Dr. Cheryl Ewing Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cheryl Ewing?

April 1st, 2015

Terrible..

My sister was scheduled as the first appointment of the day to go over the results of her biopsy and imaging tests for breast cancer. We ended up waiting for over 4 hours before seeing the doctor! The staff who were on duty were shocked when we told them that we were still waiting after 4 hours. The second visit was no different--we were again the first appointment of the day and had to wait over 2 hours to be seen (much shorter than the first visit, but 2 hours is still a ridiculous wait time). Additionally, the doctor cut corners with the diagnostic measures and didn't do a critical procedure that may have led to an accurate diagnosis. As a result, she misdiagnosed my sister's breast cancer and my sister ended up getting a much more extreme procedure than what was necessary. I would never recommend this doctor.

September 11th, 2011

came to her for new primary breast cancer (my 2nd time in same breast different quadrant). she adopted a wait and see attitude. Had poorly differentiated DCIS...opted to have bilateral mastectomy by another surgeon who cared about me and my history. UCSF with Ewing was a nightmare for me

August 9th, 2011

Amazing Doctor

Dr. Ewing are the most caring surgeon I'd ever met! Explained surgery procedure in detail and makes me feel at ease. I just love her!! I appreciate it when she calls me personally with test results! Her smile lit up the room!!!

November 11th, 2009

Terrible Office Staff

I agree with reviewer #2, I have had a lot of stress dealing with her staff. She is a gem but the the staff is clueless, very difficult to get results of MRI and after I had a lumpectomy I needed another and was not informed immediatly and the wait between wasmore than 3 months, needless to say I am under a great deal of stress..

October 6th, 2009

Great doctor (apparantly); Office Staff a Disaster

I have met once with Dr. Ewing to deal with an early stage of breast cancer which will require a lumpectomy and radiation. While the doctor was knowledgeable and caring and I have heard she is an excellent surgeon, her office staff is a nightmare to deal with and I am going to likely go with another surgeon because of it. The staff simply does not follow up. Phone calls are not returned to the patient, follow up tests do not get scheduled and there is no communication at all for weeks at a time. I need an MRI and needle biopsy as per the radiologist who did my sonogram and Dr. Ewing has had the report for a week. All she needs to do is look at it and approve it so that I can have the procedures done...but nothing has happened in spite of a number of messages I've left and the Breast Nurse has left for her/her staff. I also heard from someone I spoke with at UCSF in trying to reach her office (this was just a receptionist person) that I have a follow up post-op appointment with the Dr. scheduled...however I don't have a surgery date yet (of if I do, noone has bothered to contact me to let me know when it is!). Dr. Ewing recently moved offices, but this lack of professionalism and follow up has apparantly been an ongoing problem for patients well before the office move. Buyer beware....you may have more stress due to the problems of dealing with her office and scheduling/follow up, then the actual issue of having cancer! Noone needs that!

March 10th, 2008

Dr. Ewing is an A+ surgeon

I am so glad I found her. She is really an expert in her field and have recommended her to a friend also recently diag. with BC.

February 16th, 2017