Dr. Cheng-Ti Dai MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

April 5th, 2016
I can not beleive this woman can practice medicine!
" 1 star" is too high for this rude, arrogant, obviously socially low IQ. She talks to you as if you were an idiot and she is so bright...the fact is , she may be smart enough to get through med school, but she is not smart enough to know the basics, how to treat people. From the first I KNEW this was trouble..., I sat in a room, in a paper towel gown mind you, for over an hour as I listened to her yell at all her staff. Finally, I get dressed, poke my head out of this tiny room and said, have you forgotten am in here? She is rude, says things so inappropriate that I cannot even list them all...such as to another patient...you are just too fat! And this is a service you PAY for!!! Bottom line, I was desperately trying to find another pain med dr...when I call her and ask her to send my records to one I found...her nurse calls back saying "dr dai has not released you"???? I was not asking for a release, I wanted another dr! Then there was the visit that she comes in and I mention that I was not sure but thought my Fibromyalgia was getting worse...which she replies..."you do not have Fibromyalgia...who told you that" I was stunned!! I said, look in the records that you have and ...if I do not,..why in the heck are you writing me these pain pills... well, she caught herself, insincerely apologizing the next visit...trying to create some excuse for not even knowing what she is treating who for! Finally, as still I am telling myself...find another pain med dr...I have to have extensive surgery...which I informed her about BEFORE the surgery...she says nothing...then, I tell the attending surgeon...I go to dr dai, this is what I take , will that be enough to cover this pain. It was not, he prescribed an adequate amount of pain meds to get me through a very painful week...go back to dai...tell her I had the surgery, honestly fill out her little questionnaire regarding any dr's I have seen and all meds taken.. She comes in the room like I had committed the most horrible crimes of deception ...THEN...she dismisses me as a patient!!!!!! I am just warning you...if you want a miserable experience, be treated like an idiot with no brain (oh, one thing she tells me...my brain does not work right...well perhaps she does not think so yet I was accepted to one of the most prestigious high schools in the country with a genius level IQ), go in EVERY month so she can pocket more money...and then, for whatever crazy reasoning, have your medical records tainted...then by all means...this IS you dr! If you want someone who will treat you with respect, know what they are treating you for and have the knowledge how to...then DO NOT go here...it will be...a true nightmare experience!

March 13th, 2016
warm and funny
She is actually great. I think any doubt she casts on patients is because people go seeking drugs and not in any real pain. You have to follow the law and that is what she does. Once the relationship is established she is awesome. She is funny and real. I take my mom who is very old and hard to communicate with and she is always tolerant and provides a laugh or two.

January 21st, 2016
Disappointing...
This Doctor is just barely shy of mean...if you are in chronic pain, you go to a Doctor for help...she, however, appears to be convinced everyone in pain is faking and simply seeking medications. I was referred after multiple failed knee replacement surgeries...she did not read my surgeon's letter or any of the reports... The staff is very nice.

October 20th, 2015
Dr. Dai is a patient who has chronic pain to go to.
I have been seen Dr. Dai for more than 4 years. She listens to my situations (such as: daily activities, mental state, and other pain relieve methods/remedies which I am trying on my own), and makes shot time/long times plans for me regarding my prescription dosage and frequency/types of shots. Since I am a patient who has been taking Narcotics for long term, she monitors my health in general and reviews all my PCP Lab tests.

April 29th, 2015
DR. DAI IS RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL!
I went with my mother to see Dr. DAI. She was referred by my mothers PCP. MY MOTHER was in terrible pain on our first and only visit and exhausted due to the continuous shooting pain in her left eye and entire left side of the head for almost a month. As soon as that evil witch of a doctor (Dr. Dai) walked in she sat down and so rudely asked my mom why she was there. (So she obviously did not read any of the several forms she had us fill out or medical records we supplied her with). My mother began by saying " she is having pain behind her left eye" AND BEFORE MY MOTHER COULD FINISH Dr. DAI rudely and with lack of any care or sympathy said "well I'm not familiar with the pain you are having, I'm not an eye dr, you need to go see an eye dr". I told Dr. DAI "WELL HER EYE DOCTOR REFERRED HER TO A PAIN MANAGEMENT DR AND THAT'S WHY WE ARE HERE. SHE'S BEEN HAVING A SHARP SHOOTING THROBBING PAIN FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW". Dr. Dai WAS PRETTY MUCH ARGUING AND GIVING my MOM A HARD TIME. THEN Dr. DAI HAD THE NERVE TO SAY (when we showed her the medical records) "I can't read these medical records, maybe they are too fancy for me to read"... I COULD NOT BELIEVE SHE SAID THAT!!!! FIRST TIME I EVER CAME ACROSS A DR. WHO SAID SOMETHING SO STUPID LIKE THAT!!! THEN SHE TOSSED THEM ON THE PATIENT TABLE. THEN Dr. DAI SAID, "I NEED A NUMBER OR THE NAME OF A DR. TO CALL TO VERIFY....(THE NAME OF my mothers eye DR. , HIS FACILITY PHONE number NUMBER and facility name were all on the medical records and she ordered us practically to write it down on a paper for her so she can call and while we were busy getting the number to write down she said "If I can't get one of you to answer me " I'm going to walk out OF HERE"... I looked at her and said"What? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" I SAID LOOK Im GOING TO CALL HER DOCTORS OFFICE AND HAVE THEM FAX YOU SOMTHING. i just cant believe what was provided to her by the PCP, AND MEDICAL RECORDS WERE NOT ENOUGH.... i think she just enjoys giving people a hard time... it seems as if she likes getting a reaction out of helpless people. She is so rude... but because my mother has been in so much pain I pretty much had to bite my tongue... she perscribed pain pills but I hope I'm able to help my mom find a different doctor. I have never in my life come across such a rude and unprofessional Doctor Who is too lazy to read medical records and forms and with such complete lack of empathy For patience who are in so much pain. She's a horrible doctor!!!! And hopefully one day Dr. DAI doesn't come across the wrong patient who REALLY let's her have it!

