A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charles Rockwood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Rockwood, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bone Cancer
- Bone Transplantation
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Diseases
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Muscule Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Prosthesis Failure
- Ununited Fractures
Education & Awards
Dr. Rockwood graduated from University of Oklahoma , Oklahoma City. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Rockwood has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- University Health System
- University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rockwood accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan
- Superior Health Plan - 8 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 20 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Charles A. Rockwood practice?
Dr. Charles Rockwood practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.