Dr. Charu Dhingra MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecology North Las Vegas, NV

• Good
  • Bad

February 20th, 2015
Very thorough and personable.

December 8th, 2014
The Best Doctor in Las Vegas

June 6th, 2014
Dr. Dhingra is a very caring and excellent physician. I put off surgery for prolapse for too long because I was afraid of what I did not understand. My only regret that was not introduced to her sooner. I only took 2 pain pills during my recovery. Thank you Dr. Dhingra.

May 15th, 2014
Uro-gyne surgery
I had a robotic assisted hysterectomy and bladder suspension and it was the easiest surgery I've ever had. It entailed 5 small abdominal incisions and a catheter overnight. I had some minor to moderate cramping the day after surgery which motrin took care of and no other pain. The worst part was not being allowed to lift more than 5 lbs for 6 wks post-op because I felt completely fine. Dr. Dhingra was wonderful in the office and hospital, explaining everything and completing all appropriate tests in the office. I highly recommend her for anyone needing urologic or gynecologic surgery.

May 3rd, 2014
Very Thankful!
I had 5 children and I develeoped prolapse at the age of 72 years. I was reluctant to have this fixed because of my age and being diabetic and hypertensive. Conservative options did not work and due to persistent bladder infections I had to have surgery to have it pushed back up. I was referred to Dr. Charu Dhingra, and I felt confident with her. She assured me that she is going to take good care of me, and she did VERY well! Now, I am fully recovered from my surgery and I am very thankful to Dr Dhingra for solving my issue. She is a kindhearted doctor, very compassionate, always there to answer the questions, and most importantly she takes time to listen to her patients and will go beyond to make sure everything is alright.

March 30th, 2014
Great doctor!
I want to thank Charu Dhingra, M.D., who took care of me when my urologist could not fix his own mistake. My gynecologist told me that I need a uro-gynecologist, I travelled from Arizona to Las Vegas to seek help from Dr. Dhingra. I found her to be very knowledgable, caring and compassionate physician. She was very thorough in examining me and took the time to explain the procedure I needed to fix my problem. She thoroughly explained the surgery, what to expect after surgery. Unfortunately, there are not many doctors out there with her qualities. She gave me all the information regarding the procedure, and what to expect afterwards. We are very lucky to have such a brilliant physician here in Las Vegas. I regret not having my first surgery by her.

February 27th, 2014
Bring all your records
Even though I was in pain, I took the time to fill out all the paperwork and printed it out before the appointment. My pharmacy information, my prior doctor consultations were all listed under the appropriate sections. At no time, do I recall a section or a preamble that stated to bring in "all your records" to the appointment. In this day of electronic information, it is much more feasible to access patients records electronically anyway. The doctor was amiable and spent time talking to me and my husband, but then scolded me like a child for not bringing in all my medical records into the appointment. If this IS indeed a requirement before an appointment, it needs to be stated plainly in the paperwork. She said I wasted 45 minutes of her day by NOT bringing in the records myself. If she indeed wants to be this thorough in her review of a patient's history BEFORE the initial visit, then she should ask the patient history be filled out a couple of days before online so the office can compile this information for her. Certainly scolding a patient is never a nice option. She asked me to supply the name of my pharmacy(I already had with the phone number on the patient form...maybe she did not look at it) and she would call in an RX for me. I do not like narcotics so this was a numbing bladder agent. My husband went to pick up the RX and it was not there. Basically SHE wasted 2 hours of my day, making me feel like a child, not helping me with my pain and sending my husband on a useless errand, Luckily, the next urologist I met knew exactly what I had (hereditary cysinturia) and I experienced relief almost immediately with the simple addition of a salt...potassium citrate when he gave me samples from his cupboard. I was SO grateful, I took him gummy bears!!!!!

September 13th, 2013
I hit a jackpot with Dr. Dhingra!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr. Dhingra! Dr. Dhingra is trained in urology and gynecology (urogynecologist). She treats difficult cases of female urinary incontinence, prolapse and pain. She helped me with a lot of issues I was having for years. None of the other doctors were able to help me. She is absolutely amazing, very friendly and knowledgable. I have recommended her to several of my friends and those who saw her, had a great experience! I can not recommend her high enough.

August 1st, 2013
Excellent doctor
I am so grateful to have been referred to Dr. Dhingra. Dr. Dhingra and her staff are professional and caring. I always felt comfortable during my office visits and tests. My prolapse case was a complex one. On May 29,2013 I had Robot Assisted Hyssterectomy with pelvic reconstruction and sling surgery. The next morning I was up and walking in my room and the hallway. I had a full breakfast and lunch, and was discharged later that afternoon. I was discharged with pain meds that I took as needed for about two weeks. I feel like a women again! I am so grateful to Dr. Dhingra for giving me my life back! Her office nurse, Dr. Ivie who assisted with my surgery, and surgical scheduler Audrey- they were all very helpful.

June 12th, 2013
Amazing doctor!
I am incredibly lucky to find Dr. Charu Dhingra. I had problems controlling my bowels and bladder for years and was always scared to leave my home. The medications I was prescribed barely helped me and were giving me side effects. My son did some research and found out that Dr. Dhingra is the ONLY fellowship trained Urogynecologist in the state of Nevada. Dr. Dhingra spent almost an hour with me going over everything and really helped me understand the causes of my problems and my treatment options. She was always on time and extremely pleasant in what can be a very uncomfortable environment for some body with my condition. Now, four months later, I have complete control of my bowel and bladder. Thank you Dr. Dhingra for giving me my life back!

May 9th, 2013
My gynecologist did not have the expertise to help the issues I have in my "pelvic area" so she referred me to a urologist who then sent me to Dr. Dhingra because she has the highest level of training in pelvic floor issues. I have suffered for past several years. Even though I have been with her practice for only four months, I trust her and feel that she has got me on the right path to a better quality of life. She has a vey professional and human approach to the patients.

July 3rd, 2012
I have worked with Dr. Dhingra doctor for over 3 years and find her to be an amazing doctor. Patients love her. She is very knowledgable, intelligent, and has an excellent bedside manner.