Dr. Charles Yackulic MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

October 20th, 2015
I now know why Dr. Yackulic is so popular and well liked in this area, because he hands out benzodiazepines like candy. I spent 15 minutes with him during my first appointment, told him I had anxiety and he promptly prescribed me to lorazepam. I had never taken that type of medication before, so I fully trusted his judgment. However, when I would tell him in follow up visits that my anxiety was not subsiding, he would just increase my dose. By the time I realized I had a problem (about 6 months of seeing him), he had prescribed me 4 mg of lorazepam a day. And I had gotten addicted. That dose is not for anxiety, that is a dose to maintain addiction. My husband attended one of my appointments with me, and when he brought up his concern, the doctor said that I didn't have a drug problem, that it would be considered a problem "if she was taking 8 per day, but 4 isn't bad." My husband had told him he took my medication from me because I had a problem, and the doctor said he would not be replacing what my husband had taken from me. The doctor said that he thought I would have no problem going from 4 mg to nothing. No tapering, no weening, just cold turkey. And I've never felt worse in my life. Thank you Doctor, for all your help. I finally ended up getting the help I needed, at University Behavioral Health, the Denton mental institution.

October 6th, 2015
Awkard, impersonal, forgetful, and inconsiderate
The list of problems with Dr. Yackulic is much too long to write about in full here, as is the list of individual issues I dealt with from him as his patient. However, it only takes a few examples of reoccurring problems too illustrate how terrible he is at what he does. What I'm about to tell you is absolutely true. I have a perminant anxiety problem caused by physical trauma, more specifically a concusion that caused bleeding in my brain. If I don't take some kind of medication for it, I have panick attacks on almost a daily bases. Dr. Yackulic at one point decided that I should stop taking anxiety meds all together. In all honesty though I can't even be sure if he just made a stupid decision about that, or if he forgot that I had a serious brain injury, because throughout the course of my appointments with him, HE had to ask ME to remind him what the different medications HE PRESCRIBED ME WERE PRESCRIBED FOR. On numerous occasions, he couldn't remember what he himself diagnosed me with. And even though he made it obvious that he couldn't even remember what problems I was dealing with, he gave zero consideration to what I had to say about how well certain meds and theraputic assitance was helping me. The man needs to stop practicing medicine if he can't even keep track of his own patients.

September 5th, 2014
OK with dishonest and disorganized staff
This office uses only paper files, which causes many mistakes in record-keeping. They also do not let you make appointment more than two months in advance, even if your doctor tells you to come back in three months. This makes it difficult to keep up to date on when you should return. They do not call you back when you need to be seen, even though they refuse to make appointments for the doctor-mandated time when you check-out from your visit. What's more disconcerting is that a woman named Beverly on the office staff lied about my conversation with her on the phone and accused me of cursing at and threatening her. I did no such thing and there was a witness to my side of the call who can confirm this. The office manager still won't divulge what objectionable language I purportedly used, which reveals that she recognizes I did not and would not do this on the phone for a doctor's appointment; yet still she perpetuated the slander (to the rest of the office and the doctor) and libel (in my patient records). Dr. Yackulic is an excellent practitioner, but the office here is so bad that it is not worth it. Go elsewhere. This office is dishonest, dishonorable, and disorganized. And Dr. Yackulic seemed not to care that his staff treated his patient so horribly.

June 6th, 2012
Great doctor - not great office staff
Dr. Yackulic is the best for child physchiatry in Denton that I have found. He is very caring and goes beyond just a typical "shrink". Unfortunately, he operates out of a leased building so the office staff that supports him doesn ot work directly for him and they are extremely rude most of the time. They seem too bothered and are just rude.