Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Surgical Specialist
2031 Highway 45 N
Ste 4
Columbus, MS 39705
662-327-8924
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Go elsewhere!  |  show details
May 2nd, 2014

I do not recommend Dr Magnussen to anyone!! She spends 75% of the appointment with her back to me looking at a computer, and makes you feel dumb for asking any questions. Her bedside manner is AWFUL!! She also likes to give a smirk when you ask a question as if she is laughing at you for asking your question. I don't have children but I could not IMAGINE having her deliver my child! I would suggest going to a different clinic all together, as I had a similar experience with the other doctor in their group.

|  daisy  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2013

friendly staff, knowledgeable doctor, courteous, helpful

|  Do Not Go To Her!  |  show details
by Upset 1st Time Mama on Jul 27th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Magnussen since April 2013 when I was about 3 months pregnant. Now I am 7.5 months pregnant (30 weeks), & week 28 going into week 29 was my LAST appointment there! I had a GTT test for which I was only 8 points over and she set me a week's appt to retest. I said, 'Like heck I will!' I had starved myself & my baby for over 16 hours! We were so hungry & waiting on her to see me in the room! She did NOT care that I was a GTT patient. I could hear her go from room to room chatting with other patients, & as I patiently waited, my stomach growled & growled, my baby turned and was looking for food! I became upset and almost walked out! Finally she came in & made light that I was '8 points' over the normal glucose level! I knew that day that I wouldn't be back! I missed my appt this week, and I am NOT going back! I will set an appt with another, probably Dr. Lacy! I will NEVER fool with Dr. Magnussen again! It took me a whole month to have my 1st prenatal appt with her. She is non-caring, sarcastic, impatient, and doesn't seem to take things serious! She needs to go home & retire!

|  Would not recommend AT ALL!  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2013

I went for a blood pregnancy test because the urine test have been coming up negative. I saw dr charolette and she informed me that it was "all in my head, your wishing yourself pregnant." Now I haven't had my cycle in 100 days and I'm not a genius but if I'm not pregnant then I have something for sure wrong. I found her response to be completely unprofessional and inappropriate.. I will most certain be looking for another doctor

|  show details
Aug 11th, 2011

I would not refer to anyone. I recently am changing Doctors . I am high risk , first time mother and she shows no interest or compassion at all. Very dry to ask a question seems a bother. I so am taking my body elsewhere..

|  show details
Jan 24th, 2011

Dr. Magnussen was my doctor. I her to be rude, uncaring and sloppy with her work. I hemorrhaged after she did what they called a necessary termination of my pregnancy due to low amniotic fluid.She performed a surgery and I am not sure yet if there are any complications from it. I would NOT recommend this doctor. In fact, find someone outside of North Mississippi altogether.