Neurologists

IU Health Arnett Medical Offices
2600 Ferry St
Lafayette, IN 47904
765-448-8000
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

|  Thank you Dr. Du  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2012

Dr Du diagnosed me with a rare neurological condition that was being masked by my diabetic neuropathy. He did this by listening to what I was saying and having me return to his office the same afternoon to do an EMG when he would normally be out his office. He was very concerned about me and my problem. He was direct and told me what he suspected and then set up all of the necessary testing to finalize the diagnosis and discuss and set up treatment immediately. My research into this condition told me that this condition is often misdiagnosed especially among diabetics. I had only went to see him to request an EMG to see how severe my diabetic neuropathy had become, but he realized that much more was going on. Early diagnosis and prompt treatment are critical in the treatment of this condition, so again thank you Dr. Du!Now about the language problem, yes his English isn't perfect and sometimes I had trouble understanding him especially as I am very hard of hearing, however when I did not understand I told him so and he was patient and willing to take the time to clarify and communicate with me. He does indeed listen and is very concerned about his patients.

|  Poor bedside manner  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2011

In fairness, this doctor is Chinese and there may be a language barrier issue, but I felt like my visits were a total waste of time.