Dr. Cheryl Iglesia Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cheryl Iglesia?

April 27th, 2017

Amazing Doctor

I saw Dr. Iglesia for the first time yesterday and was so relieved to hear, after her very thorough examination, that I probably will not need surgery to correct my problem. She prescribed medication and physical therapy instead. My impression of Dr. Iglesia's extreme competence was buttressed by learning that she is the president of The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and one of the authors of "Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (Obstetrics/Gynecology)," described on Amazon as "the most comprehensive single-volume resource available on urogynecology." In addition to her professional expertise, she impressed me as an extraordinary person, so warm and full of life. I experienced healing just by being in her presence.

January 5th, 2017

Smart, thorough, amusing

I have a hard-to-diagnose problem (bounced around between doctors until someone figured it out some years ago, but he doesn't take insurance), and she got it immediately. No explanation necessary. She's very good, thorough, and a real firecracker.

November 21st, 2016

The doctor is great and so is the staff in the Rockville office. The MedStar office staff is horrible which is the reason for the three stars. If you can avoid the hospital office I highly recommend.

November 3rd, 2016

Compassionate and Upbeat

Dr. Iglesia has such great understanding and compassion while having a positive, cheerful attitude (when appropriate).

September 6th, 2016

One you can trust!

I have seen Dr. Iglesia for over 11 years. She recommended several options for treatment (pelvic rehab at NRH, collagen injection for prolapse}. She usually has a student with her for education purposes. I think this is good since she has a wealth of knowledge to share. She also has given me referrals and information about various medications I am prescribed. I would feel comfortable calling her if I have a question. She returns the calls herself. I only wish I would have found her sooner.

September 4th, 2016

Best doctor ever!

August 26th, 2016

Beware of this doctor!!!

I saw Dr. Iglesia about a year ago for several visits. Most of the visit was done by her "fellow" and I barely saw her. After talking to me for about 3 minutes the told me I needed all these tests that I did and when I saw her again she said I needed surgery and pressured me to sign up immediately. She was very insistent. I didn't feel comfortable with her recommendations and talked to my Gyne about it. My Gyne told me she never sends patients to Dr. Iglesia or her group because they are "knife happy" and always want to operate even on minor problems. She recommended I get a second opinion with another urogynecology group in Virginia that she refers to even though it is farther away. I am soooo glad I did since my new doctor spend a lot more time with me and has developed a non-surgical plan that has relieved my problems. Can't believe I almost had surgery for something that didn't need surgery!!

January 27th, 2012

Exceptional Clinical and emphathy skills

Dr. Iglesia corrected some surgical mistakes on me that were made by a different doctor back in 2009. Since then she has also worked with me on small difficulties still posed from the other surgeon's work - she and her staff are patient and thorough.

October 11th, 2011

An incredibly smart, talented doctor with heart

Dr. Iglesia is well worth the wait. She's the best urologist I've seen, and one of the top two doctors I have ever been to. I trust her opinion and diagnosis, as she's very detail oriented and smart. She's also passionate about her job, something that's not always found in doctors. You do have to make appointments well in advance and you should expect a wait at the office, but she's SO worth it.

June 13th, 2011

Dr. Iglesia is an amazing surgeon

The doctor operated on me via robotic arms. After surgery I never felt a pain which was amazing. I had alot of pelvic surgery and I still could walk out of the hospital the next day.It's been 4 weeks now and I feel well. She really is the best.

October 1st, 2017