Beware of this doctor!!! show details Beware of this doctor!!!
by Maddy on Aug 26th, 2016

I saw Dr. Iglesia about a year ago for several visits. Most of the visit was done by her "fellow" and I barely saw her. After talking to me for about 3 minutes the told me I needed all these tests that I did and when I saw her again she said I needed surgery and pressured me to sign up immediately. She was very insistent. I didn't feel comfortable with her recommendations and talked to my Gyne about it. My Gyne told me she never sends patients to Dr. Iglesia or her group because they are "knife happy" and always want to operate even on minor problems. She recommended I get a second opinion with another urogynecology group in Virginia that she refers to even though it is farther away. I am soooo glad I did since my new doctor spend a lot more time with me and has developed a non-surgical plan that has relieved my problems. Can't believe I almost had surgery for something that didn't need surgery!!

Exceptional Clinical and emphathy skills show details Exceptional Clinical and emphathy skills
Jan 27th, 2012

Dr. Iglesia corrected some surgical mistakes on me that were made by a different doctor back in 2009. Since then she has also worked with me on small difficulties still posed from the other surgeon's work - she and her staff are patient and thorough.

An incredibly smart, talented doctor with heart show details An incredibly smart, talented doctor with heart
Oct 11th, 2011

Dr. Iglesia is well worth the wait. She's the best urologist I've seen, and one of the top two doctors I have ever been to. I trust her opinion and diagnosis, as she's very detail oriented and smart. She's also passionate about her job, something that's not always found in doctors. You do have to make appointments well in advance and you should expect a wait at the office, but she's SO worth it.

Dr. Iglesia is an amazing surgeon show details Dr. Iglesia is an amazing surgeon
Jun 12th, 2011

The doctor operated on me via robotic arms. After surgery I never felt a pain which was amazing. I had alot of pelvic surgery and I still could walk out of the hospital the next day.It's been 4 weeks now and I feel well. She really is the best.