Dr. Charmian Cohen MD Patient Reviews

April 1st, 2016
Horrible Doctor. Waiting time unreal. It's like a mill

September 4th, 2015
Terrible
I waiting 3 hours to see this doctor. Staff could have informed me as a new patient how long the wait was going to be. The assistant that took my information in the exam room barely spoke English and had difficult understanding simple things like my medications, chief complaint etc. When the doctor came in she rushed the visit and would cut me off as I was speaking . I was seen as a new patient to have my thyroid checked. I explained that I had a rapid weight gain in the last year and have difficulty losing weight, despite the fact that I workout 4-6 times a week and diet. Without even knowing what my diet consists of she replied "Oh, you just have to eat a lot less to lose weight". So disappointed and I do not recommend this office to ANYONE.

March 26th, 2015
Phlebotomists are kind and gentle.
superb bedside manner. She's not hasty or impersonal.

May 28th, 2013
I had a great experience with Dr. Charmian Cohen. She was extremeIy thorough, took her time with me answering all of my questions and putting my mind at ease. Dr. Cohen has a very busy practice and I can see why. Shes definitely worth waiting for to get the kind of care that you can't get in any Endocrinology office. Her staff was professional and prompt and followed up with me after my visit. Without hesitation, I would definitely recommend Dr. Cohen to any of my family members/friends. I know they would be in good hands!

May 4th, 2013
She has a heart for her patients....
I was referred to Dr Cohen by my PCP. When I walked in, her office was packed. And since it was my first time, I wanted to see why so many people waited patiently to see her. Her staff was very pleasant. When I met her, she was attentive, soft spoken and gentle. She addressed all my concerns, took time to explain the treatment regimen she wanted to start me on. She provided an option of a CDE who would further provide additional support. I spoke to few patients in the waiting about their tenure with her and some said, they have been going to her for years. I was very pleased with her and now I know why her patients love her. I would highly recommend this doctor.

November 1st, 2012
She took her time to see me. Went above the purpose of my visit to discuss my weight and diet options. I felt she really understood and wanted to do her best.A most dedicated and caring doctor.

October 24th, 2012
I was referred to this physician recently. Her staff was very friendly on the phone and this was the first indication for me that it was going to be a good experience. The doctor was warm and very attentive. She is the best Endocrinologist in the Bronx, by far. She knows her stuff. She made me feel welcomed. She took her time with me. She referred me to a (certified diabetic educator) after she was done with me, who provided me additional information that was very helpful. I think I have found the only doctor I would trust to help me manage this condidtion...Thank you Dr. Cohen.

July 18th, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Cohen for about 7 years now, I see her about every three months. Every time i have gone to the office I have had nothing but positive things to say about the staff and my visit with the doctor. Dr. Cohen is very attentive and always makes me feel comfortable during my visit. i find that she is an amazing doctor and have recommended a few friends and family members. As far as I am concerned i will be a patient of hers until she retires.

May 17th, 2012
Worst Doctor
Dr Cohen does not listen to your concerns. I explained my symptoms only to have them dismissed by her because the blood work were "textbook". When I asked her why am I experiencing these symptoms if the blood work is fine she stated "I can't give you a magic pill to make them go away". I can not wait for my second opinion so I can stop stressing about my health.

July 13th, 2011
I have gone to seee Dr. Cohen about 5 times within 2 weeks rime and he has always seen me at exactly the time he asked me to be there. he even called me several times after my first appoitnemnt to ensure that I was doing well on the medication prescribed.

February 10th, 2011
RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL, NON-CARING, ARROGANT
I was referred to her by my doctor for a needle biopsy. When I called to make an appointment, I was told that she sees new patients up until 1:00. I take the 1:00 appointment and needless to say I was not seen. It is now 2:50 and I ask how much longer is it going to be because I have a 3:00 mammogram appointment down the hall at 3:00. I was told I was next. At 2:59 I approach the front desk once again and tell them I will be back as I did not want to miss my mammogram appointment. I return back at 3:30 and needless to say I was not seen until 4:45. I think it is absurd to have to wait 4 hours for only a five minute visit. And what was more frustating was the fact that because I was a new patient, I had to be there before 1:00. What is the point? When I finally got to see the doctor, she walks into the room, doesn't even introduce herself and out right asks: "What's the problem?" At this point I was fuming with rage and politely told her that if she read the referral from my doctor, she would know what the problem is. She said I didn't need the biopsy done. The next day I called my doctor and told him about my experience with Dr. Cohen. He apologized for her behavior, which is no fault of his, and then told me he would think twice of ever referring any more patients to her. She is rude, bold, arrogant, unprofessional and uncaring. Her license should be stripped. You get better treatment from an animal. I said I would rather die than to ever have to see her face again. She should be brought up for review and then given the boot.

November 19th, 2010
It's not about quality care
Overall you're going to be frustrated by the wait time for a five minute visit. The triple booking for an appt is disgusting. Your wait time will always be over an hour. ( meaning a 10am appt means 11:20 a.m). Then because she has a large client base she'll meet with you for five minutes to use the room again for the next patient. Time means money and she has no time to discuss in depth. Anyone can write a prescription.