Ophthalmologist, General and Pediatric

Frustrated with Dr. Behavior show details Frustrated with Dr. Behavior
by Irritated mom on Oct 14th, 2015

I'm actually sitting the office right now and am appalled at how Dr. Akor presented her self when coming in to the room to see my son. Her staff and the gentleman who came in before She did were great! Her- she came in the room said very quickly hi I'm dr akor. Did not look me in the eyes. Asked my son very rudely what his symptoms were and then asked me while barely turning around. After i told her about my sons reading teacher thinking he may have an eye teaming issue and that it wouldn't hurt to get his eyes Checked, SHE ROLLED HER EYES AT ME!! Then began doing all sorts of stuff to my kid and not even explaining to me what she was doing. Put drops in his eye and walked out!! Her assistant came in and I was so stunned and asked him what those drops were he told me they were to dialate his eyes and to go back to the waiting room and will call us back in about 20 minutes. So here I am. Writing this review, I am a mother of a little boy who has never had his eyes checked. I don't like doctors who have horrible bedside manner. Be friendly!!!!

Very Good Experience show details Very Good Experience
Aug 22nd, 2011

Really got alot from my visit with this dr. a few years ago, found this site looking for her office number. Plan to schedule another checkup with her soon. Very knowlegable and helpful dr.

Mar 12th, 2011

One of the best doctors I have ever visited.