Dr. Cheow Tee MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 23rd, 2012
Great doctor
Very caring and spends so much time explaining things to me. Doesn't send me to specialists, or do tests, when I don't need it. Only problem is getting in, but it's a county hospital, so I understand.

August 19th, 2011
Inept at best
Takes 6 weeks to get an appt. Then the referral is another 6 weeks. So a problem takes 3 months to maybe get handled. Forgot to order my meds., then it was the wrong medication. Changed my meds and had a negative reaction - 6 more weeks to get appt. to get back on original meds.Did not follow up on my blood test and xrays - I would say she is overwhelmed at best.

January 4th, 2010
After waiting for an hour, she refused to see me.
I have seen Dr. Tee one time and though I didnt exactly find her to be charming, I paid it no mind. The wait time was long but not too much. According to my insurance, she is my primary care provider so to switch is a hassle. I am currently in the process of getting lapband surgery and my surgeon said that I need to see my family doctor once a month for six months to discuss diet and nutrition. I went to my appointment with Dr Tee today and after driving one hour to get there, and waiting for one hour in the waiting room, I was told that she would not see me because I did not get blood work done, which I just had done 6 months ago! All she needed to do was tell me to stay under 1500 calories and excersize and fax it to my surgeon but after 2 different nurses asked her to please see me, she still refused. Obviously I was very embarassed and even more embarassed to find myself crying in the middle of a doctors office begging to be seen by MY doctor! The staff there was appauled at her refusal to see a paying patient and even gave me a number to call and file a complaint against her. I cannot switch doctors because she is the only doctor in my area that is accepting patients, and i would need to switch thru my insurance company so I hope that she has a change of heart and will see me. She is just out to get money because she would have seen me if I had gotten the unnecessary blood work done. If you can avoid this doctor, PLEASE DO... she is awful... horrible... terrible...