inactive

Cheryl L Butler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

April 26th, 2012
not a good experience
I was a patient of doctor Butler for 7+ years...until now, when they way she handled some post partum complications made it clear that she was not the right doctor for me. Overall, i think she is a competent doctor, technically speaking, but quite poor in bed side manners.After my second baby was born, despite me having had some issues (such as large blood clots), i was surprised about being discharged without dr Butler performing any sort of visits on me (neither external or internal).The same night i was discharged, i had to go to the ER. Doctor Butler came to the ER and after prescribing a variety of test for me, left the hospital without coming by to inform me directly what was the complication i had. At 2 am,the ER doctor came and told me "your doctor said you can go home". Of course i had 1,000+ questions on my mind, such as: What did i have? was this normal? what should i except over the next few days? etc.. I was extremely disappointed about her leaving without telling none of that or saying goodbye. After delivering, women are in a very delicate physical and emotional place; and that is how i felt vulnerable and weak. It is unfortunate that all of this unfolded during this time. During all this ordeal I felt that dr Butler was not taking me seriously, nor i felt any sympathy. Every time I called her office after my delivery, I had the feeling that I was considered a nuisance and a winey patient. In the end I learned I had a complication called "uterine prolapse". Doctor Butler did not provide adequate information on the issue, the reasons, possible scenarios, and the way to recovery. Also, given the continuos blood clots 6 weeks after delivering i had to do a procedure called "D and C" to clean my uterus.

July 19th, 2010
Awesome!
She is blunt, to the point and she's a no frills kind of doctor. She isn't going to mask the truth or try to ease you into thinking anything. She will tell you like it is and answer any and all questions you have. She's straight, to the point and very knowledgeable. I've been going to her for 5 years and never had a wait time more than 10 minutes. She spends the time she needs with you and will never hesitate to call you back when you call her office.