Dr. Chemen Neal MD Patient Reviews

April 11th, 2016
She's great. Very happy.

February 23rd, 2016
Dismissive doctor
I'm 17 weeks pregnant and I'm switching to another doctor. I had fallen outside and called her office to see if I needed to come in to be seen. She nurse said yes, right away. Chemen did not care at all about the pains I was feeling and said that anything serious would have already happened within the first six hours. She had her resident listen to the baby's heartbeat. I wasn't supposed to officially meet her until the following week after my fall, but she re-scheduled that appointment because it was "too soon" for me to see her. She asked me about the anal fissure I was dealing with and when I told her that it's been a year and a half and it still has not healed but that I wanted to talk about a possible c-section, she dismissed me and said that another vaginal delivery would help the situation. What? Don't get me wrong, her staff is EXCELLENT; super friendly, very informative, but Chemen is the opposite. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.

January 30th, 2014
She was not very personable and very cocky she did not believe that I was in pain w endo despite having had it before . No bedside manner at all

May 20th, 2013
patient
Dr Tate was very patient with me !! She answered all of my questions , and made me feel very comfortable before and after my surgery.....

May 17th, 2013
Awful Experience
This MAKES you give them a minimum of 1 start. I would absolutely give ZERO. My experience with Dr. Tate was, perhaps, the most awful medical doctor-patient experience I have had in my life. I would never consider setting foot back in her office again. While the nursing staff were wonderful and helpful- she was rude, condescending, dismissive, and completely detached. I was so horrified by the way she spoke to me that I changed doctors AND hospitals at 36 weeks pregnant! It was incredibly stressful to do so, but there was no way that I was going to continue to be under the care of someone who was so uninterested in my feelings on my own childbirth experience and who clearly had no interest in my feelings on the matter. But what do I know...I'm just a lowly patient. Nothing compared to the all-knowing doctor. Luckily for me, I was able to change to a doctor who was wonderful, listened, and provided me with the most wonderful care. I am only sorry to have wasted so much of my pregnancy with Dr. Tate.

September 14th, 2012
I live 100 miles away from the University of Indianapolis, so we schedule multiple appointments with other Drs. due to the cost of gasoline. We were unfortunately 40 minutes late to her appt. with me, I figured I would have to reschedule,but,she DID see me. She had to shorten the visit...but she STILL saw me. She is very polite and professional, but very warm and compassionate. I would certainly recommend her to any female. Young and old alike.

April 28th, 2011
Dr. Tate is an excellent physician
Dr. Tate was friendly, relaxed, yet very professional. I went for a simple yearly exam but had questions about a few changes going on. She was knowledgable and reassuring and very down to earth. She also did the most gentle exam I've ever had in over 30 yrs of gynec. exams. Her assistant was very friendly as well, and the office is very comfortable and nice. I'd refer women of any age and teenagers/young women to Dr. Tate.

July 1st, 2009
Dr Tate is wonderful. She made me feel comfortable and very relaxed. She is professional yet personal. Great bedside manner. The office staff and she were FAT FRIENDLY. I am morbidly obese, this issue was addressed but she diagnosed my condition and did not assume that my weight was the only problem. This lady is intelligent and she knows her stuff!!!! I highly recommend her to anyone for ob or gyn.

March 2nd, 2016