Dr. Charles Witten, MD
Video profile
210 Rinehart Rd
Lake Mary, FL 32746
(407) 307-3505
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  worst urologist in Orlando  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2013

This doctor should not be in practice. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then his photo will tell you everything about his personality. What kind of doctor would discharge a cancer patient in the middle of their treatments? A doctor who has no compassion and doesn’t care about his patients. All I wanted was to wait until I got my test results back to see if my treatments worked and my cancer was in remission. Instead, he insisted I undergo very expensive and possibly unnecessary testing right away. When I tried to explain to him I wanted to wait till all my lab tests came back, he agreed. The next week when I did not set the appointment for the testing since my lab results were delayed one week, he had his office send me a discharge letter along with my lab results and told me never to come back. Leaving me high and dry without a doctor. During my treatments I followed all my doctor’s orders. I was a good patient. This doctor is cruel. When he cystoscoped me after my cancer treatments, he tried to scare me into the hospital by telling me how terrible my bladder looked. After the discharge, I then went to a major teaching hospital that specializes in bladder cancer and the urologic oncologist told me my bladder looked terrific and took random biopsies which came back negative. No cancer. I would not recommend my dog to him. Any doctor that does not have compassion for a cancer patient and leaves them with no doctor should not be practicing medicine because he puts his patient at risk. I would not treat an animal like that. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this doctor.

|  prostate exam  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2013

When I was seen for the first time I suppose to get prescription to get my psa level checked. Staff forgot to give me one so I called back the following day and was told it will be sent through the mail. One week passed and nothing came so on the day I was scheduled to go to the lab I had to call again and remind them about prescription, only then it was sent to the lab via fax. After being seen twice and since my psa was 6.3 doctor recommended biopsy which was scheduled in two weeks. I had family emergency and had to leave the country so I called doctor to inform his staff about my trip and it was agreed to call them back upon return. When I came back found the letter from dr witten stating that I was discharged from his office since I did not follow his medical advice?? I think this guy has been just ridiculous.

|  Don't Trust  |  show details
by Jason S. on Nov 7th, 2013

I wish I would have done a little research first, because my experience with this doctor was exactly like one of the other reviews here regarding this man's attitude. The only good thing that come from the way he acted, was that it made me go somewhere else and I found out that he had misread my blood work. Do not trust this doctor.

|  Would not Recommend Dr. Charles Witten  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2013

Dr. Charles Witten doesn’t spend a lot of time with patients. He doesn’t like to answer questions. He does unnecessary procedures. He is not always accurate in his diagnosis.

|  Look for Another Doctor  |  show details
by Charles M. on Mar 19th, 2013

Dr. Witten is the worst doctor I have ever been to. He was condescending, sarcastic, arrogant and just plain rude. He would not let me finish a sentence when we were discussing my problem without interrupting me. Every time he asked me a question he would hold his hands up in the air, and get a sarcastic expression on his face and lean his head forward (Picture someone saying are you going to hurry up) and then still not let me finish speaking. While reviewing my blood work he would take the paper he had in his hand, and literally throw it up in the air when he was finished looking at it, and left them laying all over. Perhaps I caught him on a bad day, maybe he felt bad that day, whatever the reason, his actions and attitude was insulting and appalling. Reading the other reviews here (if not left by office staff) it appears some people had good luck with him. That was not my experience at all. There is no way I would trust this man to make a decision that could have an affect on the rest of my life. If you need a urologist my advice would be to go elsewhere if at all possible. I wasted a few hours of my time and my hard earned money just to be talked down to. The new doctor I went to actually helped me, so I see how far off this man was. Regards, Charles

|  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

Great humor. Takes his time with you.

|  Excellent Ivy League educated Orlando Urologist.  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2012

An extremely intelligent physician with excellent patient care