Dr. Charles Love MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 6th, 2015
Knowledgable and caring

July 27th, 2015
I have been Dr. Love's patient for many years & the reason for that is no matter what the situation with my skin or scalp, Dr. Love always has an accurate diagnosis & treatment plan. I tell him he's the "rock star" of dermatologists. I would absolutely recommend him any time!

June 15th, 2015
Great experience. Friendly staff. Dr. Love is an excellent at diagnosis.

January 7th, 2015
My apt seemed rushed.

September 28th, 2013
Wait till your bill arrives...OUCH!!
Ask what they charge in advance! Thier prices are astronomical!!!!!

September 23rd, 2013
I won't go back!!!
I have been a patient of Dr. Love's for many years and have always received great care from him and his office staff, however, last week I was there with my nieces and saw Mark, who is a nurse practitioner or something. Mark was great as well, but his nurse was rude from the minute she walked in the room. She didn't greet us and then snapped at my 7 year old niece for touching a stool. SERIOUSLY, just touching it. She did not make eye contact with any of the three of us even once and was not the least bit nice or welcoming. I spoke with her on the phone this morning and she was every bit as rude as she was in the office and when I mentioned that I thought she was being rude she hung up on me. I am sorry to say that I will not return to this clinic and I will make sure that everyone, especially people with children and/or people who are other than caucasion, know what to expect if they choose to go there. I can't believe that if Dr. Love knows how she is treating patients, that she is still employed there.

July 23rd, 2013
Cancer Surgery
My hairdresser had noticed a changing spot on my hairline, she said I should have it checked out. I made an appt with Dr Love. The biopsy confirmed a cancer. I was having MOHS surgery 1 week later. Dr Love was so kind explaining everything. I was never in any pain during the entire procedure. The nurses were great. Everything was explained to me and went just as they had said. I did have some discomfort for a few days after the surgery and the nurses called and checked on me. I am so pleased with the professionalism and quality of care from the entire staff. My husband is seeing Dr Love also. We would recommend Dr Love and his office to everyone.

January 18th, 2013
What a SCAM!
Agree with all the other negative reviews. This Dr. is about money. Rude and doesn't seem to care. Limited treatment options. Pushes many return " retreatment" visits, under treats in order to extend follow ups, likes expensive treatment options ie: MOHs surgery and patch allergy testing. Practitioner staff seemed like undertrained robots. So many better options in town for dermatological care.

July 29th, 2012
By far the best dermatologist in Iowa and beyond. Caring and compassionate and explains things well

May 25th, 2012
Money is the root of everything
This doctor is terrible, he just walks in doesnt give two shits about you. Prescribes something after 1 min and just walks out. Doesn't even take the time to talk with you and figure things out. Then wants to reschedule you all the time so he can make more money off you. He just gives 1 refill and expects you to come back and pay another 15 co-pay to get another refill.

November 25th, 2011
I don't want anyone to go through what my husband did.
My husband went to Dr. Love to have a cyst removed from his knee. Out of the 4 or 5 office visits he had he only saw Dr. Love at the original consultation & the doctor spent maybe 10 minutes with him at most. The in-office surgery was done at his second visit & it was done by Dr. Love's assistant, Christina Warren. She basically took a scalpel and butchered his knee. He went back a few days later with major bleeding. All she did was wrap it and sent him home. He went back to the office a few days later with signs of an infection which she didn't treat with the seriousness the situation called for. Three days later we had to make a trip to the ER because she finally said she didn't have the medication to treat him, but she didn't call the ER with instructions as she told us she would so we spent 7 hours in the ER due to the lack of information. Ultimately, after seeing our primary care physician,we were told she had cut into the bursa sack and allowed him to develope a raging infection. (Not once did Christina ever have Dr. Love exam the bleeding infected knee. My husband was referred to an orthopedic surgeon (which we discovered is where Dr. Love should have referred us,instead of doing surgery in his office)and my husband was in surgery 2 days later having his bursa removed. The infection had gotten so bad that before everyting was said and done my husband went back to the hospital 2 more times. One stay lasted 3 days during which he was on IV antibiotics and morphine to help with the excruciating pain. He had a 2nd emergency surgery and was later sent to an infectious disease specialist. My husband had a pic line inserted and for 6 weeks a nurse came to our home at least twice a day to administer more IV antibiotics. Dr. Love & Christina Warren cost my husband 6 months off work & all the medical costs for mulitple surgeries, ER visits, hospital stays,home healthcare and many many follow up visits with the ortho, infectious disease, and our pcp. And on top of it all Dr. Love and his staff never showed any concern for what my husband was suffering. After the 7 hour ER visit we never heard from Dr. Love's office again. What we suffered because of Dr. Love's poor judgement has taken a huge phyisical, mental, & emotional toll on us. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I feel it's my responsibility to inform others & hopefully keep someone else from going through the samething.

July 14th, 2011
Condescending Dr and Staff
I had a terrible experience with this doctor and staff!!! I ditto the condescending review that was made before me. Will never go to this office again.