Dr. Charles Witten, MD
Urology
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Doctor  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2014

This office is great. The doctors and staff are wonderful. Great results !!!!

|  Awful  |  show details
by Anonymous on Oct 15th, 2014

Where do I start? My first appointment I went after having had a CT scan showing kidney stones. He called my stones "insignificant" even though I had one 4.6 mm (try passing that) and continuously made fun of the fact that I was obviously constipated. He was nice otherwise and did additional tests including one for cancer. I called his office repeatedly for the results of the cancer test and no one ever returned my call. Finally after pushing it, I got an answer and it was rude. Its not like I was calling for something silly, it was cancer results and they acted put out. Then they wanted me to come in for an ultra sound which I did. I waited over an hour to be told he could be another 2 hours. I left. So I never knew if I passed that stone or not. A year later, I am having symptoms again. I go in for an appointment and after waiting an hour I'm told he will be another 1/2 hour. Ok since I have symptoms I wait. Then I'm told after another 1/2 hour he is not coming in at all as he is sick. Are you kidding me? They do an ultra sound so my time was not in vain and call me two days later to tell me he said my kidneys are swollen and require further evaluation but I can see someone else if I want. Who? At this point they have all my history. I ask the woman calling me a few questions to which she replies that she doesn't know as she's not a doctor. Well wouldn't you expect the patient to have questions and have someone knowledgeable call you? Then she was extremely rude and I could tell she didn't want me to return I guess cause I was not happy for wasting my time on more than one occasion. The nerve I have, I guess. I said I will see his associate instead - maybe I'll have more luck with him and he will show up for appointments. Then she schedules it over two weeks out. Someone is having pain and swollen kidneys, but wait two more weeks. She can't schedule a CT scan cause I need to be seen by the doctor first. Well I was just there yesterday. Now I have to go back for the same thing. Meanwhile in pain. I will see this through and then change. Can't believe the rudeness of staff and unprofessionalism and they truly do not care about patient's well being.

|  prostate exam  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2013

When I was seen for the first time I suppose to get prescription to get my psa level checked. Staff forgot to give me one so I called back the following day and was told it will be sent through the mail. One week passed and nothing came so on the day I was scheduled to go to the lab I had to call again and remind them about prescription, only then it was sent to the lab via fax. After being seen twice and since my psa was 6.3 doctor recommended biopsy which was scheduled in two weeks. I had family emergency and had to leave the country so I called doctor to inform his staff about my trip and it was agreed to call them back upon return. When I came back found the letter from dr witten stating that I was discharged from his office since I did not follow his medical advice?? I think this guy has been just ridiculous.

|  Don't Trust  |  show details
by Jason S. on Nov 7th, 2013

I wish I would have done a little research first, because my experience with this doctor was exactly like one of the other reviews here regarding this man's attitude. The only good thing that come from the way he acted, was that it made me go somewhere else and I found out that he had misread my blood work. Do not trust this doctor.

|  Would not Recommend Dr. Charles Witten  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2013

Dr. Charles Witten doesn’t spend a lot of time with patients. He doesn’t like to answer questions. He does unnecessary procedures. He is not always accurate in his diagnosis.

|  Look for Another Doctor  |  show details
by Charles M. on Mar 19th, 2013

Dr. Witten is the worst doctor I have ever been to. He was condescending, sarcastic, arrogant and just plain rude. He would not let me finish a sentence when we were discussing my problem without interrupting me. Every time he asked me a question he would hold his hands up in the air, and get a sarcastic expression on his face and lean his head forward (Picture someone saying are you going to hurry up) and then still not let me finish speaking. While reviewing my blood work he would take the paper he had in his hand, and literally throw it up in the air when he was finished looking at it, and left them laying all over. Perhaps I caught him on a bad day, maybe he felt bad that day, whatever the reason, his actions and attitude was insulting and appalling. Reading the other reviews here (if not left by office staff) it appears some people had good luck with him. That was not my experience at all. There is no way I would trust this man to make a decision that could have an affect on the rest of my life. If you need a urologist my advice would be to go elsewhere if at all possible. I wasted a few hours of my time and my hard earned money just to be talked down to. The new doctor I went to actually helped me, so I see how far off this man was. Regards, Charles

|  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

Great humor. Takes his time with you.

|  Excellent Ivy League educated Orlando Urologist.  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2012

An extremely intelligent physician with excellent patient care