A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charles Rockwood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Charles Rockwood is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Rockwood
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Rockwood Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Rockwood, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bone Cancer
- Bone Transplantation
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Diseases
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Muscule Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Prosthesis Failure
- Ununited Fractures
Education & Awards
Dr. Rockwood graduated from University of Oklahoma , Oklahoma City. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Rockwood has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- University Health System
- University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Charles A Rockwood MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Charles A. Rockwood practice?
- Dr. Charles Rockwood has 4 office locations.
Dr. Charles Rockwood practices Orthopaedic Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.