March 1st, 2015
Sorry for her whatever it is.
Disrespectful to my boyfriend the year before. This latest time, she was disrespectful to me and the hospital nurse. The nurse asked her a question about my paperwork and the doctor lost her mind, flipped out and started yelling. Apparently, the doctor was in a hurry to get through her slate of patients at the location I was at to get to another hospital for more procedures and did not have time for questions. I was already nervous (and later realized I had also become afraid at that moment- thinking there might be something wrong with her - physically? spiritually? or mentally? And this is the person I'm letting stick stuff into my back?) I did not get a chance to connect to the new feeling long enough as the anesthesiologist came in right then. The whole thing was over before I knew the next thing. I feel sad for her. But don't plan to ever go back.

November 23rd, 2014
You'll See
These glowing reports regarding Dr. Dai are just flat out wrong. My experience and many of the poor reviews were all about the Doctor's attitude. She is unprofessional and that's the problem. Anyone with real pain is well aware of the testing requirements, etc., and I doubt drug seekers are wasting their time to complain about this Doctor's manner! If you do make an appointment have a back up plan, there are still Doctors who manage pain who are pleasant while adhering to any testing standards. Really can't imagine any good review is true.

November 17th, 2014
No Nonsense GOOD Doctor
Dr Dai was the first pain management Doctor I have seen who didn't have a lobby full of drug seeking people. She is not in medicine to dole out pain meds. She truly wants to treat you and is very knowledgeable on the many ways to help your chronic pain. She has done multiple procedures on me and I trust her completely. I like her honesty. Yes I have heard her upset at people abusing their medications as another review mentioned but it can be deadly to do so...no Doctor wants their patients to be in danger. I will continue to see her, once you get to know her she is a very pleasant person.

May 15th, 2013
Patient for 10+ years
I've seen Dr. Dai almost monthly for over ten years now. I have heard her speak firmly with patients in adjoining examination rooms but this is based on the tone of her voice - never yelling - because I can't understand what she's saying. Regarding the post by someone alleging to having had to drive 10 miles or whatever in severe pain: If you were in severe pain you could not have driven yourself anywhere. If your goal is to get narcotic pain medication absent any evidence showing a legitimate cause for your "pain" then you shouldn't waste your time seeing Dr. Dai. Those seeking narcotics absent a medical necessity for treatment with narcotics will be disappointed. Dr. Dai doesn't play that game and she will view you and treat you exactly how you need to be treated - as a person who abuses narcotics. She has little or no patience for this. She treats those with pain - not drug addictions. I've had to undergo many "impromptu" requests for urine specimens in her office and lab work that must be performed within 24 or 48 hours. The purpose of these lab tests is to detect diversion - to be sure her patient is taking medications as prescribed and no other medications that she is unaware of. Random drug screenings are part of a protocol recommended by the APA and required by some medical malpractice insurance carriers. Either way, she's doing her job which is to treat pain when it exists and NOT prescribe narcotics to those seeking narcotics for reasons other than pain management. I highly recommend Dr. Dai if you experience pain resulting from a legitimate and recognized medical condition and your pain interferes with your ability to function. I don't recommend Dr. Dai if you're seeking narcotic pain medication for other reasons because she will not support your addiction. I hope you'll seek the assistance from a physician who can help you get rid of your addiction and lead a happy life free of addiction. I wish you all the best of luck.

July 20th, 2012
Find another Doctor
The Doctor did not review my medications, ask me what she should do with me, debated with herself out loud as if I were not in the room and her attitude dismissive. That's is about as fair, as I can be. If you need a pain management specialist, do more research and find a Doctor who will bother to read your list of current medications and listen to your issue. She was rude, forget about bed side manner with this Doctor - if she ever had any she does not now. Fired her after 2 visits...

January 20th, 2012
my opinion on Dr. Dai
There was no one in the office at the time they told us to arrive. The doctor VERY loudly argued with her front desk young lady. She accused me of not having my former paperwork from my last physician faxed to her. I called this doctor and they said they had sent it. She talked over us whenever we attempted to speak to her. Dr. Dai followed us into the waiting room, with patients, and hollered for us to get out of HER OFFICE! I am almost 72 years old and have never been treated like us by any other physician. I have a very close relationship with all my other physicians.

December 5th, 2011
Office Staff Is Terrible
Impossible to get a return phone call. Had to call several times to setup scans and other appointments that I needed their referral on. Go somewhere else, you don't need anymore pain do you?