Dr. Charles Russey MD Patient Reviews

the best ..

January 10th, 2016
Unbelievably rude!

May 30th, 2015
In my opinion a very good doctor

May 26th, 2015
I was able to get an apt and get on the schedule when I explained how sick I was for 6-7 days although unable to get an apt with a physician group I have used for over 14 years. Dr. Russey was professional, good at asking questions, listening to my responses, and providing me options in a collaborative way based on my responses. I would recommend him to others as you get the high level expertise with small town physician practice model with sensitivity. It is the more common patient experience that you clearly know the physician and/or the practice group has read and studied the latest revenue/patient maximization model of care instead of "patient centric" model of care that Family Medicine physicians practiced 20-30 years ago.

May 7th, 2015
the care he has is rare!!
We have gone to him for 8 years, day 1 you feel comfortable and educated!

July 1st, 2014
unprofessional staff, poor phlebotomy skills
i went to Dr Russy as a referral from a friend, The receptionist was clearly on the phone on a personal call , as i could hear the entire conversation. Then when i went to pay my copayment i had to stand there while she finished texting . Really . Then after a wait in the exam room , Glenna Medical Assistant was very disorganized and seemed to be flustered. I was there for lab I have great veis and she stuck me twice. Where is Emily ???? who got me easily on the first time and pain free. she was cheerful and caring , Now that is all gone . That is too bad.

June 7th, 2013
Be prepared to wait for an hour
I made an appointment based on a recommendation thinking I would switch doctors since this doc is closer to my home. I made it clear when I called for the appointment that I don't like to wait around for a long time after the designated appointment time. The doc sees me at one hour after I told the receptionist that I was going to leave. When doc came in I told him that I was waiting in that little examining room for an hour. His response was ' You are not going to see any doctors around here sooner than I can and we are busy here this morning, you can leave now if you like and I'll refund your payment'. What nerves! I guess he thought he had the right to keep my money which the receptionist collected as soon as I arrived without performing any medical services. After hearing his arrogance, I decided he cannot have any good bedside manners, I told him I'll leave.

May 1st, 2013
Dr Russey is professional knowledgable and a lovely person. He makes the best and most accurate diagnosis I have ever had from a doctor. My entire family sees Dr Russey. Waits are short and when in examination he takes the TIME to answer and explain -a rarity these days with most doctors IMO.. Have been a patient for many years. I even drive from Flower Mound to see him because we have so much respect for this doctor. I refer him to all and would highly recommend him for all the ails you-he is a smart doctor and keeps up with everything in his field.

June 19th, 2012
Lying doctor
Dr. Russey clearly has a lot to learn about bedside manner and getting his facts straight. His staff is irresponsible and the whole experience was rather unpleasant culminating in his calling me a "miserable human being." His staff informed me that there would be no charge for a "follow-up" to a physical. Had they told me there was a charge, I would have insisted on an email of the results given that every single line item was with-in specifications or borderline. (That's inline with every other experience I've had.) Indeed, that makes sense since the "follow-up" consisted of 15 minute wait and a 10 minute "discussion" of my results which yielded a recommendation of "no-action." It was only after I suggested a course of action that he agreed with me and decided to prescribe a medication. About the only redeeming factor of this doctor is that it was easy to get an appointment. With the type of treatment I received it's easy to deduce that he is hemorrhaging patients to better and more qualified doctors. Save your time, see a better doctor.

December 25th, 2011
Dr Russey is amazing
Not only is he smart, funny, and handsome...he's a wonderful doctor. I go to him for gyno, general checkups for meds, and anything else! Love him. & he graduated from UT so that's a major plus for me! Great guy..I refer him to everyone I know:)

December 13th, 2011
Terrible bed side manner...the worst I've encounter. Physicians can truly make a difference in the lives of patients. As a Nurse Practitioner, I have seen this up close. Dr. Russey, although competent, has a egregious bedside manner.

November 2nd, 2011
Actually sets up follow up apointment to review results of physical with you in person. Very good at answering your questions.