Dr. Charles Ugokwe Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Ugokwe?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

July 3rd, 2017

Horrible bedside manner. Barely performed any sort of evaluation. Rude. Had to drive 3.5 hrs to see him, and is probably one of the rudest medical professionals I have EVER seen. he should really look at all his ratings, they are all bad.

April 20th, 2016

Poor desk staff!! Front desk woman whom i believed is named Keisha, was a mean and angry attitude. She needs to be fired to get a better review!! The doctor and other staff is good to great!

February 18th, 2016

Only local Neuro

All staff seemed as though it was there first job. Errors in schedules, paperwork, billing, etc. Staff very short and rude, especially his nurse. Only Neuro in Alexandria leaves people with no choice.

January 5th, 2016

Sick to my stomach,wasted my time

Should have listened to my gut instinct from day one with the receptionist. This receptionist and staff were very rude and short with me and my 5 year old. The doctor never addressed us as patients, asked a few questions and examined my child so fast he couldn't have gotten any information toward a diagnosis. He never looked him in the eye except when he examined his eyes. He never called me or my child by name and was very sharp with his commands. He kept looking at his computer and took no note of my reactions to his treatment. I would never subject anyone to this kind of treatment. Please do not visit this doctor!

September 18th, 2015

He is a great Dr.

July 3rd, 2015

No recommendations for this one...

The man is rude and arrogant and seems ill qualified in his field. He was unable to diagnose my problem which another doctor was able to do in ten minutes. I think this guy doesn't like white people. I wouldn't go to him for first aid.

April 30th, 2012

No nonsense

Tells it like it is, but really caring and has a great sense of humor.

March 2nd, 2011

Caring and Considerate

My 13 month old was having some problems so we scheduled an appointment with Dr. Ugokwe. As a new patient we had paper work to fill out so the wait was expected and well worth it. When we were called back to a room the nurse was friendly and helpful. Dr. Ugokwe came in and said hello and asked what type of problems we were having, he asked lot's of questions and answered mine. He was nice and caring, he laughed and smiled several times while he was in the room with us. My son reached out to him and he took him and talked to him. That was a huge comfort to me to have a Dr. take a minute to hold my baby. I tell everyone about him and highly recommend him to any and all

February 14th, 2011

Rude, hateful, uninterested in all of patients problems. prescribed child a mediciane that isn't approved for children and counteracts other problems patient is having. it has a seditive in it that is very habit forming. will never see this doctor again. makes you wait 2 weeks for results when the have them within 48 hours. make you come back for another appointment to get results.

January 21st, 2011

Stab in the back

I began seeing this doc in 2007, at first he was great, did some test and said he could fix the problem, I was shocked. He put me on some medicine and it did fine for a while, eventually the effect of this medicine wasnt enough. I went back and he added another medicine to take with that one, it has worked great since. The medicines are very expensive, so I talked with him about having surgery, he referred me to 4 different doctors and when I talked with one of them and decided that they had what it took to do the job, and I trusted them, I went back to Dr. Ugokwe's office to let him know. Well his reaction from then on has been horrible. I didnt use the doctor that was in the hospital, where Dr. Ugokwe is at, and I was pretty much told that I was on my own. I had to have a form filled out once to get my drivers license back, he did that and I got them, but since I didnt use this doctor he referred me to, so he could make money off of it, I had another paper I needed to get filled out so I could go back to work, I hadn't been in to see him other than to talk about having surgery, and this time he puts on the paper that my seizures weren't under control. So now I lose a great job. All because he can't control the situation and make money, because I didnt let someone do surgery on me that I didnt trust.

December 8th, 2010

No follow up and FED UP

I have been waiting 5 weeks for a test result and called in today and was told it will most likely be 2 more weeks. 7 weeks to wait for a test result? The staff is RUDE. They don't want to help you in any way shape or form. At one point one of them got very ugly with me. As soon as I get these results, I will not be going back to this office. He may be a nice man, but as far as the office and how it's run, it is BAD. He needs new adequate staff, and maybe a partner to help take the load off. That way he could spend more time taking care of his patients. I went last year for my first appt and went thru all the testing. Got results back after calling and calling , but NO follow up appt, no plan to follow, no prescriptions, nothing to DO for my migraines. Now they are so severe, I am having them almost every day. Once again, I won't be going back. And that's sad.

May 18th, 2010

Not good with kids or adults for that matter...

Initial checkup was very rushed. Within 10 min. he was saying that he thought our son had PDD (type of autism). Getting another opinion because he didn't even look at our son. He didn't introduce himself and barely even looked at us. Just went back to get the MRI, EEG results today. The first thing he said in an mean tone was "What are you here for?" So we had to explain to him (even though his chart was right in front of him). He said the MRI showed an enlarged lymph node and then started reading some jargon off of the chart that we didn't understand. He then said "take his shirt off" (no please). Then he sent us down to get the MRI films. Why he didn't have these when we arrived I don't know. It would have been helpful for him to explain them. We had to go down to the MRI dept. and ask to see soemone there that could explain them! He seemed ticked if you asked a question (like in a hurry).Needless to say we will not be going back to him.