Dr. Charles Slack MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

December 8th, 2016
Dr. Slack and his office personnel are the best! I highly recommend Dr. Slack

May 16th, 2016
Dr. Slack performed a bilateral mastectomy for me in late 2014. I asked that he make the implants (silicone) as close to my natural size as possible, which he did including my request for "no space" between. My patient care by him and his staff was sensitive and professional which I appreciated very much. In retrospect, I should have gone with a C rather than the D because the implants are heavy and I need to wear a bra all of the time or my skin above the implants feels very stretched if I don't provide support. He, and his staff, were excellent in answering my questions and addressing my concerns. There was pain which was not expected on the breast that had been radiated 20 years earlier and of course that tissue reacted differently. He worked with me by providing massage and pain meds which provided relief. I trust him and will see him for other services as well.

February 19th, 2016
Best experience with unbelievable great results
Dr. Slack and his staff were perfection during every step of my breast augmentation journey. There is a calm and peaceful feel to every visit...when my nerves were stressed, my uncertainty was high (how do I know what I want??). Results are beyond my expectations. My experience was so amazing, I would do it again with zero hesitation.

July 27th, 2015
I had a breast reduction 8 months ago and I could not have asked for a better doctor. He has an excellent bedside manner and he cares about his patients. I can't begin to tell you how much he changed my life for the better. Dr. Slack & his staff are amazing and went above and beyond to help me through this experience. I'm beyond happy with my results and would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone.

January 14th, 2014
Exceptional
I had a BA just 12 days ago.. Dr. Slack has already exceeded my expectations. Living in Dallas its like Plastic Surgeons are on every corner. I visited multiple offices and came back to Dr. Slack. He spent time explaining procedure and I left with very realistic expectations, he is not a Dr. that is going to make you look out of wack!!! My results are awesome!!! I have had multiple procedures with another PS and I love Dr. Slack!!! He rocks and he has given me back my confidence!! I tell everyone that asks about him and his office staff!!

December 27th, 2013
Epitome of perfection and professionalism
Dr. Slack and his staff are very courteous, attentive and genuinely concerned. The level of professional courtesy and privacy, extended to me, was beyond my expectation. Nurses are well-educated and very supportive during pre-op procedures, as well as post surgical visits. I found Dr. Slack to be very thorough in his descriptions and explanations. He takes responsibility and pride in his work, far more serious, than other surgeons I have experienced in my past. He has a tremendous bedside manner and showed concern for all aspects of my overnight stay. The nursing staff, in the hospital, think highly of him, which also speaks well to his bedside manner and overall concern and time spent with patients. I cannot say enough wonderful things about my experience and the positive outcome I have had. I will recommend Dr. Slack and his staff to anyone who seeks information. I would go back for other procedures without hesitation.

November 15th, 2013
Happy!
Having over 20 surgeries for a birth defect I was very apprehensive meeting Dr. Slack for an unrelated problem. I have had a lifetime of experiences with plastic surgeons, so I feel I am very well qualified to form an opinion of this doctor. At our first meeting, I was shocked by his demeanor, he was unhurried, very calming, making me feel I was his only patient, caring and attentive. He made suggestions for me to think about before scheduling the surgery. He was very informative and addressed all my concerns without hesitation. And he listened to make certain we both had the same expectations for the final results I wanted. He makes himself personally available to his patients by emails.......who does this? He also called me the night of the surgery to check on me. I am now 6 weeks post operative and although I have one issue as before the surgery, I am happy with my results. During my last visit to his office, I told him in my lifetime, I have seen a zillion doctors for my birth defect and have had more than my share of experiences with plastic surgeons and Dr. Slack has to be the nicest doctor I have ever been to. Oh! And please don't let me forget to mention Debbie and Stephanie, he is the cake and they are the icing on the cake! I have a P/S that is a world renowned famous surgeon here in Dallas, that I have over 25 years history with, but my choice is Dr. Slack because of his availability to his patients, his style in handing his patients and the girls in the office. Thank you Dr. Slack for all your help, it is truly appreciated!

