Dr. Charles Day MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.0
  • 1 patient rating
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 27th, 2010
What is the problem?
Dr. Day has misread many xrays and has increasing grown worse. One example: I fell and my right thumb was out of socket--the hospital xray staff did three different sets of films--as a ER RN, I could see it was out of joint and so could the xray staff...I kept working like that for three weeks, had them re-xray it--same report: "There is nothing wrong with it.) I finally could not bear the pain while working with it so I went to Beaumont Bone and Joint--took the films with me--the Ortho MD took one look at it and the films and ask me "You mean he could not see that is was out of the joint?" I ended up having to have surgery because it was a torn ligament and that's WHY it would not stay in the joint!! DUHHHHHHHH....I had waited to late and the surgery helped some but at least the Orthopedic surgeon told me it might not work due to the timeframe of allowing it to stay out of joint. Another incident: My grandfather was a patient in the local hospital in the late 1980'S and his MD ordered chest xrays on him---His MD brought the report to his room and told my grandfather he had stage 4 lung cancer!! I took my grandfather out of there and to Houston.....they did xray's and there was no sign of any problems but they did a bronco-wash/biopsy because of the report from Dr. Day.....BIG SURPRISE--no cancer!! Last example: A good friend of mine--another RN that worked with me at Orange hospital--had xray's and mammogram....was told it was normaL--SHE ENDED UP FINDING OUT she had breast cancer--that error caused her life at a young age!! Why is he still allowed to view/read xrays???