Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
Horizon Medical Group
55 E 34th St
New York, NY 10016
212-879-7777
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
by lin on Mar 8th, 2013

I have been a patient for many years. He is a very kind, caring and intelligent doctor. He always is very helpful to me. He is one of the best gastroenterologists!

|  Very pleasedf  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

Been my doctor for over 20 years and think he is caring, professional and a fine diagnostition.

|  worst service and caring  |  show details
May 9th, 2011

i have hoped that a doctor will be on his patient side, he made me feel unimportant and made me go through unneeded procedure and expenses.i would recommend not to get near this doctor.

|  Avoid this doctor!  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2011

I suffer from GERD. I saw Dr. Silvera for a consultation. He interrupted me repeatedly, so that I was never able to give him a clear and full statement of my symptoms. He left the room several times, for lengthy discussion about other patients. He seemed most interested in getting rid of me, and in referring me to another doctor for various diagnostic tests. He was generally irritable. Avoid this doctor!

|  Hands down, nicest doctor  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2011

I saw Dr. Silvera while temporarily out of state. He always explained all my options for treating my flare-ups of ulcerative colitis, frequently got second opinions, and didn't hesitate to call and collaborate with my gastro I saw from home. He is very caring, and great at following up. He continued to follow up on me when I left the state very sick, and I know I can always count on him for a second opinion.

|  Excellent Caring Doctor  |  show details
by Danny Levine on Oct 14th, 2010

I have been going to Dr Silvera for a few years and he has always been caring and accurate. I would highly recommend him as an excellent doctor!

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2010

I've been seeing Dr Silvera for about five years now and I really feel good about the way he handles my annual physicals - very thorough.

|  Horrible bedside manner, highly unprofessional  |  show details
by AK on Apr 4th, 2010

Long wait times, rude tone, undermines a patients' symptoms, seems to believe they're hypochondriacs or something. Bedside manner is HORRID.

|  Completely Irresponsible - Almost Died In His "Care"  |  show details
by Anonymous on Jul 18th, 2008

I do NOT recommend this doctor- I would have died if I stayed in his care. He was dismissive, rude, standoffish and cocky. I was not feeling well and he was unable to diagnose me. Instead of investigating further, he suggested I go on bedrest, which he said would get rid of the problem. Instead, I collasped, was rushed to the ER where I was told I would die within days without a liver transplant. I recently learned that he has another patient who had the same genetic condition I had, and yet, this didn't raise a red flag with him. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.