September 30th, 2013
Fantastic Doctor!
Doctor Slack is a dedicated man and skilled surgeon and that shows through with the results that I have from my surgeries. I had a breast augmentation and a full tummy tuck and all I can say is wow. I can tell how much care and time he took during my operation to get me such results. I am 6 months post-op and my scars are so thin and smooth, I barely pay them any mind. I'm not going to lie, the pain was terrible for the first three days, I felt like I got hit by a truck, but those three days were the worst of it. I did not opt to get the pain pumps or the drains and I am so glad that I didn't. They would have left an extra scar and the pain wasn't nearly that unbearable! Now drains would have made my swelling go away quicker and I was a little impatient but once again I was happy that I opted not to have them. It was worth the wait and every ounce of discomfort, because it is painful. It's surgery! The staff there are also wonderful and so very kind. They would always call to confirm or call me after my operation just to see how I was doing. Dr. Slacks bedside manner and care goes above and beyond. He gave me his cell number before the operation just in case I thought of any questions or if I was just worried. He even called me the night of to see how I was feeling. I just knew at that moment that everything was going to be fine; that I was in the right hands. After experiencing this first hand I can honestly say that in the future if I ever needed it again I would do it in a heartbeat if Dr. Slack was my surgeon. The results I have today was worth it all. Thank you Dr. Slack.

April 1st, 2013
3 Surgies in a few weeks time still bad result
My experience is that Dr Slack has two sides, the caring side then the rude condesending side. I had breast augmentation, two days later back in for another surgery to clear a blood clot and i was like okay things happen. But during my 2nd surgery i woke up under anthesoesia and dr slack asked my husband if i had drug problem. So after the 2nd surgery my breast folded in half where i had been cut in my arealoa so i went back and I was treated extremely poorly and when i told dr slack that i was depressed about the outcome of my surgery instead of consoling me he told me that I need a pshychiatrist. So i went home told my husband and i refused to go back to my follow up without my husband. Wentt in with my husband and Dr Slack said he was sorry for what he had said and we scheduled another surgery. Yes you heard correct surgery #3 for breast augmentation in less than 3 weeks time. So had surgery #3 and things are still messed up but I have refused to go back and have him attempt to correct it again. This has all caused me so much greif that I got so depressed that I lost my job. I spent the money i had to get my augmentation, I dont have the money to see another Dr. and I am in belief that my left side has been ruptured since the 3rd surgery, experience extreme pain and swelling in my right side. Bottom line my experience is that Dr Slack doesnt like to hear that something he did went wrong and if you tell him he is less than perfect he will treat you very poorly. And I agree with the other Review, he doenst know how to cut a straight line, my lines arent straight either, but I am sure he wouldnt say that was his fault he would have an exuse for that too!

March 26th, 2013
Just an amazing experience, this is the one you want!
Thank you Dr Slack, you are one of a kind and you have a fan for life! 3 months ago I had a hernia that had destroyed my belly button at the same time I wanted to do a tummy tuck. Not going to inflate the truth because I was scared as this was my first procedure I have ever had so I was very hesitant. I was referred to Dr Charles Slack from a very trusted friend. After meeting with him it sealed the deal as he was straight forward, honest and explained everything with a comfort about it and about him. Its been the best choice I made because he and his staff have just been just phenomenal along the way. He didn't try to promise me anything but reality and I certainly wasn't looking to have a barbie body afterwards but what a huge difference it has made and has changed my quality of life. He came on the holiday weekend to check on me, he meet my husband late at night to get me a stronger pain pill prescription, he personally called my husband to check on how I was doing. What a great bedside manner this is the one you want on your side for a procedure. He monitored the hospital stay very closely along with oxygen levels and came and did all the re-bandaging himself. I am so grateful to him and his staff!

October 18th, 2012
Doctor dedicated to patient
Dr. Slack is soft spoken. He gives full eye contact and full attention when the patient is speaking. His diagnostic and surgical skills are excellent. He listens to the patient .. I would recommend him to anyone who needs his area of expertise and he will refer if he feels that this is what the patient needs.

October 17th, 2012
Dr. Slack is the greatest
I could not be more pleased with Dr. Slack and the excellent surgery he performed on me. He took a large amount of time explaining what he would do and what to expect. I would recommend him to anyone who needed his services.