Ophthalmologists
Carolina Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Associates
2016 Sumter St
Columbia, SC 29201
803-744-2700
Locations and availability (1)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Don't go..ever.  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2014

I will never recommend Charlotte Thompson to anyone. She showed no concern for telling me what she was testing me for and why. Nor, did she explain the results of any of those tests to me. She acted annoyed when I asked questions and I basically left with no more information on my condition than when I arrived at her office. She was rude, unprofessional, and the equipment was out-dated and dirty. Wait time was 10-15mins. Total appt time was 2 HOURS. For that amount of time she should have been able to do more than just acknowledge the symptoms I told her about. I would not recommend her or her practice to anyone.

|  Ex-loyal customer for 11 years  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2013

Despite the long office wait time I always experience being seen there, I've been a loyal patient of Dr. Charlotte Thompson for 11 years. That is until today. I took off of work, showed up to a scheduled appointment, and was told before I could be seen I had to pay a past due balance of $25! Past due from when, for what I asked? That doesn't even equal out to one of my copayments, I stated. Then I was inadequately informed that due to "their system changes", it's showing an unpaid balance from 2004!!! This is 2013, clearly that $25 was an oversight on their behalf due to "their computer system". Clearly that was some type of an error, I mean I've been seen every year since 2004 - why hadn't this fee appeared then? None the less, despite the office of Dr. Charlotte Thompson not ever notifying me of the fee, not mentioning the balance when I phoned and scheduled the appointment, and stating that if I didn't pay it they would tack on another $15...she lost a loyal customer. Couldn't provide me with an exact date of service, what the charge was for or anything. I guess I might as well just hand out $25 dollars to any and everybody asking, huh doc? If the fee was valid surely they should have been able to provide me some more info other than "system changes". I don't mind paying money for services provided, I mean, really, I went there today expecting to pay a copayment. But you're not just going to rip me off. Doctors are like car insurance companies, its too many out there to just stick with one, when given poor customer service. Thanks but no thanks, I'll find another.

|  crook  |  show details
by Suzie Q on Apr 24th, 2013

If I could give zero stars i would...Not only did i wait over an hour to be seen, Dr. C Thompson was not respectful, she did not listen to my concerns. It was a waste of time and money. They overcharged me and now my insurance company and I are currently trying to get my refund for overages. I even spoke to one of the lady's in the office who said "well people's insurance cards will say 30 and it ends up being like 60". I was informed by my insurance company that this is not how it works, and something fishy is definitely going on there. I feel bad for anyone else who they have skimmed money out of.

|  Follow up  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2013

She is very rude and disrespectful!!!

|  show details
Jul 3rd, 2012

She spends little time with patients and appears more concerned about money than patient care. Did not relate information as needed and asked who was supposed to be monitoring me for something that I was seeing her for. Not a good neuro opthamologist!

|  Refused to see family after surgery re: results of vital eye surgery.  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

Refused to assist in providing basic supplies once patient was released from Hospital. Rude and incompetent staff. When questioned regarding procedure, stated, I do not know, "Jennifer". Demanded full prepayment and now owe us over $200 after payment by nationally recognized insurance provided. No attempt to reimburse us. Very, very disappoint and one step away from reporting to SC LLR regarding MD, Medical Assistant and other staff. Hospital staff where she performs her operations were: Knowledgeable, compassinate, caring, and most competent. They were vital during this most horrific experience.

|  show details
Nov 1st, 2010

Some things are worth waiting for. Dr. C. Thompson is a skilled professional with a great bedside manner. My wait was worth while because when it was my turn she treated me like I was the only patient she had. She explains things and spends the time you need to understand your consdition.