Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Great experience, love Dr. Stroud and his staff! show details Great experience, love Dr. Stroud and his staff!
Mar 8th, 2016

I am so happy I found Dr. Stroud. I had been having pain for years in my foot and had seen other doctors, but no one figured out what was causing my pain. Dr. Stroud was able to figure it out and do the surgery to correct it. The surgery went great and I'm happy to be pain free ever since. I tell everyone about Dr. Stroud because he truly made my life better by taking the pain away. I'm even exercising and running again!

Messed up my ankle show details Messed up my ankle
Jan 6th, 2016

I had an ankle surgery that went bad. A year later he did another ankle surgery cause my ankle was a mess, swollen, and very painful to walk. I went through physical therapy 4 times and my ankle still wasn't right. I have suffered for 8 years. He got tired of seeing me, and became very rude. The last time I was there, I waited in the room for an hour and a half. I went into the hall and asked a nurse if the doctor was going to see me, and she said...I don't know. She walked away, I got my stuff and left. The office never called me back. I found a different surgeon that fixed my ankle.

Dec 30th, 2015

I initially saw a different surgeon for knee pain which was presumed to be a torn meniscus. That surgeon told me nothing was wrong and sent me on my way with a prescription for a month of physical therapy and then allowed me to play another season of soccer at the collegiate level. After another season enduring pain, I decided to see Dr. Stroud. He looked at my initial MRI and said he thought he saw something so ordered another one that 100% showed a huge tear in my meniscus (almost completely in half). I had surgery in the winter and by the beginning of summer I was running and training for my next season of soccer. Awesome staff! Loved Melissa as well as Dr. Stroud, both are so compassionate and caring and extremely helpful!

Jan 22nd, 2015

Dr. Stroud is one of the best doctors that I have ever seen. He is caring and compassionate. I tore my Labrium and my rotator cup three years ago and he did a fantastic job.

Jan 15th, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Stroud for about 4 years for osteoarthritis in my knees. He has helped manage my pain. Also helped me heal when I had a problem with a rotator cuff (shoulder), and torn ligaments. He is kind, he cares, and he listens to his patients. Highly recommend!

Great staff show details Great staff
Mar 6th, 2014

Everything about my surgery went very well and stress free.

by Ron H. on Nov 16th, 2013

I am very impressed with the entire staff at the Troy office. It is spotlessly clean, organized, runs on time, and exudes a compelling combination of care and confidence. Dr. Stroud is very personable, and evidently sets the tone for the entire office. It is friendly, and runs like a well-oiled machine. Oh, and did I happen to mention that the medical care I have received in numerous visits there has been excellent?

Excellent experience. show details Excellent experience.
by G.M. on Nov 7th, 2013

Very professional and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Stroud.

The pain is gone show details The pain is gone
by Connie L. Williamson on Oct 14th, 2013

I was in a lot pain for about six or seven years. Dr Stroud told me," The only way to stop the pain was to have surgery." Boy! was he right, I had a total shoulder replacement, and now no pain. If I know of anyone that needed replacement surgery I would recommend him.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
by Brian S. on Oct 3rd, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Stroud to anyone who has any kind of sports injury where you need an orthopedic surgeon. He is very personable and knowledgeable, takes time to explain the injury and treatment and he has great follow through as you are healing. I worked with him on my broken collarbone and I'm completely satisfied with his treatment.

Really? show details Really?
Sep 24th, 2013

I was in for my ankle not that long ago... walks in i guess an assistant or PA....did I ask for a PA or a DR? She acted like she was in a hurry...very unprofessional. BTW please when talking or laughing about a patient make sure you talk quietly we heard it all...The State as well as my insurance company will be notified. Never again

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Aug 28th, 2013

Took my son into see this dr. They called and asked me to come early. So I did... Why I waited forever then got called back he got his X-ray of his foot. Waited waited and then his assistant comes in and talks with us a lil . Did a lil exam and said a few things she was very nice but she wasn't even sure. So she left to go look at X-rays comes back and of course I knew she would say it... He needs a MRI ... So I said okay then asked well isn't Dr. Stroud going to come in? She tells me no he will see me next visit! Last I checked I made an appointment with a specialist not an assistant.. So I left with nothing resolved but a big bill... And of course un answered questions... I don't even know if I will go back or just find another dr.

very satisfied show details very satisfied
by joseph on May 23rd, 2013

I went to Dr Stroud with a deformity of my ankle and foot. I wanted to continue to be active. He listened to my problem and offered me several alternatives. He finally operated on my foot and now it is significantly improved so that I am able to do the activities that I enjoy. I would highly recommend him.

Run, don't walk show details Run, don't walk
by Unhappy patient on Apr 22nd, 2013

Dr. Stroud diagnosed a Morton's neuroma in my left foot. He removed the neuroma, but a stump neuroma developed in its place. I kept going to see him to find out why the pain in my foot wasn't better. I asked if it could be a stump neuroma, and he said, "Absolutely not." He also told me to see a plastic surgeon to get botox-like injections in my left foot to ease the pain. This sounded like very strange advice to me. I decided to see another foot doctor who stated I definitely had a stump neuroma in my foot, and that I probably had a second Morton's neuroma in my foot that hadn't been removed. The second doctor was also perplexed by the suggestion of seeing a plastic surgeon. Stay away from Dr. Stroud. I have severe nerve damage in my foot, and I still wrestle with whether or not I should get the stump neuroma removed three years after the surgery. If I do have another surgery, it will be with an outstanding doctor whose credentials I have thoroughly researched.

Oct 18th, 2012

I had surgeries on both feet, 6 weeks apart. The timing provided time to ensure healing and functionality. Had never had surgery before and was extreamly pleased with the surgical center and the care I recieved. I was back to walking 5 miles 8 weeks after the second surgery....

Great Visits! show details Great Visits!
May 18th, 2012

I took my mother to see Dr Stroud. Very happy with the experience. Surgery turned out excellent and she is much better and happier now.

not happy with outcome show details not happy with outcome
May 4th, 2012

after 2 surgeries and being ignored several times I would never recommend this Dr. I will never be the same and I am stuck to deal with this for the rest of my life.

Office visit. show details Office visit.
Mar 20th, 2012

I was told by my doctor to see this doctor because he would take care of both my knee and foot at the same time. Called to make an appointment and was told he would only see me for one or the other so which one do I want taken care of first. Seriously! Went somewhere else.

Excellent show details Excellent
Jan 3rd, 2012

This physician spent time with me, educated me about my problem and offered several options to solve the problem. Very much appreciated. Very pleased

Jan 27th, 2011

What a wonderful Doctor. Great bedside manner and surgeon. I went to 3 different Doctors and they didn't know what was wrong with my knee. He diagnosed me, treated my knee and 6 months later I am now pain free. I highly recommend him!