointment-seen by a PA. Ordered CT scan. Got scan. Waited 2 weeks for repoet. No call. Went to office. They didn't have a copy of the scan. I gave them mine to copy. Saw same PA. She couldn't pronounce half the words on the report. I knew more about what the report said than she did. She said I will talk to Dr Rip and call you.She called and said to come in to see him at 5:45 am in 2 weeks. Kept appointment. Dr Rip didn't have a clue why I was there. He didn't know I had a CT scan and when he went to get the report..it couldn't be found. I LEFT! I have never seen such incompetence in a medical office before. His front desk help are rude and look like they sleep in their clothes. They don't return phone calls and they don't respond to drug store questions on meds! I paid $130 in co-pays with no help or meds what so ever!!!

October 31st, 2016
Dr is usually great. Sometimes he runs behind. Getting an epidural is near impossible. Have been going to him for a few years. Maryann was always wonderful.At the first office they had all went well. My calls were returned. Orders put in. Moved out on Powers. No one returns calls and no one seems to care. Forget emergencies. Can say one other staff member was great too. He had a guys for awhile, Henry. He was great but as usual with great staff, they don't last. Not sure why. I have found another dr with better hours and a better staff.

August 23rd, 2016
Go somewhere else!
Terrible practice on so many levels. You can NEVER get in touch with anyone on the phone unless they call, which is only to make sure you make your appointment or pay your bill! If you need help or advice and expect to talk to someone when you call then this is not a practice for you. You can only leave a message and they promise to call back within 48hrs. They don't! If you attempt a walk-in to address your issues, you'll most likely be told to go home without resolution. If you walk-in to pay a bill, they'll gladly spend time with you. The front office is flat out rude with NO interest in helping. Good luck if you experience any "unscheduled" pain. You will find no sympathy; especially from the front office. I would not recommend this practice. I called them last week with questions and concerns about the direction of my care and they still have not returned my call.

July 11th, 2016
Good Doctor, HORRIBLE staff
He and his staff aren't on the same page so if he writes a prescription for you, you better make sure that there isn't any reason for the pharmacy to contact the office because you have better chances of going to the 7-11 near his office and buying a Million dollar winning ticket than to get an accurate response from ANY of his staff. Dr. Ripp himself is a good doctor that is overloaded with patients.

March 31st, 2016
Patient beware
This office is horrible patient beware. The girls at the front desk are always confused, now they have a call center that answers for them that can bearly speak English and don't even pass the message to the doctors office , there are other pain doctors in town call your insurance and find someone else trust me.

February 5th, 2016
I saw Dr Ripp the first time visit. He was attentive and easy to talk to

November 4th, 2015
Best Doctor ever!!!
i love DR.Fran and DR. Ripp. they are very professional. I think what i like best is that DR.Fran will sit with me for an hour if need be to address all my issue's . I love the way she listens and helps right away and she will go out of her way to meet your needs!

October 9th, 2015
First visit over 6 weeks ago with follow up appt scheduled post MRI and physical therapy. 4 weeks of calls to find out about referral, unable to ever reach anyone. Messages left with no response. MRI finally ordered with 2 weeks to follow up appointment. I go for MRI to find out that the wrong body part was ordered. This is extremely concerning as THE PAIN IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE ORDERED PICTURE. THAT IS A MISTAKE IM NOT WILLING TO OVERLOOK. First this, then what? Makes me wonder if anyone is really paying attention. The MRI was completed before I was aware that the wrong part was pictured. This office ordered imagery that had nothing to do with the reason for the need for pain management. If you are seeking pain management, it would be advised to seek elsewhere if you would truly like pain management

April 18th, 2015
Surgery without anesthesia
This monster operated on the nerves in my mother's neck without any anesthesia because she is allergic to what he was going to use and she made a complaint about it.

May 14th, 2014
New Assistant RUDE!!!!!
I have been going to Dr. Ripp for a long time, over 10 years but when he moved up north on Powers things really went south. The only one in his staff that was wonderful was Maryann and I was told by the new assistant that she was fired. The new assistant was very rude to me. When she gave me my prescriptions I noticed that the amount of the medications was not what I normally take, it was less. I told her about it and she said "Do not question the doctor, If you do not like it, you can go to another doctor. I asked her if he told her to say this to me and she said yes. I could not believe what I was hearing. Dr Ripp has always been a good and fair doctor . Once in awhile he says things that I don't agree with but for the most part, I trust him. I hate his appointment hours because they are usually very early in the morning between 5am and 6am. This isn't always a good time for me because I don't sleep well at night. I am trying to be patient because he hasn't been in his new building for very long and I don't want to go to another doctor, but if I am going to be treated badly by his staff I might have to go somewhere else. I live on the very south end of town and it is a long drive in the winter. I also told the assistant that I have an appointment every three months and I get 3 months of refills. She gave me 2 refills and told me I had to come back in 2 months. I am very upset with this woman. Not sure what to do.

August 28th, 2013
Horrible staff
Dr. Ripp is a great Dr. However, his appointment times are insane. Literally if need to see him you have appointment times of like 6 in the morning. He is very rarely in his office and his office receptionist is very unfriendly and borderline rude. She doesn't return calls and is very short with you when you call. I have been waiting to get an epidural for ten weeks. Even though his office hours say from 6-12 he is actually only in his office for a few hours in the very early morning and then is gone and you are forced to deal with his receptionist Ashley. The only reason I keep him is because he takes my insurance and he is nice. But his lack of time being actually available for patients and his rude staff is getting to the point that I may be forced to look for another pain management doctor..... he is nice and caring but his hours are almost as bad as Ashley.....