A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charles Black:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Charles Black is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Black, MD is board certified in Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Experimental Diabetes Mellitus
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Black graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Black has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
- Baylor Regional Medical Center At Grapevine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Black accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 6 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- Cook Children’s Health Plan - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Charles T. Black practice?
Dr. Charles Black practices Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Pediatrics near Fort Worth, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Plano, TX and Grapevine, TX.
See Fort Worth Surgeons, Fort Worth Pediatric Surgeons, and Fort Worth Pediatricians.