Dr. Charlie Becknell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charlie Becknell?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Charlie Becknell?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 5th, 2017

If I have to wait for a short time past my scheduled appointment it is because Dr. Becknell 's previous patient health issue requires more than the usual time. In my opinion, this is one of the hallmarks of an excellent physician!

August 1st, 2016

I have been to KY Dermatology 4 times. Tomorrow will make my 5th visit for the same problem. It has yet to be properly cared for and each time, I am rushed out with the same prescription that DOES NOT WORK! Therefore, my ratings for Dr. Becknell are low right now until my visit tomorrow. Understanding that I have as much input in my care as the doctor, there will be some changes made with this FINAL visit. I will report more later

February 21st, 2015

Wonderful

Found my cancer on my face the first visit I was there. I had been to numerous dermatologists in the past that had never caught it. The first biopsy came back as some sort of calcium deposit and he didn't believe it. He did another biopsy and the then found the cancer underneath. Amazing doctor who is very thorough. Very kind! I don't mind waiting to see him since he takes such care and is so thorough.

August 6th, 2013

bad experience

Had a most unpleasant experience. Have been suffering from a painful skin rash for 5 yrs. Had seen 2 other dermatologists who were not able to help. Allergist was the most helpful to clam down blistrers that start the rash and the pain, but needed authorization from a dermatologist for some tests so tried again. Dr. Becknell ignored medical history entirely, seemed to blame me for causing the rash by scratchin when in extreme pain. Came out of visit crying. Very damaging to be seeking help for 5 years and be blamed for it by a doctor!! Mental anguish on top of the extreme pain of the skin condition. The whole reason for this visit was to get authorization for some blood tests. He said he would do it just to shut me up, when i went to my appointment a week later at Quest diagnostics the orders for the tests had never been sent.

July 9th, 2013

outstanding

Everyone in our family has seen Dr. Becknell. Our teenage boys think he is funny and easy to talk to. My wife was very nervous about her visit but he was very professional and made my wife comfortable. I have seen him for over ten years. He became my specialist after I was diagnosed with stage four metastic melanoma. He is exacting in his work, informative, and concerned. He has gone the extra mile to make sure when a melanoma was found on my face that the scar was not noticible. I see him every six months. We have had varying waits for appt. some for less than five min and others for hour. However, I have know that we have taken extra time for visits that put his schedule long. So, if I have to wait, I know that someone ahead of me needed that time. I appreciate his attention. His humor is not the normal for a dr. but neither is his personal attention to his patients. We would not consider changing dr.'s. He is Outstanding!

May 10th, 2013

lifesaver

saved my life twice via early diagnosis. saved me $2000 by anding an excision instead of forcing me to get a mor expensive plastic surgery consult>. down to earth - no holier than thou stuff.

April 10th, 2013

Great job!

I think Becknell like many is a southern man who doesn't sugar coat. I like his demeanor and staff. I've been to him twice. Once for a mole removal and another for minor excision. Long wait on one occasion...1.5 hours, but that was due to another patients need. Great cost too. He's really a funny guy and although I understand why some may be offended I appreciate opinionated people an he is a good doctor.

November 8th, 2012

Great communicator.

No waiting as I was on time and his staff is very professional.Dr.Becknell explained every proceedure him was going to do. Gave advise on prevention of skin problems and is an overall wonderful fellow.

July 29th, 2012

Wonderful doctor!

I was anxious and Dr. Becknell put me at ease immediately. He was warm and friendly yet professional. Others in the medical field could benefit from following his example.

January 5th, 2012

staff not patient friendly

June 30th, 2010

Extremely long wait times...This doctor doesn't even spend time to listen to your case. Don't waste your time with him

June 30th, 2010

Dont go to visit him

He is a basically not interested in listening to patients medical complaint and only talks general. Spent only 90 seconds with me during my visit and left the rest to his nurse. Waste of time and money. Don't ever go to him