Dr. Charlotte Thompson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 5th, 2017
Dr. Charlotte Thompson
Dr. Charlotte will help you, Very Caring Dr.

April 6th, 2016
I had upper eye surgery about a month ago. I showed Dr Thompson my eye lids were not the same. One is lower than the other and also puffy skin on eyebrow area. She said insurance only pays for correcting eye for seeing better. So here i am with puffy brows and one drooping eye lid. On disability and can not afford to get surgery corrected. She left me with looking disfigured. I can understand the surgery not going perfect sometimes but the doctors should be responsible for correcting the error. I will continue to fight this matter until my eyes are corrected. I would not recommend Dr Charlotte Thompson!

August 3rd, 2015
This woman yelled at an 87 year old patient with eye cancer telling her she was told not to take her vitamins. This is the third time being diagnosed with skin cancer near the eye. Patient was told "Oh sorry you were told that 1% could experience reoccurring cancer." Then Dr. Thompson yelled at her again saying "you should have remembered the procedure from three years ago" This poor woman can't remember what she ate yesterday let alone procedure requirements from 3 years ago. Horrible bedside manner, avoid her if at all possible. All she cares about is the almighty dollars she gets.

July 24th, 2015
My 4 year old daughter was referred here after having some swelling of her eye. Dr. Thompson and her staff was great. She conducted a thorough evaluation and explained all treatment options with no pressure to pursue one over the other. She took her time and made us very comfortable with her assessment. Her friendly staff has followed up to see how things are going with my daughter.

June 4th, 2015
After seeing her for approx 13 mos for shingles in the eye, she referred me to a cornea specialist before she did an eye lid repair surgery. Due to the shingles the eye lid muscle has become damaged causing the eye lid to droop. Her office said they would make the appointment. After waiting 5 weeks and not getting an appt from them, I made it myself. From that time I checked with the new Dr if they had received my records from her. No they hadn't. Everytime I called her office to inquire about my records they would just say they will send them. After 8 weeks the appointment with the new Dr who Dr Thompson had referred me had arrived. While I was there I was told that Dr Thompson never sent the records. I told them that 8 days earlier I went to the office to ask about my records. The receptionist told me that she faxed the records the day before. Then Dr KanitKar's nurse called once again to ask for the records. She was told that Dr Thompson refused to make my records available to him. She actually refused to release my file to him even though she was sending me to him for his expert opinion. How can a Dr refuse to give a patients file to another Dr of her choice especially when her office girl told me that they were faxed 8 days ago.

March 21st, 2014
Don't go..ever.
I will never recommend Charlotte Thompson to anyone. She showed no concern for telling me what she was testing me for and why. Nor, did she explain the results of any of those tests to me. She acted annoyed when I asked questions and I basically left with no more information on my condition than when I arrived at her office. She was rude, unprofessional, and the equipment was out-dated and dirty. Wait time was 10-15mins. Total appt time was 2 HOURS. For that amount of time she should have been able to do more than just acknowledge the symptoms I told her about. I would not recommend her or her practice to anyone.

August 26th, 2013
Ex-loyal customer for 11 years
Despite the long office wait time I always experience being seen there, I've been a loyal patient of Dr. Charlotte Thompson for 11 years. That is until today. I took off of work, showed up to a scheduled appointment, and was told before I could be seen I had to pay a past due balance of $25! Past due from when, for what I asked? That doesn't even equal out to one of my copayments, I stated. Then I was inadequately informed that due to "their system changes", it's showing an unpaid balance from 2004!!! This is 2013, clearly that $25 was an oversight on their behalf due to "their computer system". Clearly that was some type of an error, I mean I've been seen every year since 2004 - why hadn't this fee appeared then? None the less, despite the office of Dr. Charlotte Thompson not ever notifying me of the fee, not mentioning the balance when I phoned and scheduled the appointment, and stating that if I didn't pay it they would tack on another $15...she lost a loyal customer. Couldn't provide me with an exact date of service, what the charge was for or anything. I guess I might as well just hand out $25 dollars to any and everybody asking, huh doc? If the fee was valid surely they should have been able to provide me some more info other than "system changes". I don't mind paying money for services provided, I mean, really, I went there today expecting to pay a copayment. But you're not just going to rip me off. Doctors are like car insurance companies, its too many out there to just stick with one, when given poor customer service. Thanks but no thanks, I'll find another.

April 24th, 2013
crook
If I could give zero stars i would...Not only did i wait over an hour to be seen, Dr. C Thompson was not respectful, she did not listen to my concerns. It was a waste of time and money. They overcharged me and now my insurance company and I are currently trying to get my refund for overages. I even spoke to one of the lady's in the office who said "well people's insurance cards will say 30 and it ends up being like 60". I was informed by my insurance company that this is not how it works, and something fishy is definitely going on there. I feel bad for anyone else who they have skimmed money out of.

April 4th, 2013
She is very rude and disrespectful!!!

July 4th, 2012
She spends little time with patients and appears more concerned about money than patient care. Did not relate information as needed and asked who was supposed to be monitoring me for something that I was seeing her for. Not a good neuro opthamologist!

February 7th, 2012
Refused to see family after surgery re: results of vital eye surgery.
Refused to assist in providing basic supplies once patient was released from Hospital. Rude and incompetent staff. When questioned regarding procedure, stated, I do not know, "Jennifer". Demanded full prepayment and now owe us over $200 after payment by nationally recognized insurance provided. No attempt to reimburse us. Very, very disappoint and one step away from reporting to SC LLR regarding MD, Medical Assistant and other staff. Hospital staff where she performs her operations were: Knowledgeable, compassinate, caring, and most competent. They were vital during this most horrific experience.

November 1st, 2010
Some things are worth waiting for. Dr. C. Thompson is a skilled professional with a great bedside manner. My wait was worth while because when it was my turn she treated me like I was the only patient she had. She explains things and spends the time you need to understand your consdition.