Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

West End
2223 Worley Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
318-473-0773
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

|  Not suitable for child patients  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2014

We got to our appointment 30 min early as directed and spent 2 1/2 hours waiting to be seen. This doctor does not make much eye contact. He does not listen well. He shows little interest in the child he is supposed to be tending to. His diagnosis was way off. One appointment was all it took to ask for a new referral for a pediatric neurologist. I do not recommend children to be seen by this physician. We finally found our answers at LSU Children's Neurology Shreveport, LA.

|  No nonsense  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2012

Tells it like it is, but really caring and has a great sense of humor.

|  Caring and Considerate  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

My 13 month old was having some problems so we scheduled an appointment with Dr. Ugokwe. As a new patient we had paper work to fill out so the wait was expected and well worth it. When we were called back to a room the nurse was friendly and helpful. Dr. Ugokwe came in and said hello and asked what type of problems we were having, he asked lot's of questions and answered mine. He was nice and caring, he laughed and smiled several times while he was in the room with us. My son reached out to him and he took him and talked to him. That was a huge comfort to me to have a Dr. take a minute to hold my baby. I tell everyone about him and highly recommend him to any and all

|  show details
Feb 14th, 2011

Rude, hateful, uninterested in all of patients problems. prescribed child a mediciane that isn't approved for children and counteracts other problems patient is having. it has a seditive in it that is very habit forming. will never see this doctor again. makes you wait 2 weeks for results when the have them within 48 hours. make you come back for another appointment to get results.

|  Stab in the back  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2011

I began seeing this doc in 2007, at first he was great, did some test and said he could fix the problem, I was shocked. He put me on some medicine and it did fine for a while, eventually the effect of this medicine wasnt enough. I went back and he added another medicine to take with that one, it has worked great since. The medicines are very expensive, so I talked with him about having surgery, he referred me to 4 different doctors and when I talked with one of them and decided that they had what it took to do the job, and I trusted them, I went back to Dr. Ugokwe's office to let him know. Well his reaction from then on has been horrible. I didnt use the doctor that was in the hospital, where Dr. Ugokwe is at, and I was pretty much told that I was on my own. I had to have a form filled out once to get my drivers license back, he did that and I got them, but since I didnt use this doctor he referred me to, so he could make money off of it, I had another paper I needed to get filled out so I could go back to work, I hadn't been in to see him other than to talk about having surgery, and this time he puts on the paper that my seizures weren't under control. So now I lose a great job. All because he can't control the situation and make money, because I didnt let someone do surgery on me that I didnt trust.

|  No follow up and FED UP  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2010

I have been waiting 5 weeks for a test result and called in today and was told it will most likely be 2 more weeks. 7 weeks to wait for a test result? The staff is RUDE. They don't want to help you in any way shape or form. At one point one of them got very ugly with me. As soon as I get these results, I will not be going back to this office. He may be a nice man, but as far as the office and how it's run, it is BAD. He needs new adequate staff, and maybe a partner to help take the load off. That way he could spend more time taking care of his patients. I went last year for my first appt and went thru all the testing. Got results back after calling and calling , but NO follow up appt, no plan to follow, no prescriptions, nothing to DO for my migraines. Now they are so severe, I am having them almost every day. Once again, I won't be going back. And that's sad.

|  Not good with kids or adults for that matter...  |  show details
May 18th, 2010

Initial checkup was very rushed. Within 10 min. he was saying that he thought our son had PDD (type of autism). Getting another opinion because he didn't even look at our son. He didn't introduce himself and barely even looked at us. Just went back to get the MRI, EEG results today. The first thing he said in an mean tone was "What are you here for?" So we had to explain to him (even though his chart was right in front of him). He said the MRI showed an enlarged lymph node and then started reading some jargon off of the chart that we didn't understand. He then said "take his shirt off" (no please). Then he sent us down to get the MRI films. Why he didn't have these when we arrived I don't know. It would have been helpful for him to explain them. We had to go down to the MRI dept. and ask to see soemone there that could explain them! He seemed ticked if you asked a question (like in a hurry).Needless to say we will not be going back to him.

|  Won't be going back!  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2009

I left this doctors appointment feeling very disregarded and disappointed. Dr. Ugokwe never made eye contact with me, was very abrupt, cut me off before I could even finish answering his questions and didn't have any interest in trying to help my child feel comfortable with him at all. My child even whispered to me while he was being examined, "Is he a nice man?" I'm not going back to him and am going to follow up with a different neurologist. There is a reason it's easy to get an appointment with him!

|  show details
Oct 13th, 2009

Never even made eye contact during visit. Hard to believe he is certified as a pediatric neurologist. He should not be working with children since he was very impatient and abrubt.