Dr. Cheryl Effron MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 9th, 2016
I HAVE BEEN SEEING DR. CHERYL EFFRON FOR OVER 30 YEARS....HER STAFF IS POLITE & KNOWLEDGABLE...DR. EFFRON'S PRODUCTS ARE EXCELLENT....ESPECIALLY THE REJUVENATIN SERUM....HER WORK IS EXCELLENT & SHE IS NEVER TO BUSY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS I HAVE...I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER..NO MATTER WHICH OFFICE YOU GO TO...MOST PEOPLE THINK I AM 10 RS YUNGER THAN I AM...THANKS TO DR EFFRON....

July 16th, 2015
I have deep lines on the edges of my mouth...
I have deep lines on the edges of my mouth commonly referred to as marionette lines. One is so deep that it is constantly chapped and drinking liquids leak from it. My PCP referred me to a dermatologist for possible collagen inj to the site to plump it up. The dermatologist insisted this product was the only thing that would fix it. It was $599. I went for it desperate to not be a drooler. After receiving the first painful round for 599 I looked in the mirror and saw no change to the deep lines, she assured me a second round for $499 would work. No other alternative was offered and the doctor was confident in the outcome. Didn't work, not happy and to add insult to injury, I wasn't given the $100 discount for the second round of Bolotero. I feel totally taken advantage of. Beware.

January 23rd, 2015
Knowledge to me is key- Dr Efron knows her stuff!!!

November 15th, 2012
Effron cares about profits, NOT you or your time
Everything about this office is cold - from the patient mill bedside manner, to the staff, to the freezing exam rooms. Dr. Effron significantly overbooks her schedule and shows up late even for the first appointments in the morning. She is ALWAYS behind and leaves you wasting hours of your time. She churns through patients as quickly as she can leaving little time for any caring. She clearly only cares about maximizing her profits by maximizing the number of patients and selling her expensive cremes. She has NO regard for you or your time.

September 9th, 2011
Overall, my visit to Dr. Effron was a colossal disappointment. She was condescending and product-pushing. I felt like I was treated as a general skin case and potential money source rather than as a patient. After a lengthy wait in both the waiting room and patient room, Dr. Effron walked in and - without even introducing herself or letting me say why I was visiting (although I had written why on my chart) - immediately pronounced judgment on me for only wearing sunscreen when active and not every day. An odd way to start off, and her condescending demeanor never changed for the whole visit. Now, I was there to get a few blemishes checked to make sure they weren't dangerous, and that's it. But almost as fast as she judged me after walking in, she moved on to drafting up a comprehensive acne regimen for me, something I did not want or ask for. She told me to fill a prescription for a topical antibiotic, and I raised a simple concern about the possibility of antibiotic resistance from extended use. She didn't like being questioned and quickly, dismissively brushed my concerns aside. It seems to me that she cares much more about making skin look good than about her patients' concerns.Case and point: After her rehearsed sunscreen and acne diatribe, she was ready to walk out the door without checking a single area of my skin that I asked her to check in my paperwork! I had serious concerns about whether I had skin cancer, but she paid no attention to them until I stopped her from leaving and reiterated why I made my appointment. She looked at my bump for about 2 seconds, took a measurement, and said it was a cyst that I'd be stuck with for life unless they cut it out. Hmm, that would've been something important to mention to me before leaving!Don't go to Dr. Effron if you want your doctor to be a partner in your health care. Go see her if you want your doctor to be a dictator in your health care. Also go see her if you have a lot of extra money that you don't know what to do with. While waiting, I could hear her conversation with the patient in the adjacent room, and she became extremely friendly right after she coerced a patient into a skin procedure costing hundreds.Bottom line: At Dr. Effron's office, cash is king and Dr. Effron is queen.

May 17th, 2011
Awesome Dermatolgist
After seeing three different Dermatologist in the past 2 yrs I was nervous based on reviews I had read on Dr. Effron. Though many mothers at my school talked about her knowledge in her profession and being result oriented. I was still still leary to make my appointment for my child.Though a little rough on the edges, Dr. Effron helped my child with her on-going acne and the importance of keeping her hands off her face. I was offered some product and a prescription with very detailed AM/PM instructions dictated to the nurses. After purchasing the product and filling my daughters medication, in about 4 days we already started seeing results. My daughter was happy and I was happy. I was grateful for her honesty and directness to tackle this matter head on.The staff was caring and courteous. My daughter has now been seeing Dr. Effron for about 6 months and we couldn't be happier with the outcome! THANKS...YOUR AWESOME!

May 6th, 2011
Read me like a book
Though I may not have wanted to hear everything DR. Effron had to say...she was right on about everything. I was not wearing my sunscreen, so I caused my own skin damage, but I was offered several ways to re-correct my problems before I hit 45. I guess all the laying out as a teenager was not such a good idea. It's time to take responsibility and make changes. It has been 2 months and my skin has never looked better. I was told about 4 products to consider-no pressure and bought 2 of them. So far they have done nothing but improve the quality of my skin condition. It was hard to break out of my old habits, but I did it! The staff is friendly, had my routine all written out and I have been back twice now. I needed a kick in the butt and Dr. Effron called me on my stuff and I am grateful.

April 3rd, 2011
Recommend for results
I called the office spoke with Margret, who was extremly polite, friendly, answered several questions and was very professional. I was able to get an immediate appointment. The wait was a little long, the office was the coldest office but I was offered a blanket by Kelli. All my questions were answered by Dr. Effron and I was given instructions to take home.Front office staff Rachel was friendly upon check-out and made follow-up appointment.I am happy to say my face has cleared up and I will return. The products suggested worked within one week.

March 28th, 2011
Result oriented
The front staff was professional and very friendly. The office itself was a little cold. Dr. Effron gave A LOT of information and answered all my questions. I received samples and instructions from the back office staff. Though the visit is quick and the wait was a little long, I have several family members seeing Dr. Effron based on her knowledge-expertise in the field

February 9th, 2011
Worse doctor ever. Multiple misdiagnosis -- not just for me, but also my parents. Be prepared to wait at least 1-1/2 hours and get maybe 2 minutes of the doctor's time. I have had multiple people go to her and say they would never go back.

May 29th, 2010
She has helped our family tremendously
My younger daughter and myself has severe eczema. Every time she sees us, she gives us very detailed instruction of what to do. If we thoroughly follow her directions, our condition gets improved immediately and fixed entirely. Amazing how quickly she spots our issues and treat us.When I'm too busy and cannot follow her direction precisely, then I can see that I slowed down the speed of getting results. My elder daughter's warts got improved tremendously in a few days after we are given the directions and now it's almost gone after 10 days. My husband has been seen by her since she started practice. Our girls have been seen by her since they were babies and been helped throughout. She is very gentle with our daughters and filled with fun spirits. My girls love her and so do we.

May 1st, 2010
Rude and condescending
Dr. Effron misdiagnosed me as having rosacea. She made me buy a cream from her own line of products, and told me if I didn't buy the cream, my face would just get worse. I got suspicious since she was so pushy with the cream, like a jewish used-car salesman. So I left and went to Dr. Said, who was recommended by someone else on this website. Dr. Said told me I didn't have rosacea, but I had a condition called perioral dermatitis. She gave me some pills and the condition went away in a week! I tried to return the cream to Dr. Effron's office, but she wouldn't give me a refund. I found out the cream isn't even made by Dr. Effron. Instead, it's mass produced and Dr. Effron just sticks a label with her name on it.