A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charles Whitten:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Whitten, MD is board certified in Anesthesiology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Whitten graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Whitten has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
- Parkland Health & Hospital System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Whitten accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 1 plan