Internist

Palo Alto Medical Foundation
795 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301
650-321-4121
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Negative Experience  |  show details
by Michelle G on Sep 21st, 2010

I scheduled an initial visit with Dr. Gold for an annual exam. Three days prior to my appointment, I called the office to ask about required lab work since I had not received any paperwork. I did not get a response prior to my inquiry so went to the appointment as scheduled. Naturally, I was told that the physical could not be completely prior to samples being drawn but Dr. Gold advised we at least get started with soem background. I asked Dr. Gold to prescribe the same sleep aid that my prior internist had prescribed but she resisted repeatedly and suggested that perhaps I could get the meds from another health care provider. I persisted and she eventually agreed to prescribe a 30 day supply with no refills. Her attitude throughout the exam was dismissive; she did not convey any sense of concern for my welfare. Rather, I felt her priorities were to minimize time spent with me and potential liability related to prescriptions. I specifically requested that I not be charged for 2 visits since I would have to return for a review of the lab results and the mistake was that of her office staff. Dr. Gold stated that she really has no knowledge or control related to billing. She could not have been less helpful. Sure enough I was charged for 2 visits; the first was not even billed as an annual exam but as an appointment for a sleep aid.